DIVISION ONE EAST
Crediton Utd  2,   Uni of Exeter    1

DIVISION ONE WEST
Plymouth Marjon 3,   Holsworthy 2
Wadebridge  0,   Ludgvan   1

Wednesday 13th September

PREMIER DIVISION
Ivybridge Town  A-A  Plymouth Parkway
(match abandoned floodlight failure. 2-4 After 45 mins, however result does not stand.)
Plymouth Argyle   12,  Stoke Gabriel    0
Tavistock   4,  Exmouth Town     0

DIVISION ONE WEST
Porthleven    4, Penzance    

17 minutes ago, Sijames said:

camelford short of players so i hear!

i'll be off to see Helston v Bodmin tonight should be a beauty, going for a 2 - 2 draw!

Strange that Si - who did you hear it from as I know they had 16+ available ???  I did put in the match update on Saturday that their pitch was shredded and there are blogs and photos from others showing the pitch condition - but you obviously know better?

Should be a good one at Helston, may see you there - at some point Bodmin will start firing, hope not tonight for Helston's sake as they will have several knackered players from Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford v Falmouth is off tonight, mainly due to damage caused last weekend in Vase game against Helston - further torrential rain also due this evening.  Real shame would of been another cracker. 

Here we go again and the season only 5 weeks old  -  ridiculous !!

11 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Here we go again and the season only 5 weeks old  -  ridiculous !!

BIG AL - use some of the mass of hot air you've full of and pop up to Camelford to blow away the rain clouds, dry the pitch and then some of the b*** s**t you espouse can be used to repair the pitch - I am sure the ground staff would love the help. 

37 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

BIG AL - use some of the mass of hot air you've full of and pop up to Camelford to blow away the rain clouds, dry the pitch and then some of the b*** s**t you espouse can be used to repair the pitch - I am sure the ground staff would love the help. 

Obviously hit a tender nerve ! Everytime it rains a match is called off - presumably the tough players do not like wet grass. Thanks for the compliment !

I know we (Camels) are gutted this match is off this match tonight. With a full squad less the injured Adam Sleep available, good win on sat and rumours that Falmouth danger man Jordan Annear on holiday, why wouldn't we want to play it. Don't blame the players big al, we would love to play in these conditions!! 

Wadebridge Town 0-1 Ludgvan

Ryan Holland scored the Hurlers' winner from just inside his own half on 82 minutes. The home goalkeeper came to the edge of box in an attempt to take control of a speculative effort in swirling winds but was caught out and could only take the edge off the ball as it bounced into the roof of the net. 

A fantastic result to continue a strong start to the season for Ludgvan. Keep it going lads!

Been very quiet on here since the final whistle at last nights games........one result in particular causing a lot of messages thrown around last night! Firstly, I just want to personally thank Helston for their hospitality last night, a fantastic set up & you can see the club is going places, used to be some big clubs down West Cornwall but now Helston are the Premier club down that way by a long long way, great facilities &  a professional approach in everything they do. Bodmin made to work hard for our pleasing victory but it was a hard 'Knight'! Speaking of 'Knights', what happened to St.Austell, languishing third from bottom, how long until Big Phillip back in the dugout (again!?)

Leeds what I'm sure you were trying to say was well done newquay! ? Great result and we deserved it to in horrible conditions! From 1-14 we were fantastic and a special mantion to Zak 2 world class saves!! ? And the fact we were missing 6 players makes the result even more pleasing! The gaffer has got a good bunch of lads together who work hard for each other! I'd just like to say good to see my old team mate TC a great battle between us as always! Going to feel it today! Bring on the next game!! ?⚽️?

Well done Newquay no body expected that result but Newquay have been fantastic in every game this season so far just the 1 match they played poorly vs Sticker ,wish i had walked up and wached the match now but couldnt take Smokie out in that awful weather i thought the game would of been cancelled .Well done to Tony McKellar for turning the teamaround from the shambles of last seasonthey play with a smile on there faces and what a coup by getting Tornado and Nelson signed 2 great players

Good job Newquay werent playing Plymouth Argyle res tonight they got 10 1st team playing and winning 10-0 Fletcher with 5 and Lameirs with 3 Carey also playing Plymouth Parkway abandomed with them winniny 4-2 at Ivybridge  floodlit failure someone forgot to pay the leccy bill .12 =0 To PLYMOUTH Argyle RES now Battle with last 2 goals hope they put out a strong team against PLYMOUTH PARKWAY AND TAVISTOCK think it will only be between those 3 teams still Parkway to win the leagUE  but Plymouth Res 2nd what a hammering poor Stoke 

42 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Good job Newquay werent playing Plymouth Argyle res tonight they got 10 1st team playing and winning 10-0 Fletcher with 5 and Lameirs with 3 Carey also playing Plymouth Parkway abandomed with them winniny 4-2 at Ivybridge  floodlit failure someone forgot to pay the leccy bill .12 =0 To PLYMOUTH Argyle RES now Battle with last 2 goals hope they put out a strong team against PLYMOUTH PARKWAY AND TAVISTOCK think it will only be between those 3 teams still Parkway to win the leagUE  but Plymouth Res 2nd what a hammering poor Stoke 

I still think there should be a restriction as to how many first team players Plymouth Argyle can play.

13 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I agree Jacob its so unfair full professionals against just  ordinary footballers must be disheartening for the youngsters in the Stoke team tonight but personally iwould love to turn up at a ground and all these Argyle 1st team players turn out and not a  bunch of young kids

100%, I see what you mean about watching the first team players. You can sometimes get quite a few of them playing and you wouldn't have paid that much in entrance fee. You won't get that opportunity at many grounds as you'd have to pay a lot more to watch a first team game. I just think it's unfair on not just Stoke Gabriel, but a lot of other teams as well as it could and probably will effect the end of season table. There's lots of theories/situations where they can deliberately stop teams from winning the league or getting a team relegated. I know they had at least 4 first team players tonight. That's only going by the names I've seen posted on Twitter. I haven't seen the team sheet so there could well have been more. All stinks really.

19 minutes ago, sidelines1 said:

maybe alot of pros playing tonight but they still get results with the youngsters playing , it must be good for players to be playing against the likes of carey,, lamaries .. wild etc ??

Spot on, you learn from those better than yourself, not just footy but all in life. Certainly no different than all the best players in the league following the money to different clubs and kicking butt, best grow a pair raise your game Get on with it , happy days

So how many Pros' did poor old Stoke Gabriel have to face tonight? It does indeed make a mockery. Particularly with their inconsistent player selection policy depending on first team requirements and lack of promotional ambition. Maybe they should be allowed to play the games (good experience and entertainment all round) but just not have their idiosyncratic results recorded on the league table.

Fair enough argyle can play whatever team they like in the swpl. But I can't see what the 1st team players for argyle would have got out of tonight's game against Stoke Gabriel, a team which has just been promoted from div 1 east!

Hardly going to benefit argyle come Saturday in League one, beating a swpl team 12-0! 

Pointless fixture for both teams tonight 

Plymouths presence in this league benefits only plymouth I'm afraid.  Yes clubs might boost their gate when they Host them but surely there comes a point when you have to start focusing on the integraty of the competition  over how much extra money clubs are making on The gate ? 

For plymouth this is just a league to keep their players ticking over.  But for everyone else it's the ' be all and end all' 

players go to work all week and look forward to the game on the weekend. Look at tavistock and what it meant to then to win the league last season.  Do plymouths players carry that desire and pride to be in this league ? 

8 hours ago, sidelines1 said:

maybe alot of pros playing tonight but they still get results with the youngsters playing , it must be good for players to be playing against the likes of carey,, lamaries .. wild etc ??

Not really when your getting 12 goal's put past you :SM_carton:

1 hour ago, Muggy said:

Not really when your getting 12 goal's put past you :SM_carton:

absolutely ridiculous, i hope that goal difference doesnt effect Stoke Gabriel at the end of the season one way or another, as you can guarantee Argyle wont put out 10 first teamers against every team in the SWPL!

9 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Fair enough argyle can play whatever team they like in the swpl. But I can't see what the 1st team players for argyle would have got out of tonight's game against Stoke Gabriel, a team which has just been promoted from div 1 east!

Hardly going to benefit argyle come Saturday in League one, beating a swpl team 12-0! 

You could put that point to Derek Adams next Tuesday evening at St.Blazey FC . 7.30 pm. He's doing a 'meet the fans' session. 

Team should know by now, Argyle are in this league, purely for their own good and have no interest, at all, as to who it is they are playing. If teams seriously think that Argyle will target certain matches such as Parkway / Tavvy (or last season Bodmin or St Austell) and load them with pro's then they are dreaming. If it suits the First team manager to play pro's against lowly Stoke Gabriel then he will.

It appears that in the Stoke Gabriel game, Argyle Reserves fielded first team fringe players / subs Fletcher, Sokolik, Ainsworth, along with 'proper pro's' Carey (who is suspended from playing in League one for 3 matches so will be playing in the SWPL team for most of the month) and Lameiras  along with development player Battle (probably more) a very strong squad for a SWPL game, however Adams wants to look at options for his first team who are not doing too well.

Argyle have also shown a complete lack of respect for the SWPL by re-entering the the national Central League, which is a Reserve Team league, to give their fringe and development players better opposition, which will mean that the Argyle team playing in the SWPL will now be dictated by their First team fixtures, then Central League fixtures and finally SWPL fixtures.

It is good for players to test themselves against pro's and Argyle do bring in larger crowds (mainly in places where there are Argyle supporters like Parkway / Tavvy / St Austell)  - but, in my view, agreeing with Hetty, at what point does the League Committee look at the value to the integrity of the league.

Argyle had a very chequered history in the South Western League, dipping into it several times, I believe. Everyone knows why they do it, purely for their convenience. Add to that the furore over their ground choices and it is easy to see why people moan. Then we had Tiverton Reserves. The solution should be simple .. Put a motion to the SWPL AGM to bar all future non-First teams. I think the clubs have a right to suggest this. So, if you don't like it, take some action if you are a committee member or suggest to your club that they do so.

My friend who lives in Plymouth went and watched the match vs Stoke he said there was 10 players who have played in the ArgYLE  1st team ,I watched St Austell vs Plymouth Res and Newquay vs Plymouth Res and both times Plymouth had the youngsters playing but both times St Austell and Newquay where equal to this opposition just fitness showedin the end and both lost after playing well .I think Plymouth should not be allowed to fied more than 5 1st team players it is unfair on certain teams but i do like seeing the 1st team and any youngster playing against a class player like Graham Carey must love that and ALEX FLETCHER AND ALEX BATTLE are 2 young lads who will go far in there careers if they are given a chance in the 1st team

11 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Not pointless. Argyle stole three and hit Stoke Gabriel with a minus twelve goal difference. Could be hard on them if they finish the season on level points with teams who only had to play the apprentices.

5 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Not pointless. Argyle stole three and hit Stoke Gabriel with a minus twelve goal difference. Could be hard on them if they finish the season on level points with teams who only had to play the apprentices.

couldnt agree more here! Surely the easiest way is to either limit Argyle to the number of pro's then can field (maybe 3 max who have played less than a certain amount of games for the first team?) or say no pro's at all?

I cant really understand why pro's are even playing in a local league anyway:ninja:

100% - Alex Battle is not a pro, he was not offered a pro contract at the end of his scholarship (unlike Fletcher and Rose). He has been kept on as a third year scholar.  He is a real quality player but won't play regular first team games unless offered a pro contract. 

Effectively Argyle have made their SWPL team, their third team for some games and a first / reserves team for others. 

Whichever way you look at it 12-0 nil is a ridiculous score, arising from a ridiculous situation, and to many, seriously undermines the integrity of the league competition.

On the point about attendances for the visit of a Plymouth Argyle team to a SWPL team, probably there are additional numbers on the gate, but in fact last season only 6 SWPL recorded their best attendance with the visit of Argyle - mainly to clubs in the immediate Plymouth area.

I'd much rather see a well contested game than see my team thrashed - if I wanted to watch Argyle professionals I would pay to go to Home Park - but I don't particularly - give me a local game any time !

Every manager has, and must have, the absolute right to pick whoever he likes, providing they're registered and not ineligible. When have final league tables ever been a "true reflection" of the respective abilities of all the teams? Results have always been affected by teams having fielded, or faced, relatively stronger than normal, or indeed weaker than normal, teams.