Cornwall Football Forum

Craig Holman resigns at Dobwalls!

Dobwalls have announced that they are on the look out for a new manager. The following is from their facebook page:-

Dobwalls Football Club are now searching for a manager for their South West Peninsula League side after the departure of Craig Holman earlier today.

Chairman Matt Thornhill said " I reluctantly accepted Craig's resignation earlier, we have built a good working relationship and friendship, I really wish him all the best for the future"

The club would furthe like to extend their gratitude to Craig for helping to drive the club forward on and off the pitch.

Mark Jones, Holman's assistant, takes interim charge of the squad for Wednesday night's game at Holsworthy.

The search for a sucssessor now gets underway in earnest and the club invites any interested parties for the role to email club secretary Andy Yeatman at dobwallsfootball@gmail.com

Anyone who manages a football club these days with the excuses players give for leaving etc or not being available needs a medal.Remember if the player can't look you in the eye....then he's telling you a lie!!

Id love to hear from managers to share their experiences on what lies they've been told by players!!

In my humble opinion, anyone who gives up their time to run a sports team at any level just for the love of it deserves a medal.

Some players turn up play the game whether paid or not. Moan about everything but put nothing back into their chosen sport.

Mr Holman like many before him has thrown in the towel for whatever reason. Instead of running the guy down I applaud him for his commitment to what is a difficult job to do.