Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL FIXTURES SATURDAY 2nd September

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixtures Saturday 2nd September

SWAZ Teamwear League Cup First Round 

Bude Town 0 Padstow United 1

Lanreath 2 Tavistock 1

Mevagissey 5 St Blazey 0  (Played at St Blazey)

Millbrook 6 Roche 2

St Stephens Borough 4 Looe Town 3 (AET)

Torpoint Athletic 4 St Austell 0 

Premier Division 

Bere Alston United 2 Plymstock United 1

Pensilva 0 Polperro 8

Saltash United 1 Callington Town 1

Division One 

Elburton Villa 7 Newquay 2

Lakeside Athletic 8 St Teath 0

Bere Alston 2 1 Plymstock

We were good first half and deserved our two goal lead through paul simpson pen and ryan smale 

2nd half didnt come out and plymstock were the better side and will feel they should of got something from the game  but we held on from a lot of pressure late on plymstock are a really good side and will be right up there this year nice bunch of lads as well look forward to the return fixture   

I don't think I've ever commented on a team on here in our league but would just like to say thank-you to Roche today, started the game with 10 men and could have been level at half time! Also they all stayed for a drink after the game when they could have easily skulked off after a heavy-ish defeat. Cheers lads. 

What's going on at St Blazey at the moment? A lot of heavy defeats? Heard they have got a lot of young lads playing, maybe they are not ready to play in the east cornwall prem? It's a tough league. I hope they pick up again? When we played them last season they had a good footballing side, have all of them left? 

10 hours ago, Grule said:

What's going on at St Blazey at the moment? A lot of heavy defeats? Heard they have got a lot of young lads playing, maybe they are not ready to play in the east cornwall prem? It's a tough league. I hope they pick up again? When we played them last season they had a good footballing side, have all of them left? 

Alot of old heads there this year. Struggling for players. Alot that arent good enough for duchy let alone east cornwall prem. Rumor has it stephen wearne ( the weasel) is trying to sign anyone and everyone one in the area with not many wanting to go there. Such a shame maybe its too much work to build 2 teams at the same time when as a club they are struggling. 

3 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Alot of old heads there this year. Struggling for players. Alot that arent good enough for duchy let alone east cornwall prem. Rumor has it stephen wearne ( the weasel) is trying to sign anyone and everyone one in the area with not many wanting to go there. Such a shame maybe its too much work to build 2 teams at the same time when as a club they are struggling. 

Oh I heard they had a lot of youngsters playing? I don't know who he is myself. Saw that tim peers who played for them last season scored for sticker in the south western prem and got star man in the independent a few weeks ago? Where have the rest of the lads gone? Had some top players playing in there side last season and were only a few off having a team in the top 5 of the east cornwall prem. Shame to see such a big club struggling. Hope things get better