Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & FA Cup - Saturday Sept 2nd 2017

Please feel free to post your post-match results, scorers, comments and reports

FA CUP 1ST QUALIFYING ROUND
Horndean    0,  Bodmin Town    2
Tavistock    2,  Taunton Town    2 (replay Tuesday)

PREMIER DIVISION
Callington Town    1,  Helston Athletic    3
Camelford    2,  Exmouth Town    1
Cullompton Rangers    2,  Sticker    2
Falmouth Town v Witheridge OFF (Visitors unable to raise a side, game awarded to Falmouth)
Ivybridge Town       3,  Godolphin Atlantic    0
Newquay    0,  Launceston        1
Stoke Gabriel    0,  Saltash United    3

DIVISION ONE EAST
Brixham    4,  Axminster Town    0
Budleigh Salterton    2,  Galmpton & Roselands    3
Crediton United        0,  Bovey Tracey    1
Liverton United        4,  Alphington    2
Sidmouth Town        2,  Ilfracombe Town    2
St Martins    4,  Honiton Town    1
Teignmouth    3,  Appledore    1
University of Exeter    2,  Newton Abbot Spurs      3

DIVISION ONE WEST
Illogan RBL    1,  Millbrook    0
Liskeard Athletic    1,  Penzance    2
Ludgvan    4,  St Blazey    2
Plymouth Marjon    2,  Mousehole    0
Porthleven    4,  Plymstock United    0
St Dennis    2,  Holsworthy    1
Wendron United     4,  Dobwalls    2

7 hours ago, Westcountry boy said:

Dirty laundry in public!!  I suggest that both teams go through the proper process than on a public forum!!  Back to the footy,  got to say that both Bodmin and Tavistock are a credit to our league..   

I agree West Country boy but like a lot of the Liskeard fans there they didn't see the incident, so it's only trying to put the other side (the truth) out there. The Liskeard fans were a good bunch.  

My only other moan is the offside decisions the Lino kept getting blatantly wrong and playing the im over 70 card don't wash. Basically pall your to old to be a Lino sit back and watch the football. As someone close to that age myself it's not s ageist dig. 

Why write such blatant lies Magpie, you won the game fair and square, ur secretary looked like he had been drinking all day and he didn't just go to shake hands, he screamed a victory chant in the managers face before offering a handshake.  As for pulling him down 3 feet,, I think you must have been at a different end of match fracas.  This sort of bollox that you post is the reason I don't come on this forum much any more but I was there and witnessed the events and  with all due respect a couple of ur lads and a couple of ours were trying to diffuse the situation! 

Dont post crap, win with dignity and have a great season.MQ x

1 minute ago, Martin McHugh said:

Why write such blatant lies Magpie, you won the game fair and square, ur secretary looked like he had been drinking all day and he didn't just go to shake hands, he screamed a victory chant in the managers face before offering a handshake.  As for pulling him down 3 feet,, I think you must have been at a different end of match fracas.  This sort of bollox that you post is the reason I don't come on this forum much any more but I was there and witnessed the events and  with all due respect a couple of ur lads and a couple of ours were trying to diffuse the situation! 

Dont post crap, win with dignity and have a great season.MQ x

I'm afraid that's what you get at that level MQ, dodgy linesmen, dodgy decisions. Hope to see you back where you belong in May, back in the Premier Division :thumbsup:

It's going to be an interesting season Leeds, hoping to enjoy a few matches in all leagues this year. Cheers cheers

MQX

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

:wacko: Best we probably leave this particular subject and move on as obviously different versions of the same story! :yahoo:

Good plan Dave, my vets match has just been called off so hockey today!!!

MQx

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Lucky he was there that night, or else they game would of been abandoned, fortunately Falmouth dugout Okayed the decision :yahoo:

Leeds - as you well know 'liar liar pants on fire!'

Great result by Bodmin though, they are not everyone's favourite team/club, but I have no doubt every Cornish football fan wishes them well in the Cup and continued success

39 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

............however, their manager surely has to be the best in the SWPL to date!

Depends how you define a good manager, just by a run of results, in which case there are many well above him in recent years, or in foul mouthed abuse both personally and in lack of control of his his verbally incontinent players, in which case, yes he is unique!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

............however, their manager surely has to be the best in the SWPL to date!

Dave - anyone who goes into the Bodmin clubhouse will see more recent silverware than anywhere else and as I said all football fans in Cornwall should be behind them - in 'external' cup games. 

That said, I have never noticed a particular managerial style - I have seen 11 good players who win lots, but is that the manager or bank balance. I know that seems unfair, but would he, Stuart Henderson or Lee Hobbs (and all the 'top' managers from the past) win so much with £150 a game team budget?? So is he the best manager or manager with consistently the availability to the best player (by budget) ??

20 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Dave - anyone who goes into the Bodmin clubhouse will see more recent silverware than anywhere else and as I said all football fans in Cornwall should be behind them - in 'external' cup games. 

That said, I have never noticed a particular managerial style - I have seen 11 good players who win lots, but is that the manager or bank balance. I know that seems unfair, but would he, Stuart Henderson or Lee Hobbs (and all the 'top' managers from the past) win so much with £150 a game team budget?? So is he the best manager or manager with consistently the availability to the best player (by budget) ??

Well St.Auste££ chased Gilby at the start of the season, & believe me they got cash to burn, so Gilby staying at Bodmin to consolidate after losing 7 players in pre-season surely has to be to a plus for Bodmin..

30 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Well St.Auste££ chased Gilby at the start of the season, & believe me they got cash to burn, so Gilby staying at Bodmin to consolidate after losing 7 players in pre-season surely has to be to a plus for Bodmin..

You are alive Leeds?! Bodmin have a bigger budget than St Austell. 

28 minutes ago, Nanks said:

You are alive Leeds?! Bodmin have a bigger budget than St Austell. 

Daniel....good evening, your alive too old frien!! Thought you might of got a game somewhere by now Champ!! I can assure you St.Austell have more money than Bodmin....why else would would they tried to of pinched Gilby to of took your job :yahoo: