Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 2nd September '17

1 hour ago, Maler10 said:

Buy new boots? All players paid towards all the new kit they had this season! All these people hating on perranporth need to get a grip! the management have put a lot of time and effort into getting all the first team and reserve team new tracksuits, training gear etc and all they get in response is some very sad and jealous people making up rumours that they are paying players! I remember the days st day was paying a large amount to players which I should imagine cost a lot more then a pair of boots that players actually paid towards. Wouldn't be surprised if they was still paying now ??

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

3 hours ago, Harry Pope said:

Seem to remember a quote from you big D saying Carharrack will not be a combo side by 18/19. Still backing that or.....

hi harry. can't remember what year I said but I firmly believe that once you finish as manager there then the club will struggle to gst players. There are a number of other sides I believe that will happen to as well. Happy to give you my predictions over a PM. 

I know you have aspirations to manage at a higher level!

5 minutes ago, St Darren said:

hi harry. can't remember what year I said but I firmly believe that once you finish as manager there then the club will struggle to gst players. There are a number of other sides I believe that will happen to as well. Happy to give you my predictions over a PM. 

I know you have aspirations to manage at a higher level!

That's why carharrack will apply for peninsula this season.:thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, Roy D said:

I'll introduce myself next time I'm at vogue park. 

Ok, will you let me know in advance so I can tell adie you think he cheats?:D

Time for a post in praise of linos. The West Cornwall sub who ran the line at the Well yesterday gave a goal against his team when there was a question if the ball had crossed the line. No hesitation, gave the goal as soon as the Ref asked and great credit to him for it. We need to remember that this is an amateur league, what is the point in anyone cheating, but we all know it happens. The game can't happen without the volunteer linos and if we carry on giving them the sort of abuse that regularly appears on here, no one is going to want to do it...............and then?

Maybe the touch line experts should give it a go with the flag?

Perhaps we should get back to the football ,  positives this season lots of goals  , some new faces around , quite a few young players on show , the two promoted teams doing well ,  early days but  tight at the top  and not a lots between bottom and middle points wise ,  good to see clubs having ambition to progress , seeing Ludgvan doing well in the SwPl , Carharack have the team to compete at that level , probably at present changing rooms for officials could need enlarging but wouldn't take much , St.Ives doing well after losing five from their team that won two trophies last year ,Falmouth starting  well this season  and my home town club Hayle with the upgrade to the club house ,3g pitch floodlights changing facilities probably putting on a par with the best facilities in Cornwall . Not all bad really for the new season and meeting old faces at clubs usually the stalwarts of local clubs . Perhaps we should be proud of what we have got a well run league with characters at most clubs and some good footballer's across all teams , enjoy the game while we can , and embrace the beautiful game .  

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Perhaps we should get back to the football ,  positives this season lots of goals  , some new faces around , quite a few young players on show , the two promoted teams doing well ,  early days but  tight at the top  and not a lots between bottom and middle points wise ,  good to see clubs having ambition to progress , seeing Ludgvan doing well in the SwPl , Carharack have the team to compete at that level , probably at present changing rooms for officials could need enlarging but wouldn't take much , St.Ives doing well after losing five from their team that won two trophies last year ,Falmouth starting  well this season  and my home town club Hayle with the upgrade to the club house ,3g pitch floodlights changing facilities probably putting on a par with the best facilities in Cornwall . Not all bad really for the new season and meeting old faces at clubs usually the stalwarts of local clubs . Perhaps we should be proud of what we have got a well run league with characters at most clubs and some good footballer's across all teams , enjoy the game while we can , and embrace the beautiful game .  

Well said steve!! 

I've been asked to post this on behalf of Perranporth's manager Justin Miles:-

I just wanted to say that I know Adrian the St Day linesman and he doesn't cheat and if he made a mistake in the game it wasn't done on purpose. St Day are a great club and none of the Perranporth team blame the St Day linesman for drawing the game as it was probably a fair result.

Good luck to St Day for the rest of the season.

Cheers Justin Miles

Tea and cupcakes ARE about football: the enjoyment of an afternoon's spectating is enhanced by the availability of something to eat and/or drink during the game! Agree with all the comments about the season so far. I was only saying after the game at Carharrack that the league looks especially interesting so far this season. My light-hearted comments about tea serve to give the unsung heroes of the tea-hut staff at the grounds I visit a deserved boost for few recognise their vallue to their club. It helps if the football is good, of course!

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I've been asked to post this on behalf of Perranporth's manager Justin Miles:-

I just wanted to say that I know Adrian the St Day linesman and he doesn't cheat and if he made a mistake in the game it wasn't done on purpose. St Day are a great club and none of the Perranporth team blame the St Day linesman for drawing the game as it was probably a fair result.

Good luck to St Day for the rest of the season.

Cheers Justin Miles

Thank you Justin.

13 hours ago, Sponge said:

It would be a lot of work.

Not if me and my team of Romanians did the work Sponge.

On the topic of 'cheating linesmen'.. Back when I played for probus first team during their successful period I often had to run the line, cheating wasn't in me I was always fair and I would still get abuse every game but that didn't stop me picking up that flag time and time again for my club and getting on with the job at hand! I would have 10 pints and a pasty after every game and all would be forgotten. 

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Looking at the state of some of the Assistant Referees about at the moment I think they're more likely to have gone for 10 pasties and a pint!

Poor bloody club assistants, when I used to do it it was at least 15 pints a game. 5 before and 10 afterwards. Lol. Cheapskates these days!!!