Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 2nd September '17

Results
Saturday 2nd September '17
Carharrack (Adam Stephens 2, Ryan Stephens) 3-2 Porthleven Reserves (Oscar Fergus-Gay, Sean Haskill-Mills ) 
Att- 35
Mullion (Jack Price, Ben Fletcher, Archie Rutterford) 3-1 Holman SC (Reece Monteith) 
Att- 55
Pendeen Rovers (Alex Ralph, Henry Cozens) 2-1 Helston Athletic Reserves (???)
Att- 30
Perranporth (Ross Sommerville, Luke Wort) 2-2 St Day (Daine Peacock, Jacob Cleverly)
Att- 87
Perranwell (Rob Pell, David Standing, Phil Rees) 3-0 West Cornwall 
Att- 40
Redruth United (Kiall Maugham 2, Ben Kellow, Cameron Searle) 4-3 Illogan RBL Reserves (Chris Tolley 2, Luke Abbott-Smith)
Att- 30
St Agnes (Mark Bell, Jakob Springall, Bayley Milling) 3-1 Hayle (Cameron Irish)
Att- 65
St Ives Town (Sam Spurrier, Scott Goodchild, Sam Twyford) 3-1 Goonhavern Athletic (Lewis Dodd) 
Att- 20
St Just (Toby Angwin, Andrew Curnow) 2-7 Falmouth Town Reserves (Rob Wearne 4, Andrew Westgarth 3) 
Att- 30

Table at 5.15pm on 2/9/17

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 CARHARRACK 7 6 1 0 39 12 27 19
2 PERRANPORTH 7 6 1 0 30 9 21 19
3 FALMOUTH 5 5 0 0 23 5 18 15
4 PERRANWELL 6 5 0 1 20 7 13 15
5 PENDEEN 7 5 0 2 22 14 8 15
6 ST DAY 7 4 2 1 19 8 11 14
7 ST IVES 7 4 0 3 11 8 3 12
8 ILLOGAN 7 3 0 4 11 13 -2 9
9 GOONHAVERN 7 3 0 4 9 16 -7 9
10 HELSTON 6 2 2 2 17 14 3 8
11 MULLION 7 2 1 4 19 19 0 7
12 WEST CORNWALL 6 2 1 3 9 18 -9 7
13 PORTHLEVEN 6 2 0 4 12 19 -7 6
14 ST AGNES 7 2 0 5 15 23 -8 6
15 PENRYN 6 1 2 3 11 18 -7 5
16 HAYLE 6 1 1 4 12 17 -5 4
17 ST JUST 6 1 1 4 11 24 -13 4
18 REDRUTH 6 1 0 5 7 25 -18 3
19 CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
20 HOLMANS 6 0 0 6 6 34 -28 0

He even admitted that he flagged luke wort offside when another player put it in the goal and luke was not near it ??? like I said decent game both teams will finish up there but was a very poor performance from the linesman! Even one of the rugby guys behind said blimey it's not just the players that cheat in football!! 

Redruth Utd 4 (0) Illogan RBI res. 3 (1) the only difference between the two sides in the first half was an abbo wonder strike from outside the box. Don't know what was said at half time but Redruth came out with the same formation but a totally different team actually believing in themselves and belieing their position in the league and  really took the game to illogan with goals from Kyle x2 Ben Kellow and Cameron. Credit to illogan kept going till the end but just came short at the end despite a Chris trolley strike straight from the restart in the last kick of the game. Thanks to Chris Tolley for coming back after the game

What game you watching. There wasn't goals ruled out for offside?

11 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Redruth Utd 4 (0) Illogan RBI res. 3 (1) the only difference between the two sides in the first half was an abbo wonder strike from outside the box. Don't know what was said at half time but Redruth came out with the same formation but a totally different team actually believing in themselves and belieing their position in the league and  really took the game to illogan with goals from Kyle x2 Ben Kellow and Cameron. Credit to illogan kept going till the end but just came short at the end despite a Chris trolley strike straight from the restart in the last kick of the game. Thanks to Chris Tolley for coming back after the game

Was he the only one?

Edited by willy7
Spelling

Holmans scorer was Reece Monteith, lobbed the onrushing keeper after a nice move starting with our GK Ryan Barnes.  Lots of really good moments from us today. We were without our main (only?) striker in Jack Mankee which was a big loss. But even with a bare 11 we gave everything we had and I feel like we were unlucky not to come away with at least a point. Definitely not all doom and gloom even if results aren't going our way at the moment and with a young side we can only improve. 

@willy7 just give up the whole linesman thing at this point it's getting so boring 

29 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

He even admitted that he flagged luke wort offside when another player put it in the goal and luke was not near it ??? like I said decent game both teams will finish up there but was a very poor performance from the linesman! Even one of the rugby guys behind said blimey it's not just the players that cheat in football!! 

Poor performance because he (might)have got 1 decision wrong, and it wasn't even a clear cut chance? Another decision that was wrong was that you keeper was still on the pitch, would you like to talk about that one!:P

3 minutes ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

Holmans scorer was Reece Monteith, lobbed the onrushing keeper after a nice move starting with our GK Ryan Barnes.  Lots of really good moments from us today. We were without our main (only?) striker in Jack Mankee which was a big loss. But even with a bare 11 we gave everything we had and I feel like we were unlucky not to come away with at least a point. Definitely not all doom and gloom even if results aren't going our way at the moment and with a young side we can only improve. 

@willy7 just give up the whole linesman thing at this point it's getting so boring 

I didn't mention the lino? Maler has the issue.

48 minutes ago, willy7 said:

It was Adrian, he flagged 4 times all game. The most in a long time, reason for this was because perranporth were offside 4 time. :thumbsup:

Talking about your complete lack of perspective, every week you reinforce the idea that your linesman is perfect whilst at the same time questioning refereeing decisions/other linos. 

A tale of two halves with At.Agnes having the better of the first and going three up before Cameron Irish pulled one back ,all the goal s were well taken ,  credit to Patch he changed players at half time and they played much better and with a bit more luck and some good saves could have got something from the game ,  a good game of football and thought the ref did well to keep the cards to a minimum  , playing advantage where he could , he did not deserve to be berated after the final whistle and he kept his cool , I know in  the heat of the  match temperatures rise but players , fans  need to realise that it is what you do on the pitch affects the result at the end of the day not a descion that may go against you  .A much better performance in the second half from Hayle if they can play like this results will turn around sooner rather than later , enjoyable afternoon's sport , good crowd as well  .

Sorry forgot to say a minutes silence was impeccably observed by both clubs before todays game .

Perranwell 3-0 West Cornwall

Couldn't string 5 passes together today. Looked lovely in spells, but broke down too often. Perrans first goal was good to watch, some nice 1 touch football finished off by their forward. We had plenty of ball but just couldn't penetrate their back line, either too ponderous or not finding someone on our side! Gave it away far too much. All well and good knocking it around, but we need to be more clinical, especially in the final third. As I've said all along, this year will be a learning curve, and as long as we learn from any mistakes today we'll only grow stronger. All the best to Perran for the rest of the season.

Let's not compare linesmen, shall we. If Adie incorrectly flagged a perran player offside, then it was a genuine mistake, nothing more than that & anybody that knows him, would agree, as more often than not, he gives the benefit of the doubt, to opposing forwards. Although, I was close to inline with Adie for one decision & he got that one correct. You cannot compare that to a previous linesman, who did anything & everything to ensure victory for his team! 

Other stuff happened in the game, that could & should have left Perran with 10 players on the pitch, and the ref even told us at half time, he made a genuine mistake, not issuing a couple of cards.

Either way, it was a decent game of football ? 

49 minutes ago, Rob Hosking said:

Let's not compare linesmen, shall we. If Adie incorrectly flagged a perran player offside, then it was a genuine mistake, nothing more than that & anybody that knows him, would agree, as more often than not, he gives the benefit of the doubt, to opposing forwards. Although, I was close to inline with Adie for one decision & he got that one correct. You cannot compare that to a previous linesman, who did anything & everything to ensure victory for his team! 

Other stuff happened in the game, that could & should have left Perran with 10 players on the pitch, and the ref even told us at half time, he made a genuine mistake, not issuing a couple of cards.

Either way, it was a decent game of football ? 

As if people are still making reference to one decision by Carharrack's linesman Jesus please move on ??

16 minutes ago, Rob Hosking said:

I didn't mention your linesman, but FYI, it was more than one decision, in more than one game, at least he's consistent ? 

'You cannot compare that to a previous linesman' where Carharrack comparison had already been made above...didn't need to literally mention his name for it to be obvious. But seriously, when are we talking here? Boxing Day last season? Long time ago chaps, id understand a bit more if you had a genuine chance of getting near your local rivals! Maybe this year 

12 minutes ago, COYG said:

'You cannot compare that to a previous linesman' where Carharrack comparison had already been made above...didn't need to literally mention his name for it to be obvious. But seriously, when are we talking here? Boxing Day last season? Long time ago chaps, id understand a bit more if you had a genuine chance of getting near your local rivals! Maybe this year 

I'd remember this comment for a couple of years time Willy!!

23 minutes ago, Rob Hosking said:

Just for you, COYG. You & your linesman Open your ? ? ? 

What point are you making there? I never said you literally mentioned it, but you made reference to that comparison? Therefore effectively mentioning it ?

20 minutes ago, St Darren said:

I'd remember this comment for a couple of years time Willy!!

Ah yeah when all the Carharrack boys leave ?? just like they've been doing the past 3 years 

Never played Carharrack, nor did I see the Saints Vs Carharrack game from last season. One thing I do know though is that the St Day link is a blatant cheat, always has been. I remember a decision a few years back at the well where he flagged a player off who was literally about 10 yards on. Sad really. Feel for Perranporth, but as long as he's happy feeling like he's contributing I suppose that's all that matters to him... ?

22 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Never played Carharrack, nor did I see the Saints Vs Carharrack game from last season. One thing I do know though is that the St Day link is a blatant cheat, always has been. I remember a decision a few years back at the well where he flagged a player off who was literally about 10 yards on. Sad really. Feel for Perranporth, but as long as he's happy feeling like he's contributing I suppose that's all that matters to him... ?

You must be talking about a different assistant or utter crap! Adrian is easily one of the best and fairest in the county! 

For years and years it's always been the case that some club linesmen are a little keener than others. However,  I feel to call them outright cheats is a little harsh. You've just got to accept it and ensure it either doesn't get you all heated up, or as a player you're intelligent enough to ensure you don't give the lino any chance to lift that flag a touch earlier than he should.

Next thing is that we'll all be complaining about that there are no linesmen! Give them a break guys! 

10 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

You must be talking about a different assistant or utter crap! Adrian is easily one of the best and fairest in the county! 

Easily one of the BEST & FAIREST? Pull the other 1 hairy fella, if he was either of those then there wouldn't be comments from every team they play saying otherwise. He cheats, its as simple as that. There are a few teams who are known for having dodgy linos & unfortunately St Day are 1 of those. 

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

For years and years it's always been the case that some club linesmen are a little keener than others. However,  I feel to call them outright cheats is a little harsh. You've just got to accept it and ensure it either doesn't get you all heated up, or as a player you're intelligent enough to ensure you don't give the lino any chance to lift that flag a touch earlier than he should.

Next thing is that we'll all be complaining about that there are no linesmen! Give them a break guys! 

Fair play Dave. Was just voicing my opinion from my own experience. It's a democracy after all. 

6 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Easily one of the BEST & FAIREST? Pull the other 1 hairy fella, if he was either of those then there wouldn't be comments from every team they play saying otherwise. He cheats, its as simple as that. There are a few teams who are known for having dodgy linos & unfortunately St Day are 1 of those. 

That's Bollocks and u know he is the  fairest lino on in the combo !! Try ??on another trip u mug 

5 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Fair play Dave. Was just voicing my opinion from my own experience. It's a democracy after all. 

I'm not sure whether we are talking about the same guy here. Adrian has been known to be more than fair, and personally up until yesterday have never seen him questioned as an assistant.

11 minutes ago, Roy D said:

It's a democracy after all

No one said it isn't!  :)

This thread started off with the results to encourage comments and posts about the matches. However 75% of the subsequent ones are about linos.

Was there no football played in the Combo yesterday? People aren't bothering to post about their games any more because the thread gets hijacked by people complaining and slagging others off. This isn't why the forum is here.

24 minutes ago, Big Clints said:

That's Bollocks and u know he is the  fairest lino on in the combo !! Try ??on another trip u mug 

Funny that because it was only what 2 weeks ago that Falmouth accused him of cheating & apparently he was subject to a fair amount of abuse (which I don't condone) from the Falmouth manager. Then you have myself, who as I said experienced this first hand at the well. Carharrack who haven't had many positive things to say about his decisions & Perranporth yesterday calling him an outright cheat... So just off the top of my head that's almost 1/4 of the other side's in combo questioning his integrity. & That's without asking what the others think. 

But yeah you hide behind your alias & call me a "mug" for voicing my opinion just as many others have. 

12 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Funny that because it was only what 2 weeks ago that Falmouth accused him of cheating & apparently he was subject to a fair amount of abuse (which I don't condone) from the Falmouth manager. Then you have myself, who as I said experienced this first hand at the well. Carharrack who haven't had many positive things to say about his decisions & Perranporth yesterday calling him an outright cheat... So just off the top of my head that's almost 1/4 of the other side's in combo questioning his integrity. & That's without asking what the others think. 

But yeah you hide behind your alias & call me a "mug" for voicing my opinion just as many others have. 

I Don't hide behind any alias at all if u are a well supporter u will know I played combo for many seasons there and helped run it a couple of seasons ago any more in do you would like ? Or can u work it out ? 

5 minutes ago, Big Clints said:

I Don't hide behind any alias at all if u are a well supporter u will know I played combo for many seasons there and helped run it a couple of seasons ago any more in do you would like ? Or can u work it out ? 

Ah Craig Clinton, had a Stormer in a cup final loss to Troon a few years back... 

To be fair I have no clue what "seasons ago any more in do you would like" means, so no I can't work it out... But anyway my point is that a good portion of the league thinks the St Day lino cheats, yet anytime St Day have a bad result its always the opposing linos fault. Just highlighting the double standards 

Being a spectator yesterday on the clubhouse side I can say that both linesman got most of the decisions correct, the Perranporth linesman in the first half and St day linesman in the 2nd half, that were close to where I was. Certainly didn't see any cheating going on, both maybe were not up with play on one time but the players were pretty fast, well most of them. 

It seems other teams are trying to discredit the St day linesman which is a joke and I think he's win awards for his fairness in the past. 

Perranporth including Roy d who is on the coaching staff are just unhappy at dropping points and are not able to but new boots or give petrol money to opposing linesmen to buy the league like they are with players. In fact perranporth can thank themselves lucky to have finished with 11 men and a point.  

But the game itself was value for money.  Perranporth physical and over the top at times and they do love to play route one. The St day 2nd goal was a beauty, I must say 

11 minutes ago, winston said:

Being a spectator yesterday on the clubhouse side I can say that both linesman got most of the decisions correct, the Perranporth linesman in the first half and St day linesman in the 2nd half, that were close to where I was. Certainly didn't see any cheating going on, both maybe were not up with play on one time but the players were pretty fast, well most of them. 

It seems other teams are trying to discredit the St day linesman which is a joke and I think he's win awards for his fairness in the past. 

Perranporth including Roy d who is on the coaching staff are just unhappy at dropping points and are not able to but new boots or give petrol money to opposing linesmen to buy the league like they are with players. In fact perranporth can thank themselves lucky to have finished with 11 men and a point.  

But the game itself was value for money.  Perranporth physical and over the top at times and they do love to play route one. The St day 2nd goal was a beauty, I must say 

Hahahahahaha I'm not Lee Denton bud, can see why you'd think that though. 

1 hour ago, winston said:

Buy new boots? All players paid towards all the new kit they had this season! All these people hating on perranporth need to get a grip! the management have put a lot of time and effort into getting all the first team and reserve team new tracksuits, training gear etc and all they get in response is some very sad and jealous people making up rumours that they are paying players! I remember the days st day was paying a large amount to players which I should imagine cost a lot more then a pair of boots that players actually paid towards. Wouldn't be surprised if they was still paying now ??

55 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Hahahahahaha I'm not Lee Denton bud, can see why you'd think that though. 

Roy you have only just joined so probably just coming on to get a reaction. I would like to hear how many clubs got a issue with st.day lino, you named 4. This person has picked up awards for his consistency and been marked by all the clubs through the season's.

59 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

Seem to remember a quote from you big D saying Carharrack will not be a combo side by 18/19. Still backing that or.....

I will because you are going for peninsula!:)

1 minute ago, Harry Pope said:

Don't be a willy willy 

Lol. You are going for peninsula aren't you? Was told by one of your top men at carharrack

6 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

Buy new boots? All players paid towards all the new kit they had this season! All these people hating on perranporth need to get a grip! the management have put a lot of time and effort into getting all the first team and reserve team new tracksuits, training gear etc and all they get in response is some very sad and jealous people making up rumours that they are paying players! I remember the days st day was paying a large amount to players which I should imagine cost a lot more then a pair of boots that players actually paid towards. Wouldn't be surprised if they was still paying now ??

St.day players are paying now. £5 a week! ;-)

6 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Roy you have only just joined so probably just coming on to get a reaction. I would like to hear how many clubs got a issue with st.day lino, you named 4. This person has picked up awards for his consistency and been marked by all the clubs through the season's.

Lol. You are going for peninsula aren't you? Was told by one of your top men at carharrack

Is that to pay the lino ????

To be fair Willy, I used to come on here back in the day when I was cornishsoccer.info but havent been on here in years. I joined a week or so ago & commented on the managerial situation at pz after Bryn left. Just a coincidence that it's kicked off today on this subject. Now I've worked out how to post from my phone I'll be a regular contributor. 

10 minutes ago, willy7 said:

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

To be fair Willy, I used to come on here back in the day when I was cornishsoccer.info but havent been on here in years. I joined a week or so ago & commented on the managerial situation at pz after Bryn left. Just a coincidence that it's kicked off today on this subject. Now I've worked out how to post from my phone I'll be a regular contributor. 

Well if you are can you do an evening class in basic maths!

3 minutes ago, THE WELL 66 said:

As far as I know Shaun he isn't a well supporter.

Dicky.

1.I didn't claim to be a fan, I was a player at the time. 

2. You don't even know who I am so how the hell would you know if I was a fan or not? 

Cheers for your input though Dicky