Cornwall Football Forum

New manager for the Magpies!

With the quote, a replacement will be named tomorrow, What's the betting like, that Mr Quinn takes up the role! After quitting porthleven before he even started.... Guessing he new something back then that we didn't. Could be wrong but sounds fishy to me.

When i left PZ towards the end of last season i said i would be very surprised if Bryn lasted till christmas. I'm not one to slag people off but the guy has no b******s, he told me i wasnt needed by the club via text message, the guy couldnt even give me a phone call. Since then i lost all respect for the bloke! Penzance is a brilliant club and deserves better than Bryn Wheeler, i wish Penzance all the best for the rest of the season.:thumbsup:

Macca 20...What you are suggesting is utter rubbish ! The truth is you were asked on several occasions to lose weight and stop smoking if your aim was to be selected for the 1st team. Recognising the potential I felt you had we spoke at training and gave you several weeks to improve your fitness and you agreed to do the best you could. Unfortunately we saw no effort or improvement in your fitness levels. By not carrying out your promises it was you who decided, by your lack of self control and self discipline, not to make the 1st team subsequently being selected to play for the reserves. Where are you now ? 

Edited by fireman
Spelling error

Ron, you and i both know it isnt utter rubbish. Me and you had the conversation while bryn didnt say a word. If i remember rightly we both agreed for me to play for the reserves so i could get 90 minutes. There was no phone call or anything said to my face and i still have the messages on my phone bryn sent me saying he feels its best i leave the club if i wanted regular football. I recall being dropped after playing the previous game and scoring for new players who didnt even go to training and were on X amount of money and goal bonuses which at this level is pathetic. I do have respect for you Ron which is why im not going to get into a personal rant over a football forum and i was just stating Penzance are better off without someone like Bryn in charge, its my opinion and im entitled to it. There's facts that you dont even know so you cant use the fitness card here. The beauty of cornish football :yahoo:

7 hours ago, fireman said:

Macca 20...What you are suggesting is utter rubbish ! The truth is you were asked on several occasions to lose weight and stop smoking if your aim was to be selected for the 1st team. Recognising the potential I felt you had we spoke at training and gave you several weeks to improve your fitness and you agreed to do the best you could. Unfortunately we saw no effort or improvement in your fitness levels. By not carrying out your promises it was you who decided, by your lack of self control and self discipline, not to make the 1st team subsequently being selected to play for the reserves. Where are you now ? 

It's cornish football,I bet the majority of players in the swpl smoke n drink n like a KFC every now n then lol

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 22:17, burt said:

With the quote, a replacement will be named tomorrow, What's the betting like, that Mr Quinn takes up the role! After quitting porthleven before he even started.... Guessing he new something back then that we didn't. Could be wrong but sounds fishy to me.

As I predicted just the other day, very fishy indeed! ??????????

8 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Can't respond to what Macca said, I don't know the man - however one thing he said was true - Penzance are a great club. They have a nice ground with a great old style grand stand. Many clubs would give their eye teeth for their facility. Whoever gets the coaches job I wish them well, and hope that Penzance start to climb the table very soon. Best wishes to the club and all involved with them.

Wayne Quinn has been appointed manager

1 hour ago, bigbadbarry said:

Did bryn jump ship or was he made to walk the plank

The former - 100%. Bryn did a great job during his time at Penzance and the Club have expressed their true gratitude to him. His reasons for calling it a day were purely personal and there were no problems between him and the Club. Wayne is a great capture as a manager and all at Penzance will be cheered by the fact he has accepted the position. It was perhaps an obvious choice to approach him but these things can never be taken for granted. I look forward to the rest of the season with renewed optimism!

:ph34r:  As if we didnt see this coming , BORING !!!!   Quinny and Cheesey to take more money of a club AGAIN untill it goes TITS again Dont PENZANCE ever learn as a club ........ it will run Lovely for a while then it will end in Tears as it always does , they are already phoning Local players   promising them the earth and the Lur of the Wedge Hopefully the players at Mousehole and Ludgvan to name a few teams have more sense to join these Mercenaries ( AT LEAST ROBON HOOD WORE A MASK ) . :o

THIS IS LIKE HURRICANE IRMA COMING - YOUR WAITING FOR THE DISASTER TO HAPPEN THEN CLEARING UP THE AFTERMATH AGAIN. :ninja::yahoo:

GOOD LUCK PENZANCE - YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT:yahoo::smiley20:

1 hour ago, Can't play without refs said:

:ph34r:  As if we didnt see this coming , BORING !!!!   Quinny and Cheesey to take more money of a club AGAIN untill it goes TITS again Dont PENZANCE ever learn as a club ........ it will run Lovely for a while then it will end in Tears as it always does , they are already phoning Local players   promising them the earth and the Lur of the Wedge Hopefully the players at Mousehole and Ludgvan to name a few teams have more sense to join these Mercenaries ( AT LEAST ROBON HOOD WORE A MASK ) . :o

THIS IS LIKE HURRICANE IRMA COMING - YOUR WAITING FOR THE DISASTER TO HAPPEN THEN CLEARING UP THE AFTERMATH AGAIN. :ninja::yahoo:

GOOD LUCK PENZANCE - YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT:yahoo::smiley20:

Do I sense a hint of bitterness here? No millionaires nor big "wedges" currently available but I'm still doing the lottery!

58 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Do I sense a hint of bitterness here? No millionaires nor big "wedges" currently available but I'm still doing the lottery!

No Bitterness here mate , you know its fact , as you have been there for years and you have seen good and bad times and i applaud you for that :thumbsup:  the big WEDGES were all spent years ago when Mr Mewton and co were there lol . And we all knew that was not going to last , but Wedges are still being offered to prise players away to join the Mercenary ship , "wake up and smell the roses mate " good luck with the Lottery thou lol

17 minutes ago, Can't play without refs said:

No Bitterness here mate , you know its fact , as you have been there for years and you have seen good and bad times and i applaud you for that :thumbsup:  the big WEDGES were all spent years ago when Mr Mewton and co were there lol . And we all knew that was not going to last , but Wedges are still being offered to prise players away to join the Mercenary ship , "wake up and smell the roses mate " good luck with the Lottery thou lol

Really you must have a big insight to what is happening at the club or are you on the commitee of which i doubt!!!!You and the rest do not have a clue what you are on about but just there to stir the crap.

11 minutes ago, bigbadbarry said:

Wayne wasn't 1st choice but I know who was and that wouldn't go down well if they knew who the person was ??

Well please do tell us who was then because obviously you are a person who knows alot of things and gossip!!!!

Get ready PZ the ship will go down , and can guarantee Quinny  won`t be there with a bucket to help them bail out ,  Total liar , Hope things go his way for PZ sake if not he`ll throw his toys and walk and blame the committee and everyone but him self as what has happened at all his previous clubs . NO FUTURE !!!!!But at least Fraser will keep his place for a bit longer .:thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, bigbadbarry said:

Wayne wasn't 1st choice but I know who was and that wouldn't go down well if they knew who the person was ??

3 hours ago, Can't play without refs said:

Well, if you want to believe what you've heard that's fine with me: you're both obviously close to someone who knows more than I do! I try not to have an opinion on any topic on the forum, prefering instead to post factual comments in order to avoid lengthy debates with those of differing views. However, always open to admit I'm wrong if proof is provided!

I am not a fan of groups of players / managers moving between clubs at a whim, it always seems to be the same individuals and everybody thought at the time of the exodus from Mousehole to Penzance that this would happen.

HOWEVER Quinny was and is an outstanding player and has proven he pull in players and wins stuff. 

Will it mean other clubs possibly loosing players for extra cash or other reasons - probably. Will it last - who knows, but it is a matter for Penzance and good luck to them. I'm sure it will generate lots of future chat on here. 

8 hours ago, Swiss said:

Get ready PZ the ship will go down , and can guarantee Quinny  won`t be there with a bucket to help them bail out ,  Total liar , Hope things go his way for PZ sake if not he`ll throw his toys and walk and blame the committee and everyone but him self as what has happened at all his previous clubs . NO FUTURE !!!!!But at least Fraser will keep his place for a bit longer .:thumbsup: 

Tony Ellis, you really are bitter and twisted person. The only comments you have made on this forum is about slating Quinny and cheesy. No one is actually interested in your opinion cause it means jack shit. Wasn't so bitter when Quinny was at mousehole turning the club into a success with hard work and passion and NO money which you already know. Why don't you concentrate on helping your own club and stop slagging off others. Time to grow up Tony. ??

Almost every club at this level is involved in some player expenditure. Many squander what is available. Penzance are a top club albeit waiting for an injection of success. They have a chance now with a proven manager (never easy to get one)with plenty of contacts. I will be pleased for the club if they can return to being a significant figure in Cornish football. 

From what I saw, Bryn promised much and made snide remarks about other teams on social media. I don't know the fellow but I can not say he came across too well from a distance. I would find quotes but he seems to have deleted his twitter account and I don't have Facebook. 

Good luck to Pz for the rest of the season. Brilliant club.  

8 hours ago, Olimar said:

From what I saw, Bryn promised much and made snide remarks about other teams on social media. I don't know the fellow but I can not say he came across too well from a distance. I would find quotes but he seems to have deleted his twitter account and I don't have Facebook. 

Good luck to Pz for the rest of the season. Brilliant club.  

Looks to have bitten him on the backside now! Sure I read somewhere on hear before when Dwayne Quinn left Mousehole he said he was not interested in a return to management, maybe he missed the game to much 

I was told by someone on my travels that Mr Quinn would never be a manager at any other club after leaving Mousehole but as we can see...you cant atke his word for that & from the interview before the st dennis game, its already started on a sour note!!! Good luck & cant wait to go down & watch my local club...hopefully it will not turn sour but not looking good 1st game in..