Cornwall Football Forum

How many games before ineligible ?

12 hours ago, Stricky1981 said:

Evening, im hoping someone can clear this up for me please. How many Combination games can a player play before he becomes ineligible to play in the Trelawney league ?

Many thanks in advance 

It doesn't work that way as a Trelawney team can play TWO 'higher ranked' players in a game - the player being 'higher ranked' if they have played last 3 consecutive games or more than 50% of games for higher ranked (Combo) team. There is also a rule  if they play (I think) 3 consecutive games for lower team they no longer count as ' higher ranked' .

So a Combo player will never be ineligible to play for a Trelawney team - as long as he is one of only two higher ranked players

42 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

It doesn't work that way as a Trelawney team can play TWO 'higher ranked' players in a game - the player being 'higher ranked' if they have played last 3 consecutive games or more than 50% of games for higher ranked (Combo) team. There is also a rule  if they play (I think) 3 consecutive games for lower team they no longer count as ' higher ranked' .

So a Combo player will never be ineligible to play for a Trelawney team - as long as he is one of only two higher ranked players

I think it's days rather than games to not be classed as higher ranked.

Just now, Mangle said:

Or there's an easier way......the Combo players just play for the Combo team, and the Trelawny players just play for the Trelawny team. Just throwing it out there....

So being two separate teams rather than a club?

Combo team has squad of 17 on match day and Trelawny team have 10. Rather than one player missing out go and play for the Reserves. Everyone gets a game and club thrives.

7 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

I think it's days rather than games to not be classed as higher ranked.

BHD - that all changed a few years ago - Trelawney rules (8n) state:

Clubs with more than one team in this League shall not play more than Two players adjudged to be, in the current season, commanding a regular place with the higher placed team in a lower division or lower divisional cup match. Players from the clubs team(s) or any other clubs team(s) playing in a higher ranked league (Rule 8c) shall count towards this total. For any club infringing this rule the penalties at Rule 8o shall apply.

Notes.

1. A player shall be deemed to be commanding a regular place with the higher placed team if he has played in the preceding 3 higher divisional or cup games or has taken part in more than 50% of the higher placed teams fixtures. A player shall not count towards the 2 allowed in the lower division once he has played 3 consecutive games for the lower placed team. 

Hmmmm, excellent point Hairy Bloke. I like your style. Having two (or more) teams in a "club" does and should allow players to enjoy games without missing out. However, the original question of how many games a "senior player" can play before becoming ineligible for the "junior" team leads me to believe that your scenario of player availability is unlikely to be a frequent occurrence. Probably more about jiggling the player numbers on a much smaller quantity basis.

24 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

BHD - that all changed a few years ago - Trelawney rules (8n) state:

Clubs with more than one team in this League shall not play more than Two players adjudged to be, in the current season, commanding a regular place with the higher placed team in a lower division or lower divisional cup match. Players from the clubs team(s) or any other clubs team(s) playing in a higher ranked league (Rule 8c) shall count towards this total. For any club infringing this rule the penalties at Rule 8o shall apply.

Notes.

1. A player shall be deemed to be commanding a regular place with the higher placed team if he has played in the preceding 3 higher divisional or cup games or has taken part in more than 50% of the higher placed teams fixtures. A player shall not count towards the 2 allowed in the lower division once he has played 3 consecutive games for the lower placed team. 

This must be a very recent rule change. 

I now see it is the same with 8c and applies for any higher league team.