Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday 25th August 2017

Please feel free to post your match reports, comments and thoughts on the days games

PREMIER DIVISION
Callington Town     2, Saltash United    2
Plymouth Parkway   5, Newquay     1
St Austell  2,  Plymouth Argyle   4

DIVISION ONE EAST
Bovey Tracey     1, Newton Abbot Spurs    3

Can someone help me im driving to St Austell for the match vs Plymouth Argyle on friday and intend getting to the ground at 7pm to watch the Plymouth players training but wandering if its possible to park in the school ,i will be only be watching the 1st half because  my eyes arent too good with night  driving .Thanks to anyone who can help me about the parking situation

Got and parked up at 6 30pm met all the lovely supporters and Smokie saw his friend Jason Chapman and i had a good chat with Dan Lean sorry Dan for calling you Lee i thought u was Lee Whetter . I thought S t Austell played very well and it looked like a clear pen when they went in front and continued to play some lovely football with Martin Giles having a fine game as usual ,just before half time the lights went out  but Argyle equalised then i made my way home after  a good half and Argyle won 4 -2 in the end and had some impressive youngsters playing my 1st look at the Plymouth Striker AEX BATTLE and i was very impressed with him ,this was a very young Argyle team with only 2 players that i know who have played in the 1st team Callum R ose and Dan Rooney who both played well . Well done St Austell see u all in a few weeks at Newquay and the G .Thanks for making me and Smokie welcome like you always do

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Got and parked up at 6 30pm met all the lovely supporters and Smokie saw his friend Jason Chapman and i had a good chat with Dan Lean sorry Dan for calling you Lee i thought u was Lee Whetter . I thought S t Austell played very well and it looked like a clear pen when they went in front and continued to play some lovely football with Martin Giles having a fine game as usual ,just before half time the lights went out  but Argyle equalised then i made my way home after  a good half and Argyle won 4 -2 in the end and had some impressive youngsters playing my 1st look at the Plymouth Striker AEX BATTLE and i was very impressed with him ,this was a very young Argyle team with only 2 players that i know who have played in the 1st team Callum R ose and Dan Rooney who both played well . Well done St Austell see u all in a few weeks at Newquay and the G .Thanks for making me and Smokie welcome like you always do

100%, not so sure on the penalty as looked very soft, but at that time of the game I think St Austell were on top. They were playing to their physical strength and in fact I thought Argyle looked poor at the back - their wingbacks were great going forward but very shaky defending and goalie was not confident.

Did worry in the first half, though as some of St Austells players looked very unfit, especially midfield. Second half Argyle ripped St Austell apart scoring two early excellent goals, Wearne missing one sitter, against the run of play for St Austell that could of changed things and Argyle gifting St Austell an own goal from an uncontested header. Final goal for Argyle finishing an accomplished second half and 4-2 victory. 

Decent game to watch - on a different day St Austell could have scored 3/4 but Argyle could have scored 6/7. 

Argyle team, very young and only two players on contract (very much occasional squad players at the moment), two on extended educational programme and the rest u18 players. St Austell missed Eddy and whilst they have good strikers and three great defenders they really need to solve their midfield. 

Friday 25th August 2017

Saltash United  v Callington Town(away) SWPL (Premier Division)

Line-up:Shields,Barker,Menhenick,Leary(O'Brien83),Russell,

Trott(Wilson76),Farrant,Lewis(c),Hughes,Richards,Bass.

Bookings:Russell,Lewis,Leary,Bass.

Attendance:129

Result:Callington town 2 Ashes 2.

Scorers:Russell (25),Menhenick (41).

Talk about a game of two halves,the Ashes were in complete control of the first half,infact Callington never had a shot at goal.The Ashes went in at half-time 2-0 up with goal from Russell and Menhenick.

The second half was a completely different story with Callington pulling a goal back on 49 minutes when the Ashes keeper failed to hold a cross.It became 2-2 on 56 minutes when Callington scored from the penalty spot.The Ashes had a great chance to go ahead on 61 minutes from the penalty spot but the home keeper saved with his legs from Ryan Richards.Verdict:2 points dropped.