Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Tues 22/8

Trelawny Premier
Chacewater 2-4 Reserves
Saint Scores; D Ellis, L Hall, M Wysocki & T Duffy

HT was 0-0, pretty boring half couple of incidents but nothing much to report. Both teams could and maybe should of gone down to 10 men but the referee just brandished the yellow card.

The 2nd half started and the saints found themselves 2-0 down very quickly, both goals were good and deserved. I feel the Reserves used their "get out of jail free card". 2-0 down and won 4-2, played better as the game went on and others may say that hard worked paid off.

Dan Ellis scores a wonderful goal from just inside their half, I was videoing parts of the game in hope and got the goal so I will upload shortly. Ryan Treloar played two wonderful balls through to Louie who brought them down to score one and assist Matt in scoring too. But you couldn't relax as Chacewater kept pushing their goalkeeper continued to save most things in his path but thanks to Tim Duffy who struck a ball into the back of the net (most people would of sent it skyward) to relax everyone and secured all 3 points for the saints.

Good game overall however I feel the referee could of utilised the sin bin  law to his and everyone's advantage tonight. Moaning about decisions from both sides, kicking the ball away but everyone's tolerance is different.. .mine is very low!!!haha.

A mention about the Chacewater goalkeeper who in my eyes tonight was the MOTM which you don't say letting in four goals but for the majority of the game many of us couldn't see how we were going to score, Caught and saved everything. Well done that man.

Reserves make a long trip to the Lizard on Saturday whilst the thirds open their season heading in the opposite direction when they visit Probus.

Well done to all the players tonight good evening for the club with the 1st winning 3-0 they too have a long trip to Portheleven on Saturday. The saints cover a lot of miles this weekend.

"Once A Saint Always A Saint"

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Trelawny Premier
Chacewater 2-4 Reserves

HT was 0-0, pretty boring half couple of incidents but nothing much to report. Both teams could and maybe should of gone down to 10 men but the referee just brandished the yellow card.

The 2nd half started and the saints found themselves 2-0 down very quickly, both goals were good and deserved. I feel the Reserves used their "get out of jail free card". 2-0 down and won 4-2, played better as the game went on and others may say that hard worked paid off.

Dan Ellis scores a wonderful goal from just inside their half, I was videoing parts of the game in hope and got the goal so I will upload shortly. Ryan Treloar played two wonderful balls through to Louie who brought them down to score one and assist Matt in scoring too. But you couldn't relax as Chacewater kept pushing their goalkeeper continued to save most things in his path but thanks to Tim Duffy who struck a ball into the back of the net (most people would of sent it skyward) to relax everyone and secured all 3 points for the saints.

Good game overall however I feel the referee could of utilised the sin bin  law to his and everyone's advantage tonight. Moaning about decisions from both sides, kicking the ball away but everyone's tolerance is different.. .mine is very low!!!haha.

A mention about the Chacewater goalkeeper who in my eyes tonight was the MOTM which you don't say letting in four goals but for the majority of the game many of us couldn't see how we were going to score, Caught and saved everything. Well done that man.

Reserves make a long trip to the Lizard on Saturday whilst the thirds open their season heading in the opposite direction when they visit Probus.

Well done to all the players tonight good evening for the club with the 1st winning 3-0 they too have a long trip to Portheleven on Saturday. The saints cover a lot of miles this weekend.

15.6 miles aint that long a trip!! 

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Trelawny Premier
Chacewater 2-4 Reserves

you will see this inconsistency all season long, mainly due to many older officials not wanting to buy into the new sin bin which in turn will just lead to more yellows and reds and frustration from players and managers!

11 hours ago, Mark said:

Trelawny Premier
Chacewater 2-4 Reserves

Fair report Mark ,  going to be a tough season for us whilst asking players to step up from two divisions below, but was happy with how we set up fist half.Unfortunately  with all  the changes  we had to make injury's ,making sure no sending off etc, the game opened and your stronger bench made the difference. No complaints from us.was happy with our younger  lads and we will encourage them over the season.

Good luck to St Day for the rest of the season

Nick