Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU Wednesday 23rd August

I can shed some light on the Torpoint v Plymstock game but not the others I'm afraid

2 hours ago, Darkknight said:

Plymstock frustrated Torpoint in the 1st half and the hosts couldn't get anything worthwhile on target but did have the majority of possession and several corners/ crosses into the box.

The 2nd half was better from Torpoint and they had several crosses into the box, a couple of last ditch challenges before a sub came on and scored with i think his first touch for the hosts and thet had several chances to secure the points but the keeper made a few decent saves. 

About 10mins before the end and after some more sustained Plymstock possession a midfielder hit a wondergoal from outside the box which flew into the top left corner of the goal off the stantion, was a great strike and even though the keeper was a bit lofty he didn't really get close to keeping it out.

Was a proper game of football with some crunching tackles and 3 or 4 plymstock lads going in book for dissent, kicking the ball away etc and a torpoint player saw red after what i think was a 2nd yellow for diving. Not sure what the first one was for.

Good crowd i would say close to 100 and i think on the face of it Plymstock were good for their point but Torpoint should have scored a couple more