Cornwall Football Forum

47 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Be good to clear this up as to whether correct or not.

Andy?

Can't give you the official version Dave as that's not my place now but yes and no is my understanding.  Yes Madron have received a heavy fine but not because their registration forms were lost in the unfortunate car crash.  That would I'm sure have been quickly and simply resolved.  Unfortunately an offence under Rule 8b(iv) was subsequently commited and that resulted in the fine.  This was a thankfully rare occurence during my time and from memory it was only applied once (definately) and possibly twice.  The fine for this particular offence was set deliberately high as a deterant for those that may be tempted.

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Could someone enlighten me please. Rule 8b(iv)? Dave, could you get your camera and big red pen out again please. It certainly won't deter anybody if we don't know what it is!

I can go better than that and post a statement from the Trelawny League :......

A post has been brought to our attention on the Cornwall Football Forum regarding a situation that is currently being dealt with by the Trelawny League.

On 15th August 2017, a Registration form was received by the Trelawny League Registration Secretary which was signed by the authorising officer (Secretary) at Madron Football Club. 

During the registration process, it was noted that the handwriting for all the players on the sheet was identical, appearing to have been written by the same person. Whilst this was not a beach of our rules, the signatures on the document appeared to follow the same pattern again, which would be a breach of Trelawny League rule 8b(vi) - Forged signatures.

The Registration Secretary contacted representatives at Madron Football Club as part of an enquiry into the possible rule breach. The beach of rule 8b(vi) was acknowledged and admitted both verbally and via written communications.

To that end, Madron Football Club are charged with maladministration, a breach of Trelawny League 8b(vi) - fraudulent signatures which attracts a £100 fine in accordance with the Trelawny fines tariff. They were also charged with a fine £10 per signature, again in accordance with the Trelawny League rule (8vi):

Where it is alleged and subsequently proven that a player registration has been submitted to the League that has been completed ‘on behalf of the player’ i.e. the player himself has not signed the form then:
The registration shall be declared void.

The penalties at Rule 8o shall apply.

The offending Club shall be fined.

Further penalties may be applied by the Management Committee for repeat offences which may include the calling of a Special General Meeting in accordance with Rule 17 to consider the clubs expulsion. 

Whilst we acknowledge that a contributing factor leading to this event was the loss of registration forms following a non-serious car accident which subsequently led to a Madron representative "signing on behalf of the players" concerned, we can not ignore the fact that a rule breach has been committed. Unfortunately during this time, no communications were received from the club for advice nor to alert us to their situation.

There will be no further comment from the Trelawny League on this matter. 

Madron FC have until Thursday, 24th August to appeal against the decision.