Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Tues 22-8-17

Combo Results
Tuesday 22nd August 
Carharrack (Ryan Stephens 5, Bradley Leivers 3, Adam Stephens, James Davies, Jack James, Jake Shaw, Mark Hollands, OG) 14-0 Holman SC 
Att - 30
Goonhavern Athletic (Tom Wilcock) 1-3 Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan, Alex Ralph, Daryl Richards) 
Att - 18 
Illogan RBL Reserves 0-3 St Day (Daine Peacock, Gavin Boon, Jake Williams)
Att - 60
Mullion (Jack Price 3, Charlie Glover 2, Matt Hall 2, Nathan Wright, Chris Blee, Harry Thirlaway-Price) 10-0 Redruth United 
Att - 40
Perranporth (Jack Bradshaw 2, Ross Sommerville, Luke Wort, Steve Brewer) 5-2 St Agnes (Mark Bell, Sam Lawrence) 
Att - 96
Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts, OG) 2-0 St Ives Town 
Att - 30
Perranwell (Chris Madeley 3, Lachlan Brace, Lee Smith, James Rowberry) 6-1 St Just (Luke Waller) 
Att - 44
Porthleven Reserves (George Molcher) 1-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Kian Thomas 2, Adam William's) 
Att - 50 
West Cornwall (Nick Pulgliese 2, Jordan Knuckley) 3-2 Hayle (Zack Williams, Kieron Harris) 
Att - 40

Latest table at 21.00 on 22/8/17
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 4 4 0 0 23 6 17 12
2 CARHARRACK 4 3 1 0 28 5 23 10
3 ST DAY 4 3 0 1 13 3 10 9
4 FALMOUTH 3 3 0 0 9 3 6 9
5 ILLOGAN 4 3 0 1 5 4 1 9
6 HELSTON 3 2 1 0 12 5 7 7
7 PERRANWELL 3 2 0 1 10 6 4 6
8 PENDEEN 4 2 0 2 12 10 2 6
9 ST IVES 4 2 0 2 5 6 -1 6
10 WEST CORN 4 2 0 2 8 14 -6 6
11 MULLION 4 1 1 2 16 10 6 4
12 HAYLE 3 1 1 1 8 6 2 4
13 PENRYN 4 1 1 2 7 13 -6 4
14 PORTHLEVEN 3 1 0 2 7 13 -6 3
15 ST AGNES 4 1 0 3 9 16 -7 3
16 GOONHAVERN 4 1 0 3 5 12 -7 3
17 ST JUST 4 0 1 3 4 17 -13 1
18 CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19 HOLMANS 3 0 0 3 5 21 -16 0
20 REDRUTH 4 0 0 4 3 19 -16 0

26 minutes ago, andy howes said:

It do seem a little bit daft when pendeen and St just are just a stone throw away and the traffic is horrendous but a it's the combo when have they done anything to help out teams. 

Won't Pendeen and St Just be playing each other in Boxing Day/Good Friday games though?

6 hours ago, hansome dan said:

Don,t need to play each other,maybe one at home and the other not travelling so far as I would think Perranwell and Goonhavern would be their longest journeys of the season and An August evening would be the worst time for travel.

So of one played at home the away side would be doing the big travelling then. I'm sure there are home games mid-week with some travelling involved for those clubs opponents too.

No big hairy Dave people could watch a game in the pendeen/st just area but a fixture against someone closer !The point I am making is please try and take into consideration the journey times down in the far west  for August evening fixtures as it is chaotic down here on the roads at this time .

Happens every year though. Perranwell may not have to travel this week but always have to play Mullion away midweek during summer traffic down towards Lizard (happens to be next Tuesdays fixture). I've never had to compile fixtures and I'm sure it's not easy but maybe a little extra thought for midweek travel times would make everyone's (footballing) lives a little easier.

West Cornwall 3-2 Hayle

???

2 up and cruising, Jordan Knuckey screamer from 25 yards and Nick Pugliese direct from a corner, Hayle didn't really threaten. Then 2 set pieces cost us 2 goals. Thought we hit the self destruct button but we kept going, and got a winner in around the 88th minute through Puggy again. Not bad for a side way out of their depth.

Well done to West Cornwall with Puggy in the middle pulling all the strings , Hayle were two down and out but got back with nine minutes to go and then a  cracking shot from outside the box in the 92 minute earned the points for West Cornwall , Ian Roberts was fair as always with a couple of silly bookings  for both sides , when will players learn when to keep quiet  , Hayle were very sluggish tonight and didn't move the ball quick enough at times , clawed themselves back into the game but couldn't hold  on  for a point.  Good crowd and on tonight's showing the better team won , don't thing the keeper will mind Puggy claiming two goals!s either lol .

I got to say a big well done to a young Mullion team this evening and that is not taking anything away from Redruth, as their attitude was fantastic and battled all the way to the end and played some decent football themselves at times. However, Mullion have been struggling for a long time and have introduced a lot of youngsters to the fold. At one point there was 5 X 17 year olds at the same time on the field of play this evening and the team have picked up a rare win with some great passages of play creating goals for themselves. Goal scorers were Jack Price x 3, Charlie Glover x 2, Chris Blee x 1, Matt Hall x 2, Harry Thirlaway-Price x 1 and Nathan Wright x1. Well done lads!! and big well done to Steve Glover (manager) who's giving these lads a chance and has his first win as Mullion Manager.

38 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

Don't you mean Diarrhoea?  :D

You must be feeling a tiny bit better about your result on sat now ballsax. 

Autocorrect! 

Don't think I'll ever feel better about it! But could have been worse! Feel for Holmans, new side full of youngsters, will be a big learning curve for them, same for us. Keep going boys, stick together through the hard times, will make the good times all the more sweeter.

Mixed emotions tonight obviously witnessed a club record win of 14-0 tonight. I think if it wasn't for the Holmans goalkeeper it would have been a lot more.

Carharrack achieving a all time club record win over 50 years.

I'm going to be honest both West Cornwall and Holmans were far far  far stronger when we were battling with them in Trelawny Premeir over 3 years ago. 

Big up to Holmans who didn't give up. 

Congratulations to Ryan Stephens on his treble hatrick in a row. Great team spirit.

6 hours ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Mixed emotions tonight obviously witnessed a club record win of 14-0 tonight. I think if it wasn't for the Holmans goalkeeper it would have been a lot more.

I'm going to be honest both West Cornwall and Holmans were far far  far stronger when we were battling with them in Trelawny Premeir over 3 years ago. 

Congratulations to Ryan Stephens on his treble hatrick in a row. Great team spirit.

I think your a lot stronger now to??...  

7 hours ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Having watched all three teams at different points over the years, in my opinion Holmans are considerably weaker but in time their youngsters will benefit and be very good players, West Cornwall, from what I saw last night compared to Saturday, seemed to have 3-4 more players that made a massive difference and are much, much stronger compared to when they were in trelawny Premier Division at the same time as Carharrack. As for Carharrack, they've also strengthened as "S Abbo" has mentioned.

Apart from the two poor goals from set pieces last night, WC controlled the game and didn't let Hayle get going. On that basis, I'm pretty sure they're not out of their depth as some might believe, but then again "SiJames" has always been a bullshit artist ?