Cornwall Football Forum

ST.AGNES BOLSTERS V KERNOW WANDERERS

ST.AGNES  (2)  4     Rapsey 14'  36'(pen)  Bayley 59'  Mullins 63'

KERNOW  (1)  1     Thurlow 27'

Decent pre season friendly played in a competitive and sporting spirit. Possibly a little bit of a flattering scoreline for the hosts as the visitors were on top at different stages of the game and created as many chances if not more. Aggie took the lead slightly against the run of play when Tony Penrose arrowed over one of his superb corners and Mark Rapsey evaded his markers for a split second to head home from 8 yards between two defenders on the line. Just over ten minutes later Kernow deservedly equalised when Martin Thurlow challenged home keeper Mark Norgate as the ball dropped from a blocked shot and got his head on it before the keepers fist. One of those 50/50 shouts that usually favour the keeper but not on this occasion, 1-1. Aggie got on top after that for the remainder of the half and went back in front after a foul right on the edge of the area was given as a spot kick, again a 50/50 decision really, who would be a ref? After a bit of a delay with the ref trying to place the ball for the penalty!??  Rapsey managed to spot his own ball 13 yards from goal and scored from the spot to make the half time score 2-1. Kernow took the game to Aggie straight after the break with Thurlow and Graham Ayres both shooting over the bar after working good openings for themselves. Once again the hosts scored against the run of play when the tireless Mark Wade produced a superb driven cross from the right for defender Steve Bayley to power home a header into the corner of the net from ten yards. Just a few minutes after that some more great wing play from Penrose saw him get to the byline and cut the ball back for Darren Mullins to finish from close range. The hosts were now creating plenty of chances with the visitors getting the odd one on the break. Rob Watt and Rapsey both came back on for the last 20 minutes after going off at half time and both had chances to extend the lead with Watt unlucky with a far post volley that went just wide and Rapsey missing the top corner by about a foot from a wind assisted free kick after a foul on the impressive Fred Allen,  then beating a few defenders to go clear only to shoot straight at the keeper to blow his hat-trick chance. Good performances from Jack Belche at the back and Darren Lawrence in midfield after losing a remakable six stone in the last year. Man of the match would probably go to Mark Wade for his non stop work rate at either end and Tony Penrose for his quality set pieces and crosses, hard to split those two really. Game played in great spirit and the most aggressive man on the pitch was probably Dennis the referee who got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning! Pulled Rob Watt up for three foul throws!! He played South Western League for years so i tend to agree with Rob that he does know how to take a throw in :SM_carton_y: and ive taken over 200 penalties in matches in my time and only missed 4 i may add so i do know how to put the ball on the spot!!! :SM_carton:  Apart from that thanks for giving up a couple hours of your time on a Sunday morning and reffing in the wind and rain on and off Dennis!! Dont think ive missed much? Thats about it i think, league starts in two weeks on September 3rd for most teams. Think the favourites will be St.Dennis in Division 1 and Saltash in Div 2 if i was a betting man which unfortunately i am and down £40 this week!!! Cheers Gents x

The final was fixed Jamie!! No way Milan would really blow a three goal lead against Liverpool mate! When Shevchenko blasted it against Dudeks hand and it went over the bar I knew it was a bent bet. Double or quits Utd finish above Liverpool this season with interest mate?  ?