Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Wednesday August 23rd 2017

54 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Let's hope the 3 officials in the  Falmouth v Bodmin game last the full 90 mins tonight .I don't want a repeat of last season's match with another Bodmin committee member replacing an injured official and the following debacle !

Lucky we had him that night, or else the game would of had to of been abandoned, poor guy ruined his Converse One Stars, think the club forked out for a new pair though!  

Just got back from Bickland where Falmouth fully deserved their win against Bodmin and if they were a bit more clinical, could have won by more. With no Gilby on the sideline, Bodmin were leaderless and for most of the game clueless! Playing a high line against Falmouth's pace was always going to be their undoing and it proved costly as Falmouth raced into a 2 goal start within 20 minutes! Without Carter their long ball game came to nothing as Cooper and Annear stood firm against the aerial bombardment. Just a quick mention about Falmouth's third goal from Jordan Annear - absolute beauty as he received the ball on the half turn and rifled in a half volley from fully 30 yards out! Well done to Westy for keeping the faith and well done to his players for upsetting a few predictions!!

10 minutes ago, BAGMAN said:

Just got back from Bickland where Falmouth fully deserved their win against Bodmin and if they were a bit more clinical, could have won by more. With no Gilby on the sideline, Bodmin were leaderless and for most of the game clueless! Playing a high line against Falmouth's pace was always going to be their undoing and it proved costly as Falmouth raced into a 2 goal start within 20 minutes! Without Carter their long ball game came to nothing as Cooper and Annear stood firm against the aerial bombardment. Just a quick mention about Falmouth's third goal from Jordan Annear - absolute beauty as he received the ball on the half turn and rifled in a half volley from fully 30 yards out! Well done to Westy for keeping the faith and well done to his players for upsetting a few predictions!!

Where was Gilby when they needed him, and who was the clueless one in the dugout?

Have to confirm all of Bagman's post. It always pays to get the first goal and tonight having done this after just a minute on the clock, they continued to go forward and threaten the Bodmin back line with pace!

When Watson had to go off injured it left Bodmin without a recognised striker and try as they did, despite hitting the post and the Falmouth 'keeper riding this luck when palming the ball against his own cross bar, I don't think anyone would deny Falmouth their win.

And they finished with 4 County Youth triallists on the pitch which augurs well for the season too.

A cracking result for Falmouth tonight. I didn't think Bodmin were that good to be honest but that shouldn't take anything away from Falmouth. They received their fair share of critics for bringing in the Penryn lads. But they performed well tonight, really working hard for each other. An outstanding effort from Jordan Annear for the 3rd and final goal of the game. Especially after he was hacked out by Jake Ash just moments earlier.

20 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

I didn't see Big Al at the game tonight. Pity, as he would have had to eat his words. This Falmouth team are starting to believe in themselves and are going to give a few teams a shock this year.

Probably went to wendron to watch his new team mousehole get beat 3-2

11 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Where was Gilby when they needed him, and who was the clueless one in the dugout?

Gilby away on holiday will be missing Saturday as well against Tavistock.strange start to season for Bodmin cup results have been massive but have to say the league performance's have been pretty mediocre to say the least .. got a very decent and strong squad just finding that right result to get our league up and going proving elusive at this moment but one thing for sure they'll work hard at sorting it out and soon be back on track ..

Rumours in the club after tonight's match was that Bodmin want to get in contact and find out how to win a game. :yahoo:

Don't worry, you rum and lime with ice and slice will still be waiting for you. 

Well done Falmouth. Will miss our visit there this season. 

2 hours ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

A cracking result for Falmouth tonight. I didn't think Bodmin were that good to be honest but that shouldn't take anything away from Falmouth. They received their fair share of critics for bringing in the Penryn lads. But they performed well tonight, really working hard for each other. An outstanding effort from Jordan Annear for the 3rd and final goal of the game. Especially after he was hacked out by Jake Ash just moments earlier.

Great result for Penryn.

Well done to Westy and his young team, could see the potential in pre season. Nice to see Jordy banging in the goals as well, big talent in my opinion, he aint got bad genes has he!! :thumbsup: Hard to believe Bodmin have only got 2 points from 3 games!?! With Tavistock coming up at home on Saturday no less! Could be an interesting league this year! :c:

Well LEEDS UNITED your team took 1 hell of a beating you are always on here saying about other teams how bad they are well what happened to your team last night losing to a Falmouth team many have said would be relegated ,i expect you will blame the linesmen referee or the grass was too long or the tea was too stong how about praising the opposition for a change

40 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Well LEEDS UNITED your team took 1 hell of a beating you are always on here saying about other teams how bad they are well what happened to your team last night losing to a Falmouth team many have said would be relegated ,i expect you will blame the linesmen referee or the grass was too long or the tea was too stong how about praising the opposition for a change

I think Leeds has taken his orange flashes into an internet black spot this morning. Not much gloating going on from him today I fear. Just remember it is easy to support a winning team. All the stick you have given Newquay and B!azey needs to be returned back with interest now methinks!!!

2 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Well if you stop the BS on here AL and you may not get that. You bring it upon yourself I'm afraid

Great result for westy and his lads. Great to see the penryn boys settling in well 

I do not view events wearing rose tinted glasses and say what I believe - is that not what a forum is asbout ?

4 hours ago, unclebuckthebaker said:

Nah, Pastyman not in hiding Ivory. I believe he was at The Marsh on Tuesday watching Cally v Exmouth --- surely not switching his loyalties :thumbsup:

No, definately not switching loyalties. Lovely weather and a local match, which included "the ashes" next opponents.

• 2 weeks later...