Wendron United Reserves    5-1    Mawnan

DIVISION 1
Mabe    3-6    Perranporth Reserves
Newlyn Non-Athletico    11-4    Trispen

DIVISION 2
Gwinear Churchtown    5-1    Redruth United Reserves
Newlyn Lions    3-0    Storm

Division 2

Great game today, dominant all over the pitch........ Gwinear 5-1 Redruth Reserves

Gwinear started quick, first goal came from a through ball from Duane Britten for Reave Kendall to slot home (5 mins) second goal right after we switched two of our front 3 players, all 3 linked up well with two touch passing, Duane Britten playing a through ball for Josh Chandler to finish (29 mins) third goal came on the 44 minute, again a through ball from Duane Britten for Reave to slot passes the keeper. 3-0 halftime. 

Second half Redruth came into the game and kept the score line to the same. 
Game was stopped in the 68th minute to await an ambulance for the young Redruth player with a suspected dislocated knee, all at Gwinear wish him a speedy recovery.

Game restarted after about a 40 minute break. 

Gwinear got there 4th from the spot after some great link up play which involved our captain Gavin and Ben Trebilcock, Ben got taken out from behind, spot kick.
Reave Kendall steps up and fires in for his Hat-trick. 79 min.
Gwinear's 5th comes from a through ball from Gurpreet Singh for Duane Britten to slot home. 85 min.
With the game over a moment of lapse allowed Redruth to get consolation goal from veteran striker Guy Johnson.
Great game played in good spirits and a great display for the new squad, great to see the boys playing football all over the park. 

Wendron next week........

2 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Trelawny Prem

Wendron Reserves 5 - 1 Mawnan

Great result and performance from Wendron today. Mawnan with plenty of experience and quality; will definitely be up there this season again. 

Possibly the first TD today too?

6 minutes ago, skinner said:

Penryn 6 St Kevern 0

Great result!!

23 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

One at Wendron v Mawnan. Can't comment on what was said/manner it was said in. Took place in about the 87th minute. Seemed to be some confusion from the player being dismissed as he was shown a yellow card and directed off field (which I believe is correct?). 

Ref had a good game and seemingly made the correct decision. 

Yes that is the correct procedure!

9 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

One at Wendron v Mawnan. Can't comment on what was said/manner it was said in. Took place in about the 87th minute. Seemed to be some confusion from the player being dismissed as he was shown a yellow card and directed off field (which I believe is correct?). 

Ref had a good game and seemingly made the correct decision. 

I'm not sure that you can say that the correct decision was seemingly made if you can't comment on what was said in what manner.  I was under the impression the referee had to give some kind of signal with regards to TD not just brandish a yellow (and after a period - no doubt thinking to himself what needs to be done now) saying "you're off".  Surely the player being shown a yellow/booked needs to be told what it's for or shown the appropriate signal to then understand what the fallout from that decision is - I think the confusion in this instance came completely from how the TD was issued.

I would also say your opinion on the referees performance was contradicted by at least a couple of players in the bar after.  A confusing display probably best describes it.

Wendron have some good young players (and old ones, Pottsy x) and will do well. All the breast for the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, super_saints said:

I'm not sure that you can say that the correct decision was seemingly made if you can't comment on what was said in what manner.  I was under the impression the referee had to give some kind of signal with regards to TD not just brandish a yellow (and after a period - no doubt thinking to himself what needs to be done now) saying "you're off".  Surely the player being shown a yellow/booked needs to be told what it's for or shown the appropriate signal to then understand what the fallout from that decision is - I think the confusion in this instance came completely from how the TD was issued.

I would also say your opinion on the referees performance was contradicted by at least a couple of players in the bar after.  A confusing display probably best describes it.

Wendron have some good young players (and old ones, Pottsy x) and will do well. All the breast for the rest of the season.

I said seemingly as there didn't seem to be complaints about it and I didn't hear or know for certain so that was the best fit for it. Was it correct? From where I was I couldn't pass opinion by saying yes he was correct or no he was incorrect in his decision, just as I didn't hear him say, "You're off," after a period of time. Sounds like you were closer to it or were told more than myself, which is why I didn't want to comment too much on it in the first place. 

That's football, opinions. I thought, with it being first competitive game of the season and at this level, he had a good game. Made no more mistakes than any player, no real or massive blunders that I'm aware of and there will certainly be worse referring performances this year. 

Thanks, a testament to the youth system, and it's great to have Pottsy on board! There must be a real collection of Combo medals and other winners in that Mawnan side. Great to have that sort of quality and know how playing in the Trelawny League - will be up there again no doubt this year. 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Curious! :ninja:

Thanks - I've been provided with the answer:-

"The player concerned is currently serving a suspension. He received that suspension from a friendly match, therefore it will only be served in another friendly match and not a competitive league game."

This leads me to ask is it really worth showing a card in a friendly?

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

"The player concerned is currently serving a suspension. He received that suspension from a friendly match, therefore it will only be served in another friendly match and not a competitive league game."

Seriously? Is that an actual rule?

Having Googled it, i think that is correct. Learnt something new today!

10 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Thanks - I've been provided with the answer:-

This leads me to ask is it really worth showing a card in a friendly?

Firstly - Dave did you actually just thank yourself for being curious?

im currently serving a 12 month suspension 

9 hours ago, dirty thirty tadge said:

For the challenge he put in, most definitely deserved the punishment. Filthy!

Second yellow was a late tackle but not filthy, the player fouled got up laughing. First yellow the ref gave in my opinion a very soft free kick and when one of our players asked what it was for he ignored them so I replied "I think it was for a trip that no one else saw" I'm pretty sure most refs wouldn't issue a yellow card for this in a league game let alone a friendly. 

8 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I also learned something new today and very disappointing. This gives the bullies of the game, and there are, sadly, a fair few of them about, free reign to abuse and maim their opponents, and officials with no effective sanction. I think that a review of the regulations is in order.

Ps I'm not a bullie I'm a lovely man