St Stephens Borough 0 Tavistock 2

Division One 

Bude Town v Mevagissey

Elburton Villa v Nanpean Rovers (Postponed

Newquay 2 Morwenstow 6

Roche 1 Lakeside Athletic 2

St Teath 0 Lanreath 3

Wadebridge Town 5 Millbrook 3

Nothing to do with the league, it's down to the clubs to be prepared to do the travelling. When they join the league they know what is involved. One prime example st columb major duchy 2 travel to stoke Climsland which is a 90 mile round. Don't hear clubs moaning from the duchy league 

St blazey really are going down the pan. No surprise to me at the result today. After watching them against town in the week I knew it could be a cricket score today. If it wasn't for the wet conditions on Wednesday night it could of been 15-0 also. What is going on at the club. Morgan's prediction of winning the league seems very unlikely after another defeat for the first team today. 

22 minutes ago, hedgerow said:

Nothing to do with the league, it's down to the clubs to be prepared to do the travelling. When they join the league they know what is involved. One prime example st columb major duchy 2 travel to stoke Climsland which is a 90 mile round. Don't hear clubs moaning from the duchy league 

When non-attendance of fixtures get to joke levels then the organisers of such fixtures should take action to prevent this. Common sense really.

Pensilva 0-8 Torpoint (hicks 4, waters 3 and other 1)

One sided game and suprising considering pensilvas pre season, have heard they lost some players to Liskeard but not sure how true that is.

Torpoint had 4 pens in the game with Hicks netting 3 of them and Waters the other, could have had 5 or 6 pens the defence was a tad clumsy. Hicks hit the bar with a shot from 40 plus yards in the 1st half and again with an angled volley in the 2nd half. 

The Pensilva keeper made a couple of good saves from spills and the scoreline would have been double figures if they had gone in.

Was expecting to watch a closer contest but still enjoyed watching the league champs live up to their reputation. Hopefully off to watch Blazey next and see whats going on there at the moment 

1 minute ago, Cornishfootball said:

Pensilva 0-8 Torpoint (hicks 4, waters 3 and other 1)

One sided game and suprising considering pensilvas pre season, have heard they lost some players to Liskeard but not sure how true that is.

Torpoint had 4 pens in the game with Hicks netting 3 of them and Waters the other, could have had 5 or 6 pens the defence was a tad clumsy. Hicks hit the bar with a shot from 40 plus yards in the 1st half and again with an angled volley in the 2nd half. 

The Pensilva keeper made a couple of good saves from spills and the scoreline would have been double figures if they had gone in.

Was expecting to watch a closer contest but still enjoyed watching the league champs live up to their reputation. Hopefully off to watch Blazey next and see whats going on there at the moment 

I wouldnt bother with a trip to st blazey just yet ???

Same old problem and as previously stated by myself a 3pt deduction and a fine would be no deterrent . 

People need to think beyond the problem. 

Less teams, increasing the overall quality. 

Teams that are prepared to turn up and play football.

Basics.

Amen.

4 minutes ago, St John said:

Same old problem and as previously stated by myself a 3pt deduction and a fine would be no deterrent . 

People need to think beyond the problem. 

Less teams, increasing the overall quality. 

Teams that are prepared to turn up and play football.

Basics.

Amen.

St john i got to totally agree with you  you look at div 1 and nanpean and been bottom or 2nd bottom during the last 9 seasons. Doesnt that say something? Bude have pulled out of double figure games the last few years. Both shouldnt be playing senior football. The standard has dropped over the years now. You look at the combo league and it is always competitive every season with very few if not any games called off through teams unable to raise a team. Other than newquays struggles last year. To be hammered 15.0 in any senior game isnt good enough. That shouodnt be happening. But unless all clubs agrer and want change it wont happen. Think of the local teams weve lost or gone uo the last few years. Some big clubs. 

I would like to add St Blazey yes they did turn up and and we have played worse teams than them in this league think to much is being made of this we had our shooting boots on and they didnt play to well and they did show a bit of class they all came back for a drink after more than can be said for some sides at least there giving a go which i give them great credit for keep going lads all the best from Bere Alston FC

1 minute ago, offside! said:

The match report in the Sunday Independent today says that it was the first game in the league for Lakeside yesterday. The league table suggests that they have now played 2. Can anyone help me with the correct info please, the match report or the league table? 

What was the bude score? I do.believe lakeside played midweek away to millbrook. 

With regards to the ECPL being two leagues - I can't see how merging the leagues and making teams like (no offence) Nanpean travelling to Torpoint reserves will benefit anyone; then you would be getting 15-0 score-lines on a weekly basis! 

BUT - I do agree with most on here that firstly, there has to be greater consequences for 'not turning up' AND if you finish bottom/second from bottom (apparently) 9 seasons in a row - regardless of the history or hard work off the pitch - you have to be relegated! 

I think the general idea would be to have one league of 18-20 teams. The lesser mortals being returned to Duchy Football. Therefore, it would be unlikely that Nanpean would ever play Torpoint.

All the likes of Nanpean need is a manager with decent player contacts prepared to follow him.

Very surprising that this has not happened after all these years considering the pitch and facilities on offer.

2 minutes ago, St John said:

I think the general idea would be to have one league of 18-20 teams. The lesser mortals being returned to Duchy Football. Therefore, it would be unlikely that Nanpean would ever play Torpoint.

All the likes of Nanpean need is a manager with decent player contacts prepared to follow him.

Very surprising that this has not happened after all years considering the pitch and facilities on offer.

The Problem they have is the amount of clubs around them that all have a couple teams each and players available limited. Foxhole have always been a top east cornwall club they done the right thing and rebuilt and they will bounce back. that's what nanpean should have done. 

11 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

"All the likes of Nanpean need is a manager with decent player contacts prepared to follow him."

With respect, that's what all teams need! It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Spot on Darin, managers don't grow on trees, it's becoming more and more difficult to find suitable candidates, even AFC St.Austell are not finding it easy to replace Chappers & Co.

On 20/08/2017 at 19:01, cornishlegend said:

Been told by the bloke who was taking over for the game.on sat at nanpean that they are withdrawing from league. Also seen on facebook to back this up. 

I understand that there was a meeting yesterday afternoon ( Tuesday ) to maybe fold up the clubs business or just maybe to come with a last minute solution to the clubs predicament.

Lets hope for the latter but i fear the former.