Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Sat 19th Aug 17

Combo Results for
Saturday 19th Aug 17
Carharrack (Ryan Stephens 4, Adam Stephens, James Davies, Jake Shaw, Harry Pope) 8-1 West Cornwall (Jordan Knuckley)
Att- 60
Helston Athletic Reserves (Fraser Paterson 2, Martyn Webster 2, Ben Leech, Luke Tripconey) 6-0 Goonhavern Athletic 
Att- 40
Mullion 0-3 Hayle (Liam Mooney 2, Sam Charlton) 
Att- 35
Perranporth (Luke Wort 5, Ross Sommerville 2, Justin Searle) 8-1 St Just
(Stuart Nicholls)
Att- 52
Pendeen Rovers 0-1 Illogan RBL Reserves (Brendan Hitchens) 
Att- 35
Perranwell (Lechlan Brace, Chris Madeley, Phil Rees) 3-2 Holman SC (Adam Brown, Reece Monteith) 
Att- 40
Redruth United (Sam Bradley, Ben Kellow) 2-3 Porthleven Reserves (Liam Hunter 2, Jamie Greet)
Att- 25
St Agnes (Brandan Light) 1-5 St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Matt Witts, Daine Peacock, Jake Williams)
Att- 70
St Ives Town (Andy Barry, Joe Rouncefield, Barney Poznansky) 3-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve) 
Att- 30

Table as at 6pm on Sat 19-8-17

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 3 3 0 0 18 4 14 9
2 ILLOGAN 3 3 0 0 5 1 4 9
3 CARHARRACK 3 2 1 0 14 5 9 7
4 HELSTON 3 2 1 0 12 5 7 7
5 ST DAY 3 2 0 1 10 3 7 6
6 FALMOUTH 2 2 0 0 6 2 4 6
7 ST IVES 3 2 0 1 5 4 1 6
8 HAYLE 2 1 1 0 6 3 3 4
9 PENDEEN 3 1 0 2 9 9 0 3
10 PERRANWELL 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 3
11 ST AGNES 3 1 0 2 7 11 -4 3
12 PORTHLEVEN 2 1 0 1 6 10 -4 3
13 GOONHAVERN 3 1 0 2 4 9 -5 3
14 WEST CORN 3 1 0 2 5 12 -7 3
15 MULLION 3 0 1 2 6 10 -4 1
16 PENRYN 3 0 1 2 5 13 -8 1
17 ST JUST 3 0 1 2 3 11 -8 1
18 CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19 HOLMANS 2 0 0 2 5 7 -2 0
20 REDRUTH 3 0 0 3 3 9 -6 0

Perranwell 3 - 2 Holman SC

I'll keep this shorter than last week :D

Great start from us, with some key players returning we looked really good going forward. Lots of quick counter attacks. Our first goal came on 9 mins when Reece Monteith squared for Adam Brown to finish from close range, the same combination for our first goal last week :) Soon after Pete Norfolk put in a great back post cross to find Jack Mankee who couldn't finish with his head from close range. It really did look as if we were going to go on and score 2-3 and Perran didn't threaten much in the opening 30. Again Pete Norfolk just before half time breaking down the right and pulling back to Jack Mankee in space who took the ball on the turn but dragged it wide on his left foot. As expected we were punished for our wastefulness and right on half time with Phil Rees scoring a towering header at the back post directly from a corner. Really gutted to concede and go in level as we really did play well but didn't make our dominance count.

Second half, different story really. We resorted to booting it long down the throats of a couple of 7ft centre halves which strangely enough didn't work too well :wacko: Perran were hitting us on the counter and made it 2-1 after 15mins. Breaking through the centre and finishing. The game was a bit nondescript really for long periods of the second half. Lots of launching from both sides and it wasn't fun to watch. Reece Monteith got our equaliser after dribbling down the left channel, holding off 2 perranwell players and opting to shoot instead of the anticipated cross. A powerful shot across goal leaving the Perran keeper no chance. 

It wasn't to be though. After we lost a 50/50 challenge on the edge of Perran's defensive third, the hosts broke quickly through the centre and after a good save from young Ryan Barnes, Chris Madeley tapped home from close range to win it. Definitely a bitter pill to swallow as we should've been 2-3 goals clear in the first half, but Perran persevered and got their rewards in the end. Awful 2nd half from a spectating point of view :D

2 hours ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

Perranwell 3 - 2 Holman SC

I'll keep this shorter than last week :D

Great start from us, with some key players returning we looked really good going forward. Lots of quick counter attacks. Our first goal came on 9 mins when Reece Monteith squared for Adam Brown to finish from close range, the same combination for our first goal last week :) Soon after Pete Norfolk put in a great back post cross to find Jack Mankee who couldn't finish with his head from close range. It really did look as if we were going to go on and score 2-3 and Perran didn't threaten much in the opening 30. Again Pete Norfolk just before half time breaking down the right and pulling back to Jack Mankee in space who took the ball on the turn but dragged it wide on his left foot. As expected we were punished for our wastefulness and right on half time with Phil Rees scoring a towering header at the back post directly from a corner. Really gutted to concede and go in level as we really did play well but didn't make our dominance count.

Second half, different story really. We resorted to booting it long down the throats of a couple of 7ft centre halves which strangely enough didn't work too well :wacko: Perran were hitting us on the counter and made it 2-1 after 15mins. Breaking through the centre and finishing. The game was a bit nondescript really for long periods of the second half. Lots of launching from both sides and it wasn't fun to watch. Reece Monteith got our equaliser after dribbling down the left channel, holding off 2 perranwell players and opting to shoot instead of the anticipated cross. A powerful shot across goal leaving the Perran keeper no chance. 

It wasn't to be though. After we lost a 50/50 challenge on the edge of Perran's defensive third, the hosts broke quickly through the centre and after a good save from young Ryan Barnes, Chris Madeley tapped home from close range to win it. Definitely a bitter pill to swallow as we should've been 2-3 goals clear in the first half, but Perran persevered and got their rewards in the end. Awful 2nd half from a spectating point of view :D

Who were the returnees? 

Mullion 0-3 Hayle , good  away win today , one up at half time and two up within 11 seconds of the restart  , A much improved performance  from the midweek draw  ,  Hayle took the game to Mullion from the start , but the opposition had their own chances in the first half , second half after the quick goal Mullion were always on the back foot , pitch was in good condition and a crowd of about 35 , Nigel Nicholls was the ref and he wasn't needed to dish out any cards as both sides competed but we're fair in the challenges , good game from the ref as he played advantage where he could and had a quick word in the ear if any one crossed the line .which was minimal , deserved three points and Mullion can have no complaints as the better side on the day won .

Carharrack 8-1 West Cornwall

Embarrassing. Personally I'm devastated, and I hope everyone else feels the same, because this was an absolute joke of a performance.

Firstly, we were never 8-1 worse. For the first 25-30, we didn't only compete, we were probably the better side. However, if there's a sporting award, surely we will win it this year, just on todays performance. We gifted them a 2 goal lead, pulled one back, then they scored a 3rd just before half time. Fair play, good pass and finish. Came out saying if we get the next goal, it's game on. 2 minutes after half time, put another one on a plate for them. Then another. After that, it was training ground stuff. Sit back, let them knock it around, don't put a challenge in, let them walk into our box and do what they want. Nowhere near good enough. We stopped playing at 4-1 and rolled over. Absolute farce. I know we were missing a few today, no excuse, it's a squad game and we had enough there to get something if we actually turned up and tried. I think in total we gave away 6 goals. Can't do that against a kids team, let alone the best side in the league. Sorry that we wasted your Saturday! Need to really pick ourselves up now, get that out of our heads and remember Christmas isn't for another 4 months! 

32 minutes ago, ballsax said:

Carharrack 8-1 West Cornwall

Embarrassing. Personally I'm devastated, and I hope everyone else feels the same, because this was an absolute joke of a performance.

Firstly, we were never 8-1 worse. For the first 25-30, we didn't only compete, we were probably the better side. However, if there's a sporting award, surely we will win it this year, just on todays performance. We gifted them a 2 goal lead, pulled one back, then they scored a 3rd just before half time. Fair play, good pass and finish. Came out saying if we get the next goal, it's game on. 2 minutes after half time, put another one on a plate for them. Then another. After that, it was training ground stuff. Sit back, let them knock it around, don't put a challenge in, let them walk into our box and do what they want. Nowhere near good enough. We stopped playing at 4-1 and rolled over. Absolute farce. I know we were missing a few today, no excuse, it's a squad game and we had enough there to get something if we actually turned up and tried. I think in total we gave away 6 goals. Can't do that against a kids team, let alone the best side in the league. Sorry that we wasted your Saturday! Need to really pick ourselves up now, get that out of our heads and remember Christmas isn't for another 4 months! 

Get real, wake up and smell the coffee!! The step is still big between Trelawny prem and combo. You boys are and will be way out of your depth this season with the current crop of players you have. 

A bit of a leveller now you've stepped up, and found your match which will be too much. 

I take it you were there? If so, you would know we started brilliantly but imploded big time. If not, you can't comment. Yes it's a big jump, against the top sides in the league we may well have our work cut out. The gap isn't that big between us and EVERY other side though. This year may well be a learning curve, it is what it is. No point judging us after 3 games, still 35 to go. If we're bottom in May, then we haven't been good enough. It's as simple as that. At least were having a go though, rather than pull out and start again in Trelawney 4 just to win trophies. Take the rough with the smooth, I stopped listening to your bullshit long ago.

10 hours ago, Sijames said:

Get real, wake up and smell the coffee!! The step is still big between Trelawny prem and combo. You boys are and will be way out of your depth this season with the current crop of players you have. 

A bit of a leveller now you've stepped up, and found your match which will be too much. 

How did Carharrack manage to win the league then?! Clown

I was at Carharrack yesterday and was talking to a mate after about 10 minutes saying how one-sided it was (in favour of the visitors), but the first goal changed all that and from then on there was only one team in it. A mixture of good goals an soft goals to be sure, but when you score 8 that's usually going to be the way. The way West Cornwall played the ball around at 0-0 was great to watch, however by the time it was 2-0 that fluent passing had completely broken down.

If West Cornwall had got the first goal in the second half, things may have been different, but it never happened and by the time Carharrack had scored a couple more it was all over.

On this showing, Carharrack look good bets to retain their title. West's next four games are also against teams in the top half of the embryonic table. so they may have a few more weeks of struggle before things start to look more rosy.

Thanks as usual to Carharrack for the warm welcome, decent refreshments and an entertaining 90 minutes.

11 hours ago, ballsax said:

you absolute crayon.

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

No need for the personal remark however ! 

I learn no end of new slang on here. This one went right over my head until Dave drew my attention to it. So off to the Urban Dictionary once again. I would never have believed that this simple word could have so many unsavoury meanings. I wonder which one he meant!

1 minute ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I learn no end of new slang on here. This one went right over my head until Dave drew my attention to it. So off to the Urban Dictionary once again. I would never have believed that this simple word could have so many unsavoury meanings. I wonder which one he meant!

Now you appreciate my concern Bruegel! ?