Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole

I'm just being rather nosey, being a magpies fan I just wanted to know if the rumours were true! Whatever happened to giving local players a chance? 

2 hours ago, burt said:

& your reasoning to no if players are or aren't staying at people's houses? Why would anyone need too FILL YOU IN ! HAHA. 

I'm just a curious soul Burt.

No not at all, Mousehole are not even my club...im looking at it from an ethical point......what has or is what people at mousehole got to do with anyone outside of the club? Not mine, not yours or anyone else but the peole who or maybe not bordering players!

4 hours ago, burt said:

No not at all, Mousehole are not even my club...im looking at it from an ethical point......what has or is what people at mousehole got to do with anyone outside of the club? Not mine, not yours or anyone else but the peole who or maybe not bordering players!

Well if I'm paying money to go through the gates to watch them then I have a right to ask don't you think Burt? 

4 hours ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Well, you could apply that logic to half the topics on here.

If you don't want to answer the question you don't have to ( even if you know the answer )

Thank you Brian 

As you know Guido likes to keep his ear to the ground.  I was in the old Ale House last night and was told that Mousehole have brought in a number of non local Academy players I believe who are living in committee members accommodation under a undisclosed arrangement.  As always just a rumour. 

52 minutes ago, Guido Fawkes said:

As you know Guido likes to keep his ear to the ground.  I was in the old Ale House last night and was told that Mousehole have brought in a number of non local Academy players I believe who are living in committee members accommodation under a undisclosed arrangement.  As always just a rumour. 

So what's the issue here if that is correct? Surely no team fields players All from their respective Village, Town or City?

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

So what's the issue here if that is correct? Surely no team fields players All from their respective Village, Town or City?

Of course not leeds, but if these reports are true ( and I have no idea ) then it's surely a totally different kettle of fish

I've never heard of any club in Cornwall bringing in ( amateur ) players from another part of the country and providing them with accommodation

I suspect that like myself several people will be intrigued to know if it's true or just a wind up

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

This sort of thing has been happening in cricket for years - matter do it (?)

If Mousehole have ambitions to reach the football league ....best of luck from me - but bonkers as well (!)

Does it matter well!! listening to the Mousehole locals in the stands at Porthleven on Wednesday night yes I do think it matters to them as some of the local lads didn't get on the bench

I heard the lad Jorome was flown down from Sheffield for the game on wednesday night (seems like others have heard that too going by tweets etc), also heard hes been promised a trial at Leeds United if he plays for Mousehole this season. Also seen and heard reports of accommodation being provided along with jobs??

a bit OTT for a local football league, but if they've got the power to do that sort of stuff then why not?

On 18/08/2017 at 08:29, Smiler said:

Does it matter well!! listening to the Mousehole locals in the stands at Porthleven on Wednesday night yes I do think it matters to them as some of the local lads didn't get on the bench

Nope it doesn't matter to those doing it.

Local opinion will count for nothing, they see it as the way forward, others have gone down the route of ignoring their locals ....and paid the price for it when it goes pear shaped.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2017 at 20:46, Brianmooreshead said:

Of course not leeds, but if these reports are true ( and I have no idea ) then it's surely a totally different kettle of fish

I've never heard of any club in Cornwall bringing in ( amateur ) players from another part of the country and providing them with accommodation

I suspect that like myself several people will be intrigued to know if it's true or just a wind up

You obviously haven't been keeping up with the gossip. I believe that Newquay provide accommodation, amongst other things for Tornado B.