Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Bath City

Tonight see's the return of the Romans to Cornwall as Truro City take on Bath City kick off 7.45. Perfect evening for the game and I am looking forward to meeting up with former Truro City legend Andy Watkins making a welcome return to Treyew Road. Many of you elder generation will remember Andy in his younger days playing in the old South Western League for Bodmin Town and I believe St Blazey. A player with a lot of talent but never quite made it at the highest level. Usually a close call between these two team and I am not expecting anything different tonight.:c:

Back to reality, after a good first half we unfortunately resorted to kick and rush after conceding the second goal, chances came and went including an open goal from Keats which was brilliantly blocked on the line. A chance to put things right on Saturday with another home game against Eastbourne Borough. Another bad night for poor old SS, no clean sheets again.:(

8 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Back to reality, after a good first half we unfortunately resorted to kick and rush after conceding the second goal, chances came and went including an open goal from Keats which was brilliantly blocked on the line. A chance to put things right on Saturday with another home game against Eastbourne Borough. Another bad night for poor old SS, no clean sheets again.:(

DONT LIKE REPEATING MYSELF,BUT YES,BEING AN EX DEFENDER.CLEAN SHEETS WAS ALWAYS A PRIORITY.

WHY DO WE ALWAYS RESORT TO THE LONG BALL TACTIC'S,WHEN WE CAN PLAY SOME GOOD FOOTBALL ON THE DECK.

VERY IMPORTANT TO GET A RESULT ON SATURDAY.WE DONT WANT TO SLIP INTO ONE OF THOSE WINLESS RUNS.

Clean sheets is what gives you the building block to go on and win a game. Or have a better chance of winning the game anyway. Poor fouls also given away by Truro in this game. It ultimately led to both goals. The tactics were wrong tonight in my opinion. Poor old Rocky never had a chance with the long balls. To get anything out of the Eastbourne home game tomorrow would be some sort of positive.