Cornwall Football Forum

Match Report

With all the attention after the game surrounding City Boss Dave Leonard and his departure it may well of been lost that City put in one of there best performances against a Calne side who had caused them problems just four days earlier. In fairness to Calne there starting line up was much changed from the cup game and they were never able to set any authority in the match on a excellent playing surface.

The game was just three minutes old when Tolley ran onto goal from a Gosling pass and netted with some ease, City seemed to play with a freedom or as if a burden had been lifted as they caused the Calne defence numerous problems in the opening quarter of a hour.

It was leading marksman Yetton who was denied by a fine save from the visiting keeper Allison after 16 minutes but the goal scoring legend turned provider two minutes later when his cross from the left picked out Tolley to score with a cracking volley.

On twenty minutes Wills and Gosling both went to head a Tolley cross Gosling's effort was unlucky to come off the foot of the post but within a minute after Allison had tried to head the ball outside the area Gosling planted the ball from 40 yards into the unguarded net to make it three nil.

City wrapped up the game just after half time when that man Yetton scored his brace within two minutes, the first was from a quickly taken free kick saw Yetton break into the area and score at the near post the second was a real power drive from the edge of the penalty area to take his tally to 26 for the season.

Jason Chapman never had a shot to save thanks to City's Captain Tom Smith well supported by Power and Ash, the win extends the team from the Duchy's lead at the top of the table to eleven points and go into next weekends Vase game in high spirits.

Guest Peppermint

Allforone 1889 - did you really mean the Duchy's lead!!!! Surely you meant the team from the Duchy not the Duchy because that is Cornwall not Truro.

Allforone 1889 - did you really mean the Duchy's lead!!!! Surely you meant the team from the Duchy not the Duchy because that is Cornwall not Truro.

If you read Allforones report again you will see that he says,the team from the Duchy.

How some of you like to nit pick.

KIT.

Guest Peppermint

KIT65 - I am sure Allforone being an honest individual will confirm that he edited the posting to read what it does now from the original one which certainly read the Duchy team. Why do you have to be so defensive I was merely pointing something out and it was not an attack on Truro City. Please don't just jump down my throat when I was just making an observation.

KIT65 - I am sure Allforone being an honest individual will confirm that he edited the posting to read what it does now from the original one which certainly read the Duchy team. Why do you have to be so defensive I was merely pointing something out and it was not an attack on Truro City. Please don't just jump down my throat when I was just making an observation.

Sorry about that Peppermint,how am I to know that the posting was edited.I was just answering the posting as all of us read it.And im not being defensive,Ijust find it strange that some on this forum try and keep Truro City and the Duchy as far apart as possible,and I cant understand why when we are flying the flag for Cornwall in everything we do.

KIT.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Kit 65 - the ability to edit posts does cause confusion but I also appreciate that it allows people to correct something that was wrong.

I certainly have no problems with Truro City's fight to climb the football pyramid system and wish them good luck.