Cornwall Football Forum

Ruan Minor Friendly Results

July 24th - Mullion (combo) 1 - 0 Ruan (Tre 3) 

Very even game, the only goal coming from coming from a freekick.

July 29th - St Keverne (Prem) 0 - 5 Ruan Minor (Tre 3) very one sided game and could easily have been double figures.

Aug 5th - Couldrose 2 - 2 Ruan Minor (Tre 3) 

Ruan went ahead both times and dominated the second half, should have been 4 or 5 up. 

Aug 8th Ruan Minor (Tre 3) 2 - 1 St Keverne (Prem)

Wasnt at the game but sounds a closer contest

• 2 weeks later...

As many of you are aware Ruan minor had struggled year on end with facilities, a place to drink after games, no shower's, committees, groundsmen etc, you name it Ruan minor didn't have it, and ultimately led to the club folding 5,6 maybe even 7yrs ago, a lot of players like myself found football elsewhere weather it be mullion the lizard or st keverne, it took a long time for the parish to raise funds to finally have a new pavilion built and hence the club restarting last season, every single one of our players barring 2 live with ruan as their closest club, 

Yes we have new facilities, but to claim local lads, some only just turning 18, or people who have previously played or started out at ruan, or a couple Even having there first season in Cornish football are getting paid to play for their local club, (that has worked so hard to get back football in our community) its simply outrageous. We all would have been there if it hadn't folded in the first place, and from my point of view it showcases more loyalty and commitment to that cause and giving something back, rather than people chasing paypackets that don't exist and are built on hearsay because of what we've achieved in our short time back, I.e promotion and facilities. I for one would love nothing more than to help this new team jump up the leagues and offer a higher of standard for the next group of players coming through the ranks. 

People will have their own opinions and that's football, but nearly everyone want to see their home club succeed.

@Mangle we struggled early on last year to get a team for the start but eventually about nine games in we had the same group week in week out. Hence we went on a 19 game winning run trying to sustain a late challenge which unfortunately fell too short, You can go back and look at our team sheets in Fa Full-time, I hope that clears it up

That's all from me. Thanks

We Pz Reserves played there last season and I can say what a great clubhouse they have built down there. It was so new the ladies were having trouble trying to tune the TV.

Good support for the side as well. It was the only ground we visited where the home support outnumbered the away support that Pz take to games. 

They defeated us fair and square, both home and away, and were the best footballing side we played all season. Took 6 points off us and we wished we had played then at the start of the season when they were getting their act together.

Hope they do well in Div 3 this coming season.