Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook ECPL v Torpoint Duchy

Millbrook ECPL 2-3 Torpoint Duchy

Popped down to Jenkins Park on Thursday to see how the Millbrook ECPL team were playing as heard some new players have been brought in and are ones to keep an eye on. Was a last minute game arranged with Torpoint Duchy which I caught wind of and dropped by on the way back.

Firstly a massive well done to millbrook on the pitch, goals, improved atmosphere and work they have done pre season down there.

The game itself was an entertaining one with 2 teams quite well set up, the Torpoint team looked younger and saw a few faces in the Milbrook team that I had seen over the past few seasons.

The firsf half was quite even in the middle of the park and Torpoint taking the lead mid way through the 1st half and their keeper the busier out of the two with a couple of decent saves. Millbrook held the ball well and equalised just before half time with a drilled shot/ cross which looked like was going wide but took a deflection into the corner off a Torpoint head.

The 2nd half saw Torpoint start the stronger and score a decent header from a free kick and I believe the other goal was a deflection or an own goal which saw them take a 3-1 lead. Millbrook pressed and drew a number of saves from the Torpoint keeper and eventually pulled one back with about 5 minutes to go through a good shot from the right that went through a defenders legs and into the corner of the goal.

I hope the lad for Millbrook that had a shot and seemed to possible dislocate his knee is ok, hoping it wasn't a dislocation and that he is good to go for the season. 

All in all i was impressed with Torpoints work rate and the way Millbrook kept the ball for periods of time but with the Torpoint keeper being the busier of the two i think that some more composure in front of goal may have seen Millbrook score a few more. Not taking anything away from Torpoint though, good win against higher opposition.

Nice to see Millbrook still with us and look forward to a visit to see the SWPL team at some point in the season