Cornwall Football Forum

Match Day Food at SWPL

32 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

Burgers at Bodmin are dodgy! St Austell do the best pasties I've experienced,  but Parkway now have a burger van which smells amazing....might have to give that a cheeky go next time! 

I believe at the turn of this year, although it has probably changed now, but AFC  St.Austell had a food hygiene rating of one star out of Five ( & I am afraid that Five was the best !) So I wouldn't expect any top culinary delights there! It was in fact listed as one of Cornwall's few establishments rated with One star by a local Cornish news organisation! 

7 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

The dodgy Bodmin burger (  2 bad experiences ) Cheesy chips for me now?  ewwwwwwww.

The Launceston pastie  for me.

Time to revive the Pasty League thread? Seemed to get a few going last time, one or two got quite upset when the pasties at their club were criticised.

7 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I believe at the turn of this year, although it has probably changed now, but AFC  St.Austell had a food hygiene rating of one star out of Five ( & I am afraid that Five was the best !) So I wouldn't expect any top culinary delights there! It was in fact listed as one of Cornwall's few establishments rated with One star by a local Cornish news organisation! 

Another little dig at Saint Austell Leeds !!! Shock !!! You should visit again sometime you may actually see a crowd !!

Apart from a coffee here a kit kat there my experience of football ground food is limited. So sorry Windmill on the hill I digress. Good on you for trying a different topic but once again no matter what posted it turns into a clanging match between fellow members. For God sake have a dual in a field somewhere. Ladies in St AUSTELL tea hut always friendly and what I've has been ok. Similarly in St Blazey and Bodmin. If you don't like the food take your own you squabbling women

From my travels, the pasties on offer at most grounds are awful.

Torpoint, bland

Plymouth Parkway, not bad, quite good in fact

Liskeard, acceptable

Saltash, quite tasty

Bodmin, do they have a pasty on sale?

Callington, cheap and nasty Grinsters

St Blazey, ok, but very small

St Austell, so so

Godolphin, they were ok

• 4 weeks later...