Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Sat 12th Aug 2017

Here are the first fixtures of the season

Saturday 12th August 2017
Helston Athletic Reserves (Mike Halibone 2) 2-2 St Just (Luke Waller 2)
Att- 35
Illogan RBL Reserves (Tom Butt, Chris Tolley, Brendan Hitchens) 3-1 St Ives Town (Tom Morris)
Att- 50
Mullion (Jack Price 2, Nathan Wright) 3-3 Carharrack (Ryan Stephens 3)
Att- 50
Pendeen Rovers (OG) 1-5 St Day (Liam Paddock 3, Gavin Boon 2)
Att- 40
Perranporth (Luke Wort 3, Gary Bell, Steve Brewer, Justin Searle, Chris Wood) 7-1 Penryn Athletic (Jackson Saunders) 
Att- 110
Perranwell P-P Hayle 
Redruth United 0-2 Goonhavern Athletic (Adam Paterson 2)
Att- 35
St Agnes (Gavin Perraton, OG) 2-5 Falmouth Town Reserves (Brodie Kemp 2, Kyle Cook, Liam Chinn, Finn Thompson)
Att- 80
West Cornwall (Jordan Knuckey 2, Gareth Ireson, Jowan Kitchener) 4-3 Holman SC (Simon Lavis, Adam Brown, Jack Mankee)
Att- 41

First table of the season

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 1 1 0 0 7 1 6 3
2 ST DAY 1 1 0 0 5 1 4 3
3 FALMOUTH 1 1 0 0 5 2 3 3
4 ILLOGAN 1 1 0 0 3 1 2 3
5 GOONHAVERN 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 3
6 WEST CORN 1 1 0 0 4 3 1 3
7 CARHARRACK 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
8 MULLION 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
9 HELSTON 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
10 ST JUST 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
11 HAYLE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
12 PERRANWELL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
13 PORTHLEVEN 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
14 CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
15 HOLMAN 1 0 0 1 3 4 -1 0
16 ST IVES TOWN 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0
17 REDRU 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0
18 ST AGNES 1 0 0 1 2 5 -3 0
19 PENDEEN 1 0 0 1 1 5 -4 0
20 PENRYN 1 0 0 1 1 7 -6 0

Hi All,

Good luck for the season to all the Combo clubs new and old!! Just a reminder if you want your teams report in the Sunday Independent next morning can you call/text/email me by 6.30pm at the very latest after your game please! I've done a bit of chasing around in the past so people can read about all 10 games next morning but the paper deadline and the fact I work nights 4 on 4 off means I can't anymore! It's only a few minutes of your time so if you want a report in I'm on 07455987850 or Rappoandrach@sky.com Don't mind who calls as long as someone does!

Much appreciated gents, and have a good season

Rappo ⚽️

10 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Hayle requested the postponement i understand.

For what reason, I think Carharrack asked for a postponement for today's games for a wedding in the club and were told they would loss the points if they didn't play, perhaps some one from Carharrack could confirm this, if this is so have we got different rules for different clubs.?

Edited by THE WELL 66
Spelling

West Cornwall 4 - 3 Holman SC

Well, a local derby to start the season! Although it didn't really feel like one. West Cornwall were sticking to their possession game and we were mostly force to close down in the heat which didn't leave much left in the tank for full blooded tackles. In typical Holmans style we gave the Combo league newcomers a rather sporting 3 goal head start.

A good diagonal ball from Owen Barrett cut out the entire Holman's defence and I believe it was WC's number 10, who lobbed the onrushing goalkeeper to give the hosts a lead after about 3mins. More good work from Barrett driving from the left wing, beating a couple of defenders before rifling a shot into the post which rebounded and was slotted home, so a 2 goal lead after about 7mins. West Cornwall added a third goal from a corner, we didn't clear it and it was scrambled home to make it 3-0 on around 25 mins. Pretty poor defending from us and not a single chance on goal at this point. Opta's stats had our possession down at 28% as well so things weren't looking good.

However, we managed to give ourselves a lifeline and started playing with a bit more desire. Bobby Hopkins opting for the long diagonal which gained some ground and after restarting from a throw in, Reece Monteith curled in a perfectly shaped crossed from the left wing for Adam Brown to head home from point blank range. 3-1 and game on! 

HT

The second half saw us competing much more and despite having less of the ball we were able to close down WC more effectively. The hosts were still very dangerous though, they put in a number of very good quality crosses which were just eluding the strikers and after some patient passing the ball was dropped back from their right winger to the right back (bald head and beard sorry don't know names) and he put in a brilliant curling cross which was headed home from close range. Found myself almost flinching to clap instinctively (didn't) as it was such a good passing move in all honesty and at this point 4-1 down it looked over. The young number 10 for WC also struck the bar with a good volley attempt soon after and we were on the ropes momentarily. 

We then pulled another goal back through Jack Mankee on around 60mins. After some neat control in the box he was fouled and stepped up to calmly slot home which made it 4-2 with plenty of time left. The introduction of Ashleigh Bingham injected some life, and with his work rate and long throws we clawed our way back in again.

This time it was the evergreen Simon Lavis showing us you can still score goals whilst falling over. A corner which wasn't cleared by WC, bounced high to the back post and Lavis instinctively threw himself at it with an overhead kick which looped in. Great piece of individual skill to make it 4-3 and it felt like the equaliser was inevitable as we had the momentum at this point.

West Cornwall were awarded a penalty after a quick counter was illegally halted by Bobby Hopkins inside the box, no complaints with the decision and luckily the WC number 9 missed from the spot to give us a lifeline. A few minutes later it looked as though our luck was finally in. A long throw from Bingham was flicked by a WC defender unable to clear and bounced off the foot of the far post. It looked like Adam Brown would have an easy tap in but the WC defence reacted well and quickly crowded him out to stifle our hopes of a point.

FT 4-3

Congratulations to West Cornwall on their first victory in the league. It's a shame it had to come courtesy of us but they played well. Pretty sure they will finish around mid table and I'm sure others will appreciate their style of play. There were some positives for Holmans from about 30mins onward and with returning players we can definitely improve. Easily the longest report I've ever done :)

Sorry just got back from pub! OG and Gavin Perraton good attendance 80 and the lemon drizzle cake sold out! We went one - nil up and had a bad 10 minutes Falmouth scored 4! Penalty from Gavin Perraton 2-4 half time. Second half no score until last 10 minutes when, after St Agnes had one red carded for a tackle, Falmouth nicked one in dying minutes. Good luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season!

4 hours ago, THE WELL 66 said:

For what reason, I think Carharrack asked for a postponement for today's games for a wedding in the club and were told they would loss the points if they didn't play, perhaps some one from Carharrack could confirm this, if this is so have we got different rules for different clubs.?

Wedding? Like I mentioned earlier a lot of team's had player's a boardmaster!

Think some of the attendances are high today. The game I saw was nowhere near what was stated.

7 hours ago, willy7 said:

Wedding? Like I mentioned earlier a lot of team's had player's a boardmaster!

Think some of the attendances are high today. The game I saw was nowhere near what was stated.

Tell me which game and your estimate and I will alter. I can only record what is quoted and yes sides do inflate their attendances!