Cornwall Football Forum

Holiday Matches

Midlandsman

Dear Folks

Im looking forward to coming down for 2 weeks for our annual holiday staying in Hayle from Friday 1st September till Friday 15th September, though if Haven offer us the extra night for £30 then we will stay over till the Saturday and get another match in.

My plans this season whilst down are as follows:

Saturday 2nd September

Mullion FC v Holmans FC

As soon as I saw this fixture, it was a draw to me, as a few years ago, I visited Holmans and Neil Pitt did a programme and put a article in that I wrote for him. The n last year whilst looking down at the Lizard, we pulled off the road and looked in at Mullion FC, the committee were there in the clubhouse and greeted me and my family and offered us to a cuppa, as time was getting on, I did say I would return and this is a chance to do so.

Wednesday 6th September

St Buryan v Halsetown FC

Last season I wanted to go to Halsetown and it was raining heavy and the kind secretary who I rang said it possibly would fail a pitch inspection, I went to match plan B and the secretary rang me to say the game was on but by then I was already at game plan B and too late to turn round. St Buryan Ive never visited either, so this fits my bill for the midweek, though if the entertainment is as bad as last year in Haven then I will be out somewhere on the Tuesday Night as well lol

Saturday 9th September

St Ives Town v St Day AFC

Having caught the train to St Ives many a time, ive never seen a match at St Ives Town and its been on my hit list for a few years now and it seemed everytime we come down on holiday, they are playing away, so this is a must for me to visit. St Day Ive seen a few times, both at home and away and are a good lot.

Wednesday 13th September

Porthleven FC v Penzance AFC

Another ground Ive not been to and always seem to be away when I come down, so it would be rude not to visit, also can catch up with old friend Paul Smith of Penzance and his daughter for a natter.

At all the matches I will be taking match photos and will post them on my charity blog which is in aid of Maggies Cancer Care Centre and will also write up my report and photos of the games on this forum

Here is the link to my Blog

https://aroundthegrounds2017-18.blogspot.co.uk/

Kind Regards

Rob Hornby(Midllandsman)

Notts Senior Football League Registrar