Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL and Jolly's Favourites

Now that we've all had a chance to watch some of the friendlies, seen the results, which teams are looking like they've got the edge going into the first game of the season?

I appreciate it's only preseason and the season is a long one, but it would be good to see if there are some 'dark horses' being eyed to challenge this season!

ECPL could be the most open in a few years; Bere Alston, Parkway, Torpoint, Callington will be the challengers I suspect. St Austell and Looe will upset a few of the big sides if their younger players step up. 

Not seen much of the ECPL1 sides but St Minver highly rated, quite impressed with Lakeside yesterday. 

Difficult to judge from friendlies but St Austell Res and Bere Alston seem to be having good pre-seasons! Have watched Cally a couple times - they look as strong as last year! Hoping for a change at the top this season...

ECPL 1 is anyone's guess - Villa favourites, St Minver, Lakeside, Newquay somewhat unknown, Millbrook and Wadebridge both improved, St Teath regrouped? 

Looking forward to the start of the season!

On 30/07/2017 at 07:23, willy7 said:

Jolly's combo will be out of Carharrack, Perranporth. With St.day and St.Ives putting a challenge in.

St ives have lost a lot of key players.. think the other 3 will be there.. tough task of keeping all of your boys happy tho. 

It will be an interesting season, once again. 

St Ives have lost some key players, carharrack have lost one or two, but made a couple of good signings. Perranporth and St Day have to be in the mix. I wouldn't discount Penryn, Falmouth Town or Porthleven, as they are now the first team or their first teams have strengthened.

And even if they don't challenge, they will have a big part to play, especially midweek games!  

Either way, I'm sure it'll be a good season & may the best team win