Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City news

Guest Terrier Tom

Leave Traore out of this, thats not fair!!

The man is a European Cup Winner!!!

I understand what you're saying about Truro, I've no idea what the situation is up there. But I'm sure that being the business man that Mr Heaney is, there's got to be a way of him recouping some of his money, it can't all go against Tax can it?

Thought the Djimi shout might shut you up! The players are paid what they are offered and what the payee see's them as being worth. It's the same as in the Premiership; yes the amounts are OTT but that has nothing to do with anyone else. Mind you, I think Mr Risse should be spending more on meals personally.

I'm glad you understand. I am no TCFC fan, but the anti-TCFC brigade on here are quite frankly a joke, most of whom either don't understand football and/or planning.

Above all, if it was my money I would be doing exactly what Mr Heaney is, albeit at a different club.

P.S - You can't recoup tax on a Trust run organisation.

Guest Man on the Post

I believe that St. Darren works for a government agency and therefore I treat any posts he makes during working hours as a tax loss! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

you are totally correct MOTP

in fact, I am a total waste of money! But I've done my bit for the country!! haha

nice to hear from you, I was expecting something worse than what you wrote!

Back on subject though, who will Truro get in? Kevin Hodges? there was talk about Leroy Rosenior previously. They've got a job on their hands thats for sure! Or will Trevor Mewton step up to the plate

well first thanks to tommy for the reply and hi hope ur ok and would be good to catch up soon , but back to the topic so here goes, first my comments about truro being successfull were judged on todays football not the past i would not disrespect great footballing sides like falmouth saltash liskeard and more recently st blazey the old newquay side nicks phil ryder ect and even penzance with ronni barr they were fantastic squads and its my loss because i was playing i never got to see them play as much as i would have liked but i do remember norman ash mr manley joe scott and tony kellow at falmouth and how could i compare them with todays truro it would be so disrespectfull to even try to attempt , also the old truro side managed by lee cooper and then there was rickis bodmin town such great managers and players, i spoke only as a football supporter with no favours towards any team , and i do think we should not discuss moneys on here what ever kevin wants to do at truro that is his concern only, it is nothing to do with any one else and by guessing sums its missleading so i think the topic should be about the great loss david and his staff would be i hope it can be solved for footballs sake so lets leave the money out as your only guessing , i was lucky to be involved with truro last season and it was one of the highlights in my career in football, they are a fantastic proffessional club managers and players alike watching marcus martin and joe , jake ash prepare for a game was fantastic for someone like me, i cant even guess what it was like at falmouth when they were so successfull, football still gives me a buzz and i never stop trying to learn and respect guys like dave glyn and tommy mathews so lets just give truro the support they deserve as i did falmouth all those years ago its for the benfit of all cornish football , alan metters

Guest crosser

joined this one a bit late as don't normally venture into this sub-forum,

I did'nt find ECPL figures that misleading if anything he missed out probably two of the biggest paychecks, The Manager and Director of Football.

So thats even more money to find

It seems to me,there are some financial whiz kids on the forum who are very worried about the financial state of Truro City Football Club.I would like to put your minds at rest by saying there is nothing to worry about.A couple of years ago Truro A.F.C. was in dept to the tune of thousands of pounds,infact if there wasn't an investor at that time I doubt if there would be a Truro City A.F.C at this moment in time,so as you can imagine the supporters of Truro have a lot to thank Kevin Heaney for.

At the present time I would not be fool enough to say the books balance at the club,and I would not be surprised if Mr Heaney still has to put money into the club to fulfil his dream of top level football at Truro.He would know more than anybody,this is a long term investment,and wont happen overnight.But on the plus side things are on the way up at Truro.We have one of the best,if not the best team that we have ever had,and doing well in all competitions,vast improvments to the pitch and ground,doing very well with advertising,a very good and well run supporters club,and most of all the crowds are coming back to Truro City again.

We at Truro have every confidence in our Chairman and those running the club,and are sure we are in good hands.After all you dont become a multi millionaire by throwing your money at bum deals do you?

And if in time the dream does not materialise,what have Truro City A.F.C. lost? nothing,because we had nothing in the first place,but I know one thing everyone involved with Truro City will say they enjoyed the ride.

KIT.

Guest tom@white tigers

From the West Britian today, explains a few things:

A number of names have already been linked with the job including former Torquay boss Leroy Rosenior, ex Argyle player Sean McCarthy and Bath City's John Relish.

And Mr Heaney said a number of people had already been in touch about the job.

"We will wait to see who applies and take it from there," he said. "But it will have to be someone with the right credentials to take us on."

Mr Heaney also revealed that 11 players had been offered and signed full time contacts for next season, providing promotion was achieved.

He also said "It is an honour to be linked with Argyle because they are such a fantastic club and I am sure there is a lot we could do together and I would never dismiss anything that would be beneficial to Truro. "But Truro City is my priority and always will be. I came here four years ago and I am so glad I did. I would never give them up."

Dawlish striker Jamie Mudge looks set to reject a proposed move to Truro City.

The Exeter-based player had talks with the club last week and has now gone away to consider the offer.

However, it is understood that he may opt to stay with Dawlish and reject City for a second time.

Guest Bunhill

Could be a threat when Truro meet Dawlish in the League Cup!

or Boxing Day!

Interesting comments by Dave Leonard in the West Briton, so if he's not leaving because of Kevin Heaney, his family/homelife or prior work commitments then why?

wasn't he also given a contract extension in the summer?