Cornwall Football Forum

'Goliath v David' at Bickland tonight

Fair play to Troon and they have nothing to lose, will be a great workout for their lads against a decent outfit.

I think Troon will give a great account of themselves and in football anything can happen, good luck and I'm sure it'll be a great game for the neutral!!!

3 hours ago, jolzy10 said:

Fair play to Troon and they have nothing to lose, will be a great workout for their lads against a decent outfit.

I think Troon will give a great account of themselves and in football anything can happen, good luck and I'm sure it'll be a great game for the neutral!!!

TROON ARMY MARCHING AGAIN                        good luck fellas ???

7 hours ago, TheHoneyBadger said:

Looks like Troons army waved a white flag ????

Stood up to be counted tho Fair Play to them !!   Lots of  sides only play friendlies they know they can win some try to test themselves  against higher opposition , was good experience for their youngsters ??

17 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Falmouth Town (SWPL Premier) entertain Troon AFC (Trelawny League Premier)   Level10 v level 13

I took my grandson along to watch this after seeing it advertised on here and to taste Bickland Park for only the 2nd time & I must say although the score line suggests an absolute drubbing (it was eventually), Troon played outstanding in the first half, only 1 – 0 at HT in fact! Kept their shape extremely well and looked like a side who wanted the ball even against a team leagues and leagues above them!  The 2nd goal went in on the 61st Minute and the legs seemed to go from there, and the floodgates opened up. All in all got my £1’s worth, some splendid goals from Falmouth including a scissor kick which my grandson did enjoy. But again Falmouth certainly had to work for their wages this evening!

15 minutes ago, Big Clints said:

Stood up to be counted tho Fair Play to them !!   Lots of  sides only play friendlies they know they can win some try to test themselves  against higher opposition , was good experience for their youngsters ??

Agreed, very easy to think because you've spanked a lot of mediocre teams in pre season you'll walk the league, when in actual fact you'll have a rude awakening!