Cornwall Football Forum

St. Blazey Nickname

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

I've always thought of them as "Green & Blacks", but never knew for sure it was the club's official nickname.

After 40 years association and 19 years as Chairman knowing ourselves as Green and Blacks, I have been told that recent influx of players decided to be known as The Bears'

To me this smacks of youth football and totally dis-respects tradition. Anyone agree with me?

On 08/07/2017 at 13:08, ex-chairman said:

After 40 years association and 19 years as Chairman knowing ourselves as Green and Blacks, I have been told that recent influx of players decided to be known as The Bears'

To me this smacks of youth football and totally dis-respects tradition. Anyone agree with me?

I am reliably informed that the Blazey Bears was a nickname dreamed up by the second team players some three or four seasons ago. It never caught on with the supporters or more senior players and died an unmourned death soon thereafter. I am amazed that anybody still remembers it, let alone has just heard of it!

Green and Blacks it should remain, just like the yummy chocolate that it long predates!

What's in a Nickname

Depends on your game

Depends on your fame

They are all beginning to sound just a bit Americane(sic)

What's happened to The Citizens, Pensioners, The Lilly-whites and Filberts too?

Good old fashion nicknames

Does their demise make you fill with The Blues?

Long live The Ashes, Clarets, Peppermints and Magpies

A wish perhaps just Fisherman's pie in the sky?

Watching The Seagulls and The Seasiders going about their Ambers

Green and Blacks changed to Bears?

Now just what is The Point?

12 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I am reliably informed that the Blazey Bears was a nickname dreamed up by the second team players some three or four seasons ago. It never caught on with the supporters or more senior players and died an unmourned death soon thereafter. I am amazed that anybody still remembers it, let alone has just heard of it!

Green and Blacks it should remain, just like the yummy chocolate that it long predates!

I hope the new Manager reads.

10 hours ago, ex-chairman said:

I hope the new Manager reads.

I'm told that he can. He's an educated man! You don't get to his position by being illiterate!

I didn't realise that you were intimate with him, but you seem to know his innermost thoughts where nicknames are involved. Care to enlighten us on his tactics and management plans?

On 10/07/2017 at 20:29, Bruegel the Elder said:

I'm told that he can. He's an educated man! You don't get to his position by being illiterate!

I didn't realise that you were intimate with him, but you seem to know his innermost thoughts where nicknames are involved. Care to enlighten us on his tactics and management plans?

Hi Bruegel don't know why you are going off on this tack as I have never claimed to have the inside info. you are talking about.

The Manager used the nickname "The Bears" on a tweet and I merely question the validity.

Things are taking shape off the pitch. I've been down there all week and so many people have worked really hard to get the place looking decent. A few more weeks to finish off a few bits. Hopefully a few supporters will return next season.