Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL TEAM SQUAD

Cornwall play the RAF at St Blazey next Wednesday in the South and West Counties Championship with a 7.30pm kick-off.

The 18-man squad is dominated by Bodmin players (11) and Falmouth Town (5).

Once again the manager is Ray Nicholls, Trevor Mewton is his assistant.

The full squad is: Kevin Miller, Paul Madden, Leigh Underhay, Darren Gilbert, Steve Simmonds, Danny Bance, Danny O'Hagan, Huw Morgan, Steve Ovens, Nick Campbell and Paul Baker (all Bodmin Town); Matt Cusack, Aaron Cusack, Jamie Morrison-Hill, Glen Squires and Brinton Nute (all Falmouth Town); Andy Butcher (Penryn) and Kevin Lawrence (Porthleven).

THE CORNWALL SQUAD FOR THE SOUTH WEST COUNTIES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH WITH THE ROYAL AIR FORCE AT BLAISE PARK. I THINK IT IS TO BE PLAYED ON WEDNESDAY 5TH DECEMBER AT 7.30PM.

KEVIN MILLER, PAUL MADDEN, LEIGH UNDERHAY, STEVE SIMMONDS, DANNY BANCE, HUW MORGAN, NICK CAMPBELL, DARREN GILBERT, DANNY O HAGEN, STEVE OVENS, PAUL BAKER (BODMIN)

BRINTON NUTE, MATT CUSACK, AARAN CUSACK, JAMIE MORRISON HILL, GLEN SQUIRES (FALMOUTH)

KEVIN LAWRENCE (PORTHLEVEN) ANDY BUTCHER (PENRYN)

WELL TRURO MAY DOMINATE RADIO CORNWALL BUT THEY DO NOT DOMINATE THE CORNISH TEAM. NOT ONE TRURO PLAYER IN THE SQUAD! I THINK THIS IS GOOD FOR CORNISH FOOTBALL!

Guest Terrier Tom

WELL TRURO MAY DOMINATE RADIO CORNWALL BUT THEY DO NOT DOMINATE THE CORNISH TEAM. NOT ONE TRURO PLAYER IN THE SQUAD! I THINK THIS IS GOOD FOR CORNISH FOOTBALL!

Contracted players are not allowed to represent a County side; this may begin to explain it john! This is an FA stipulation and nothing to do with clubs.

:blink: :c:

Guest Sullivan

Bitterness is back! If Truro allowed their players to play for Cornwall they would supply over half the players. So the Cornwall squad would be Truro & Bodmin combined. They could be called Trurodmin or something :D

Nanks, you must be cornish as you have played for nearly every club down here !!Can't you stay at one club instead of moving around every few months? Or is it that they let you go after theve seen you play?

Why would you begrudge any Truro player cornish or otherwise playing for the county if they were able. I think thats illegal to exclude on race, creed or nationality isn' it? I am sure most of them would want to if they were not contracted. Its the FA that won't allow contracted players to be in the county side, nothing to do with their club. However saying that I doubt if Truro would release them anyway which is more the pity.

Who are you playing for now? Come the new year I expect you will be on the move again, right or wrong?????

Guest Peppermint

Completely uncalled for Fireman. Perhaps when you have thought about this outburst an apology would be in order to Nanks.

Nanks always gives 100% on the field for whatever club he represents and there a lot more players who have played for more clubs!

I don't know why but why the abuse simply because someone mentioned Truro players not in the County Squad - as Tommy Matthews quite rightly stated contract players cannot play for the County. Why then all the vitriol from City supporters when someone was just making an observation.

It is fairly obvious to anyone that follows football that City would supply a good number of the County squad if rules permitted them to play.

no i agree my first comment was wrong about truro! contracted players are not allowed to play for the county! if they could i would pick Jake Ash. He is a great player who was discovered by Falmouth! Who else plays for truro first team that is cornish? who is nanks? who does he play for?

Who plays for Falmouth who comes from Falmouth? Who plays for Liskeard who lives in Liskeard? Who is from Saltash who plays for Saltash? Does it honestly matter where Truro's players come from? No not at all.

As for who asking who Nanks is - that just suggests you actually know little about Senior football in Cornwall!

This topic is about the Cornwall squad, not Truro City!

Bloody hell, I have touched a nerve havnt I?!! My opinion is that you should be Cornish to play for Cornwall. You dont see Scottish players playing for Engalnd or the Welsh playing for Ireland.

And Firman, how the hell have I upset you?

ryan giggs plays for wales born in england i beleive???