Cornwall Football Forum

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH 2017/18 FIXTURES

Truro City kick off their new season on Sat 5th August with a home game against Welling followed by an away game to Gloucester City on Monday 7th. Other games in August include Sat 12th Concorde Rangers away,  Tues 15th Bath City h,  Sat 19th Eastbourne Borough h,  Sat 26th Chelmsford City a,  Mon 28th Weston Super Mare h. Christmas brings Gloucester City to Treyew Road on Sat Dec 23rd and Boxing Day brings a nice little local derby away to Poole Town with the fixture reversed on New Years Day. The full fixture list can be found on the Truro City website or in this weeks Sunday Independent.

15 minutes ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

Looking forward to seeing how we get on this season compared to a dismal season last time around.

Unless there is a infux of top quality players,soon,we all know what sort a season we will have.

Because it will mean ,Truro will have a pretty average squad,with a struggling manager at this level.

Big question ,will be if TCFC dont start the season well.How long will it take the Chairman to put Chris Todd in charge.

21 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Unless there is a infux of top quality players,soon,we all know what sort a season we will have.

Because it will mean ,Truro will have a pretty average squad,with a struggling manager at this level.

Big question ,will be if TCFC dont start the season well.How long will it take the Chairman to put Chris Todd in charge.

A few good players mentioned in today's West Briton. However time will tell whether those signings actually happen.

16 hours ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

I believe the mentioned players are Tyler Harvey, Connor Riley-Lowe, Papa Gueye, Billy Palfrey and Ryan Lane. It's one thing being linked with these players. However, if we managed to get in some, if not all, of these players then that would be a huge help.

All very nice,but Tyler and Connor will be looking for contracts at least at National League level,and will only join TCFC at the last resort.

The others,well they are just names.

We have 5 days to go,to the first PSF,and I think we have 12 players signed up and one of them is the assistant manager.

It will be the same pre-season as last year.We have our contract players signed up,the rest of the squad will be made up .of what was best in the PSF.

6 hours ago, somersetspur said:

All very nice,but Tyler and Connor will be looking for contracts at least at National League level,and will only join TCFC at the last resort.

The others,well they are just names.

We have 5 days to go,to the first PSF,and I think we have 12 players signed up and one of them is the assistant manager.

It will be the same pre-season as last year.We have our contract players signed up,the rest of the squad will be made up .of what was best in the PSF.

You can see why they would look for contracts at National League level as they are clearly good enough to play at that level, and possibly higher. However I don't think they'd be that disrespectful Dave and see Truro as a last resort. They are better than that. Or at least I hope they are anyway.

Pre season is now getting closer and closer. Players signed on is most definitely a worry. However, I still believe we are in a slight better position than perhaps what we finished with last season. Only time will tell how pre season plays out and who we get signed on.

Sensible change, eliminates bank holiday driving, spectators and players can comfortably enjoy New Year with their friends and family and YES it should improve the attendance. It is possible Poole Town supporters may enjoy the possibility of an away day during a time of celebration.