Cornwall Football Forum

County Youth trials update - still not too late!

Dave Deacon

Great turn out at the first County Youth  trial last night at Cornwall College (Camborne).

Over 40 players which is the most I've seen at one trial evening in the three seasons I've been involved.

Team manager Glynn Hooper decided that it wouldn't be fair to judge purely on the evening's activity and will delay any squad announcement until the second week of August which allows himself and his coaching staff time to watch the players in club matches and be able to talk to their managers where necessary.

Glynn was quick to comment that the standard was once again impressive with many good quality players on show.

Having said that we are always keen to ensure no stone is left uncovered which is why there are two further Open Trials spread around the county.

The next one is in mid Cornwall,   Thursday evening (July 6th) at Brannel School, St Stephen, starting at 6.30pm

It is not too late to attend this trial, but it is helpful for Glynn to know in advance and is therefore asking for any interested player to contact either Richard Pallot or Claire Summer-Evans at the Cornwall FA. 

Amongst various options available, this can be by done by email to claire.summers-evans@cornwallfa.com or 
Richard.pallot@cornwallfa.com 

It would also be helpful to provide what position the player prefers - that is specifically - for example left back, rather than just defender etc.

If you need any further information please don't hesitate to contact me as well either by commenting on here or via my mobile 07759 502408

There is nothing to stop players from last night's trial attending the next two remaining open trials.

But again, it would be helpful for Glynn to know in advance. ?