• BOUNCY CASTLE
  • BBQ
  • REFRESHMENTS INCLUDING CANDY FLOSS/ICE CREAM
  • LIVE BAND
  • MAJORETTES
  • RAFFLE.. TOP PRIZES
  • 4 LOCAL TEAMS BATTLING OUT FOR THE 3 FOOT TROPHY 
  • GAMES ARE STRAIGHT TO PENALTIES IF DRAWING AFTER 90
  • PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT AND TOP GOALSCORER TROPHIES (PRESENTED BY MARK RAPSEY)

ALL IN ALL SHAPING UP TO BE A TOP WEEK... 

No automatic alt text available.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Good crowd watching 3 good games today. Nice to see so many young players playing a good standard of competitive football.even the sun came out during the afternoon

A fairly good crowd watching today. On my approach I did think there was more though judging by the amount of cars that were dotted around in the car park and outside. The first game between Redruth United and St Day was better than the second game between Illogan and Holmans. Fair play to all four teams who played some decent stuff at times. The highlight for me was a cracking goal by Connor Arthur for Illogan. Unstoppable finish. Fair play to Holmans who never gave up against Illogan. They even created some good chances themselves.

I cannot disagree with above comments. I felt it was a good day, the pitch in particular was I really good condition, considering the downpour over the last 2 days. 

Redruth v St Day was certainly the better game and I look forward to watching the other games this week. 

I am glad I do not play anymore, I wouldn't cope with a referee, like the one refereeing the Redruth v St day game. I do not know what St day had to do, to get even a corner out of him. A mini Hitler I heard somebody call him. 

Anyway, a great day and I hope more to come. 

Winston, as referee's we can only referee to what the players want, if they wish to play outside the Laws then we can only answer with free kicks and cards, if on the other hand both teams want to lay football then everything is much easier for everyone, I was not at the game but looking at the fixture it would seem to be a good local derby and I would think that's how it was played.

1 hour ago, winston said:

I cannot disagree with above comments. I felt it was a good day, the pitch in particular was I really good condition, considering the downpour over the last 2 days. 

Redruth v St Day was certainly the better game and I look forward to watching the other games this week. 

I am glad I do not play anymore, I wouldn't cope with a referee, like the one refereeing the Redruth v St day game. I do not know what St day had to do, to get even a corner out of him. A mini Hitler I heard somebody call him. 

Anyway, a great day and I hope more to come. 

Who if any looking favourites ? 

A mini hitler ???????????????im spitting here . Well hosted credit to RUtd first game was better than second but very proud of all the youngsters Holmans are playing. I'm not biased ? Had a great laugh in the Gary Sturmey gazebo better known after today as the dry house.?? And not because of the weather? Great to catch up with some of the gents ??well done R Utd I'm sure the next few days and weekend will be just as good. As for favourites can't  now see anything but a battle between the Saints & Illogan . Good luck to all.  Cmon Holmans let's get some goals mid week?

The ref in question was Dave Bartlum & its probably not best to discuss officials on a public forum or let it overshadow what is meant to be a pre season friendly & celebratory tournament. 

Well done to everybody involved with the tournament, it's superbly organised & as previously mentioned, the pitch held up really well. It was nice to get a runout in a very competitive game, with lots of skill and passion on display. I'm gutted not to make the other two fixtures, due to a holiday,  but may the best team win ⚽ ? 

As from a Redruth Utd perspective I would like to thank all 3 officials for helping make yesterday a successful day for football with lots of people watching and enjoying 3 good games of football in typical Cornish weather. As well as the football it was about the community getting together and I think that was a good advert for local football

9 hours ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

Well this was my second visit to Clijah for the Darren Lewarne Trophy, and I have to say I was disappointed yet again. No bouncy castle anywhere to be seen. :mellow:

Have to agree with dinho no bouncy castle as promised although if it's anyone local supplying it  I'm banned from going on them . I don't know why ?  Great result for Holmans last night well done lads ?

Once again popped up to clijah to watch the game between Illogan & St Day very well organised again the only let down was the footy itself. It was very frustrating at times to see some very good players barely able to make a 2 yd pass but before i get a slating off them all,  all the same it was a local derby & a few tasty tackles flew in to keep the punters happy, hard & most of the time fair. 

I think to be fair St Day did edge proceedings but had no real end product, thought the stocky lad up top for them worked very hard but had no one else to help him. For Illogan both abbos looked comfortable all game & appreciate they were short Illogan but would like to of seen them further forward at times.  Really well officiated by TOM HOGARTH:yahoo:who all game decided who what & where the game should be played.   Once again well done Redruth Utd I'm enjoying this roll on sat. 

oooops forgot to mention i think Dennis Annear was there last night to spot the young local talent unfortunately he only signed Mrs Widdershoven up as tea lady for the county youth:thumbsup: I'm joking I'm joking

Holmans just went back 3 seasons in90 mins at Lewarne trophy today. 

After 3 down in 20 mins we play a St Day player because we only have 11 players & ones injured couldn't watch no more .  Final score I'm told 10-1 St Day.

Appreciate the kind gesture of St Day & player but would not of played anyone not from our club. Rather lose 15-1 . 

Please don't come back with its only a friendly if you do you haven't watched the last week. Once again congrats to RUtd & all concerned 

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

After 3 down in 20 mins we play a St Day player because we only have 11 players & ones injured couldn't watch no more .  Final score I'm told 10-1 St Day.

Appreciate the kind gesture of St Day & player but would not of played anyone not from our club. Rather lose 15-1 . 

Please don't come back with its only a friendly if you do you haven't watched the last week. Once again congrats to RUtd & all concerned 

Technically true about the 3 years marksy as you missed my cameo in the 2nd half ?.....Rome not built in a day Dave give Jez a chance players to come back In that have foolishly escaped the Cornish mizzle in search of sunshine abroad.....'and it's only a friendly' ?

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

I have to agree it was like watching a Sunday league outfit for the majority of the game! And if it wasn't for st day lending multilple players throughout the game and taking the micky infront of the goal it could of easily been 15+! Long old season ahead for holmans who look favourites for relegation!

stayed for the second game which was much better. What an earth was that referee wearing though!? Bright lime green top hanging down around his knees isn't there any sort of standard that these officials to be adhering to? Almost matched his decision making, 2 penalties award in the opening 10 minutes, the first being very very soft, and the second an obvious collection from the keeper but gave it against him, mind boggling! Tackles getting heated, he left far to much go and it ended In a few handbags!

10 minutes ago, Sijames said:

I have to agree it was like watching a Sunday league outfit for the majority of the game! And if it wasn't for st day lending multilple players throughout the game and taking the micky infront of the goal it could of easily been 15+! Long old season ahead for holmans who look favourites for relegation!

stayed for the second game which was much better. What an earth was that referee wearing though!? Bright lime green top hanging down around his knees isn't there any sort of standard that these officials to be adhering to? Almost matched his decision making, 2 penalties award in the opening 10 minutes, the first being very very soft, and the second an obvious collection from the keeper but gave it against him, mind boggling! Tackles getting heated, he left far to much go and it ended In a few handbags!

Brilliant comment! yes poor but I believe the 'Sunday league outfit' beat Redruth on Tuesday so on that logical thinking Redruth must also be relegation faves as well...which personally I don't think they are before the abuse starts!!!.......shit day for Holmans yes but let's not start judging what will happen in may just yet from the ivory towers ?

Totally agree Neil , I have indulged  numerous comments today from those who have only watched 1 game in 3 lol, great judgement!!  Jez and Graham have a big task in front of them but they are trying to produce young talent through Cornish football, sorry  if that disappoints some individuals but they should be applauded. Thank you Redruth United for a well organised tournament, congratulations to Illogan RBL . For those who have watched our first two displays you would have recognized on how well the lads have conductive themselves, 60% have never played senior football.  It has provided our youngsters a  real taste of senior football and for that it has been totally worthwhile.  Well done to you all!!!

6 hours ago, riggins74 said:

Totally agree Neil , I have indulged  numerous comments today from those who have only watched 1 game in 3 lol, great judgement!!  Jez and Graham have a big task in front of them but they are trying to produce young talent through Cornish football, sorry  if that disappoints some individuals but they should be applauded. Thank you Redruth United for a well organised tournament, congratulations to Illogan RBL . For those who have watched our first two displays you would have recognized on how well the lads have conductive themselves, 60% have never played senior football.  It has provided our youngsters a  real taste of senior football and for that it has been totally worthwhile.  Well done to you all!!!

Well done to all team's, St.day played the way that the can do when they put there mind's to it and holmans had a off day. Like Reno said they competed well in the other games ansd all team had good young talent on show. Well done to everyone who was involved in organizing the tournament and I would also like to thank Jamie Chown for stepping in as linesman yesterday.

On 21/07/2017 at 22:31, S Abbo said:

Pitch is in great condition....dont shy away people there will be shelter.. 

Willy7.. be positive 

Thank god for your positivity Abbo.lol

15 hours ago, Pitty said:

Technically true about the 3 years marksy as you missed my cameo in the 2nd half ?.....Rome not built in a day Dave give Jez a chance players to come back In that have foolishly escaped the Cornish mizzle in search of sunshine abroad.....'and it's only a friendly' ?

No arguments with jez or Graham Neil I just wouldn't turn up with 11 & I certainly in a tournament like that would not play a player from the opposition. 10 men or 7 I would not do it . I was delighted to see the young Holmans side last week who have been praised for the efforts put in and how well they performed against Illogan. Missed the win over Utd & expected to lose to St Day as they are strong & physical & good . But not in that manner . This is not about anything other than my two points made  Numbers. & an outside player. When I arrived at Holmans  4 seasons ago they could not raise a team on most weeks for the 1st s & anyone around would do on the day . Yesterday looked like 4 seasons ago. Rant over.   

Im delighted the youngsters are there etc etc & they are a talented bunch who I very much hope will stay at the club for years to cement a foundation . 

Congrats to Mikey and Illogan for becoming the first winners, and what a great trophy!!! Presented by Darren in the pouring rain! Can't believe it's 25 years since the clubs formation!! Half my life ago! Best wishes to Daz in the future. Thanks to Neal for asking me to present the top scorer and player of the tournament trophies, lovely to catch up with some old friends I've not seen for a while, absolutely love football for that! Shame about the weather but Clijah was looking great yesterday and I'm sure it's a tournament that will go from strength to strength with some great local clubs involved. Good luck for the season ?⚽️

Gutted I couldn't be there, yesterday,  but I am on holiday, like most of Holmans apparently. 

Having played a bit in the first match and witnessed Illogan v Holmans,  there was lots of talent on show, especially in the Holmans side. The tournament was very well organised and will only get better.  

Well done to all involved ?