Cornwall Football Forum

Pre Season Friendlies

Wednesday 12th July - Bodmin Town (A) 7:45PM KO

Tuesday 18th July - Tiverton Town (A) 7:45PM KO

Friday 28th July - Torquay United (A) 7:45PM KO

As far as I'm aware these fixtures are the only confirmed games before the start of the new National League South season. I know many people will have their own opinions, but for me 3 games isn't enough in preparation for what will be a tough and competitive league. With the club wanting to improve on last season and really make a go of it this time around, I would've thought at least 5 or 6 games are needed. You'd think at least half of those would need to be against quality opposition in the league above, if not higher. I do hope we get another couple of friendlies confirmed before the season starts at the beginning of August.

13 minutes ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

Wednesday 12th July - Bodmin Town (A) 7:45PM KO

Tuesday 18th July - Tiverton Town (A) 7:45PM KO

Friday 28th July - Torquay United (A) 7:45PM KO

As far as I'm aware these fixtures are the only confirmed games before the start of the new National League South season. I know many people will have their own opinions, but for me 3 games isn't enough in preparation for what will be a tough and competitive league. With the club wanting to improve on last season and really make a go of it this time around, I would've thought at least 5 or 6 games are needed. You'd think at least half of those would need to be against quality opposition in the league above, if not higher. I do hope we get another couple of friendlies confirmed before the season starts at the beginning of August.

Boreham Wood on 8th July, Falmouth Town on 15th July

18 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Boreham Wood on 8th July, Falmouth Town on 15th July

I only found out yesterday through a member of the Supporters Club that the Boreham Wood game has been cancelled. After looking on the Truro City website they have removed it from their list of friendlies. However, they are hoping to have something else in place. That'll have to be sorted fairly soon as it's only just over a week away. The Falmouth Town fixture has just been confirmed by Falmouth Town on their Twitter page. It's taking place at Treyew Road on Saturday 15th July with a 3PM KO.

30 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

How about a friendly between Plymouth Argyle like they do most years be a good omen for Plymouth because they went up this season and they played at Truro so why change the prepartion

100%cornish, I totally agree. Not so fussed about the Plymouth Argyle side of things. But it would certainly be good preparation for Truro City getting in a game against quality opposition. I'm sure both teams would give each other a test and help them prepare for the season ahead.

I have been away for nearly 3 weeks,and expected to come home with news of a few new quality signings,and the Truro squad taking a bit of shape.

But as usual the whole atmosphere around the Club is depressing.

As far as I can see we have signed just one player recently,Ben Harding who is a 32 year old midfielder who comes from a Club who had a worst season than TCFC and got relegated.Gosport.

Aaron Dawson decided to stay at Gosport,even though they were relegated,despite TCFC trying to get him back.

On the Official Website under TEAM,we have SEVEN PLAYERS.

Other club's are pulling out of PSF's,and no big teams are being scheduled.I think so far we play Falmouth,Bodmin,Tiverton and Pete's Torquay.

Good reason,not to play any big teams is ,with TCFC squad at the moment we would struggle to beat anyone.

I can see maybe another couple of average signings,then its the usual,apprentices and youth players from the local League sides.

Also heard that some interested sponsor's have refused to accept TCFC offers to come aboard,because Lee Hodges is still the manager,and cant see much changing from last season.

Oh well,another long hard season,looks to be on the cards.At least TISA will be making money for their Charities.

35 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

I have been away for nearly 3 weeks,and expected to come home with news of a few new quality signings,and the Truro squad taking a bit of shape.

As far as I can see we have signed just one player recently,Ben Harding who is a 32 year old midfielder who comes from a Club who had a worst season than TCFC and got relegated.Gosport.

Aaron Dawson decided to stay at Gosport,even though they were relegated,despite TCFC trying to get him back.

Other club's are pulling out of PSF's,and no big teams are being scheduled.I think so far we play Falmouth,Bodmin,Tiverton and Pete's Torquay.

Good reason,not to play any big teams is ,with TCFC squad at the moment we would struggle to beat anyone.

I can see maybe another couple of average signings,then its the usual,apprentices and youth players from the local League sides.

Also heard that some interested sponsor's have refused to accept TCFC offers to come aboard,because Lee Hodges is still the manager,and cant see much changing from last season.

Oh well,another long hard season,looks to be on the cards.At least TISA will be making money for their Charities.

The website list says you have seven players. Do you mean the one that doesn't include the new players Yetton, Copp, Palmer and Harding. Also Chris Todd plays so that makes it at least 12. I suspect they are also trying with others. Sometimes you have to wait for the better players, because they might be trying to get a deal with a club in a higher league.

You are being unfair on Harding, as he was with Gosport the season before when they did well but he obviously was one if the few to stick around. He has played for mk dons, Northampton and torquay so can't be that bad.

You have been gone nearly 3 weeks, you must have forgotten to take your happy pills with you Somerset because it's only depressing when you pipe up.

8 minutes ago, HTFC said:

The website list says you have seven players. Do you mean the one that doesn't include the new players Yetton, Copp, Palmer and Harding. Also Chris Todd plays so that makes it at least 12. I suspect they are also trying with others. Sometimes you have to wait for the better players, because they might be trying to get a deal with a club in a higher league.

You are being unfair on Harding, as he was with Gosport the season before when they did well but he obviously was one if the few to stick around. He has played for mk dons, Northampton and torquay so can't be that bad.

You have been gone nearly 3 weeks, you must have forgotten to take your happy pills with you Somerset because it's only depressing when you pipe up.

We will wait,and we will see.

And TISA will continue to make money for Charity,from you sort of people who live in the fantasy world.

Bottom half of the table,no play-offs.

Want to contribute,to good causes.???????????????????????????????

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 09:55, golong said:

cardiff?

I really can't understand why we aren't playing Cardiff. A missed opportunity to be honest. When you've got a team of that quality coming down you've got to take advantage. It would give Truro and Cardiff good preparation for the season ahead.

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

To be honest Dave the Ben Harding signing could become quite a good one. If he played against Truro last season, he never stood out. But that was because he was playing in such a poor team. If he had the players around him here at Truro, I think he'd be a quality addition and show his class. He's clearly got something about him otherwise he wouldn't have played for the clubs he has done so far.

I'm glad we didn't get Aaron Dawson back. We need to move forwards and on to pastures new. From my point of view it would be nice to get players in who perhaps haven't played for Truro before.

I still believe more signings are on the way. With the addition of those new players and other loan signings, depending on the quality they bring, may well determine whether this coming season will be any different to last.

26 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Could Ben Harding be one for the future?

I mean Manager.

-----------------------------------------------------

Has work started on Silver Bow?

Stables.

Ivor behave yourself, - stop clowning about :yahoo:

Any news on season ticket sales.?????

Last I heard they went past last seasons ,total sales.

Not difficult,seem there were none.

Add Wells City to the list, 22nd July away. Heard City were making an approach for Older to sign on but had the request turned down as Penryn had beaten them to it. SS is already on stand by, I saw him down Malletts getting some nails to attach his new studs.:thumbsup: Who are ya

On 29/06/2017 at 13:26, Rayvon said:

Add Wells City to the list, 22nd July away. Heard City were making an approach for Older to sign on but had the request turned down as Penryn had beaten them to it. SS is already on stand by, I saw him down Malletts getting some nails to attach his new studs.:thumbsup: Who are ya

I  had a substantial offer to join Truro a few years ago ....but  - NOT FOR SALE.

• 2 weeks later...