Cornwall Football Forum

Do current Trelawny Clubs want to see more teams enter next season into the leagues? I've seen a lot of discussion about it and would be interested to see what the 'publics' opinion is on it before the AGM this week, vote away!  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Simple Yes / No

• YES
    • NO

9 minutes ago, B_D said:

:ninja::thumbsup: I've got banter in me... Somewhere lol

May I point you in the direction of the League Constitution and the Handbook please. This is all covered in there :)

look deep inside you then :-)

not an issue for me as team not affected by any of this, I was responding your glib comment about constitution of numbers in league...and yet the league did not uphold this constitution, (no matter what the vote said the constitution is there to be followed) yes i am sitting next to a friend who is a lawyer :-) i wouldn't know any of this myself...lol...

1 minute ago, Footballfollower said:

look deep inside you then :-)

not an issue for me as team not affected by any of this, I was responding your glib comment about constitution of numbers in league...and yet the league did not uphold this constitution, (no matter what the vote said the constitution is there to be followed) yes i am sitting next to a friend who is a lawyer :-) i wouldn't know any of this myself...lol...

The constitution has been upheld. It is written in a way to accomodate for this exact situation (not enough teams). I'm afraid you're clutching at straws here :P

Looking at the sides left from Div 4 last season, plus the newly elected sides and The Lizard dropping down, I think it is a great spaced out Division in the terms of where the clubs are based. No going to Clijah Croft every other week.

Forget the moaning minnies, I am going to enjoy the season and visits to the new grounds.

footballfollower thank you for your comments/support but TMS committee will look at decision after disappointing decision not to elected our 2nds into league....and decide next steps.

my first team is looking really strong this year and really looking forward to new season In Div 1....

football is all about opinions ⚽?

The constitution is very clear under section 2 (subject to 12b) of the league rules and has been fully upheld. This is totally an issue over votes by constituent clubs - there are some ambiguities over promotions / relegations but clubs knew that when voting.

I was not at the meeting but clearly something went 'wrong' with the TMS bid for a second team - I actually thought  they would get in as in a large catchment area and not in direct 'completion' to other teams for players?

Fish - if you are struggling to give game time to players, St Agnes / Probus and St Erme are all close for Truro based players and I'm sure could accommodate them. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

The constitution is very clear under section 2 (subject to 12b) of the league rules and has been fully upheld. This is totally an issue over votes by constituent clubs - there are some ambiguities over promotions / relegations but clubs knew that when voting.

I was not at the meeting but clearly something went 'wrong' with the TMS bid for a second team - I actually thought  they would get in as in a large catchment area and not in direct 'completion' to other teams for players?

Fish - if you are struggling to give game time to players, St Agnes / Probus and St Erme are all close for Truro based players and I'm sure could accommodate them. 

Yes indeed we at St Erme echo these words!

I was in the AGM yesterday and all clubs were given plenty of time to put their cases across. Following that there was plenty of time for clubs to discuss when those applying had left the room.  Even the League President said if anyone has anything to say, say it now.  People inside that room know what was said.

The clubs voted in accordance with the league rules and that was the outcome. 

There was one member who spoke up after the vote was made about another club but it had already taken place so that club was let in despite concerns.

TMS Res were then offered by the League to apply again next year. 

Just like the two seasons ago when Madron Res were not allowed back in. 

So basically every team that applied got voted in apart from TMS reserves? Stinks a bit don't it? Apply again next season? Not much good to the boys that have just turned 16 and wanted to play for that club where they presumably knew the coaches? They will have drifted off to other teams or lost interest altogether in a years time I would have thought?! Can anyone shed any light on why they were not voted in ?? 

3 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

cheeky ? we have a fall back plan to join the Sunday league with our second team. We are considering an appeal....but might not be worth it mate. One way or another we will have a second team next year....?

I am gutted for those at Threemilestone who I'm sure worked hard to get everything in place so they could successfully run a reserve team once again. In my opinion they should appeal the decision. I know the league member clubs get to vote on these issues, as they are entitled to do so. But surely there must come a point where the league feel the need to step in?!

15 minutes ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

I am gutted for those at Threemilestone who I'm sure worked hard to get everything in place so they could successfully run a reserve team once again. In my opinion they should appeal the decision. I know the league member clubs get to vote on these issues, as they are entitled to do so. But surely there must come a point where the league feel the need to step in?!

You have to remember that the league have to adhere to the rules aswell as the clubs. The decisions at the AGM can't be changed. I have spoken privately with someone representing Threemilestone about appealing, but as per league rules, they cannot appeal a decision made at an AGM or SGM unless they feel they have "unconstitutional grounds". I've given them guidance on the matter.

The club representatives asked questions and answers were given. The main concern was regarding Threemilestone's problems last season (Reserves folding, lack of players etc). Unfortunately for Threemilestone, the majority of the clubs decided that entry for them was not the correct thing to do on this occasion.

What I will say to Threemilestone is they have a good chance now to prove a point to the member clubs that voted against them joining. For me personally, I would be considering entering a team into the Sunday league and the Flexi-football league. Then next season, go again. It does ask the questions as to where the youngsters will play their football on a Saturday, hopefully the club can use a few of them.

It is unfortunate and I do feel for those at Threemilestone who will feel let down by the decision of the member clubs. But I will also commend the way they have responded to it.

With anything, you will always get a number of views on the matter.

29 minutes ago, Fish said:

cheeky ? we have a fall back plan to join the Sunday league with our second team. We are considering an appeal....but might not be worth it mate. One way or another we will have a second team next year....?

Fish - I know all the effort you put into TMS and your initial move there was at the time of planning for a Reserve team with your youth team. My comment was more to encourage those lads affected not to be too disappointed - most clubs would happily give them game time - if your plan is Sunday football, great it keeps them playing. 

I don't think an appeal would help you as the discussions between the teams voting don't appear in the minutes (well they didn't last time I was there) - only the number of votes for/against (not which clubs they were). One can only assume there were legacy issues about TMS - but why you and not the others is only known by those in the room voting. Good luck if you do though. 

How many clubs in the Trelawny? Say 40.

Too refuse entry to TMS Reserves you would need 21 of them to vote against them.

How many teams left in Div 4 from last season - 7 including Lizard who dropped down? Lets say ALL those voted against TMS Reserves as we don't like playing at Malpas. 

My question; What have TMS done to get another 14 sides to vote against allowing their Reserves to join the league?

Yeah good points above gents, just feel a bit for TMS as it's a completely different regime there now and it was always a good friendly club with nice hard working people like Phil Pascoe who were not far off Combo football and had their ground taken off them, a mass player exodus, almost no teams, managed to continue with one bravely getting a few thrashings along the way. They've now got a chance to build the club up again and are being denied it. Also trying to get their own ground back, although Malpas is probably one of the better surfaces in that league I would imagine bar Penlee Park. Seems wrong and a shame to me especially with an uneven league! Give them a chance I say. Be a shame if some decent youngsters were lost to the game. Would say B-D that they may have some "unconstitutional grounds" on this one with every other team getting in bar them, I would say that's "victimisation" of a sort? Got to be honest it's got nothing to to with me whatsoever, but looking at it as an outsider it seems to stink a bit!! The Trelawny League seems an excellently run one since its amalgamation, I believe they should step in on this occasion. 

5 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Yeah good points above gents, just feel a bit for TMS as it's a completely different regime there now and it was always a good friendly club with nice hard working people like Phil Pascoe who were not far off Combo football and had their ground taken off them, a mass player exodus, almost no teams, managed to continue with one bravely getting a few thrashings along the way. They've now got a chance to build the club up again and are being denied it. Also trying to get their own ground back, although Malpas is probably one of the better surfaces in that league I would imagine bar Penlee Park. Seems wrong and a shame to me especially with an uneven league! Give them a chance I say. Be a shame if some decent youngsters were lost to the game. Would say B-D that they may have some "unconstitutional grounds" on this one with every other team getting in bar them, I would say that's "victimisation" of a sort? Got to be honest it's got nothing to to with me whatsoever, but looking at it as an outsider it seems to stink a bit!! The Trelawny League seems an excellently run one since its amalgamation, I believe they should step in on this occasion. 

I think you could argue that point for most clubs/teams who haven't been successful with their entry to the league.

On a personal note, I am disappointed that Threemilestone missed out. The main concern for the clubs who voted against their entry was because of their situation last season. I'll be honest, at the start of this evolution in the meeting and with what was being said, I looked to my left and said "We could be down to 4 divisions here". I think that club members are just worried about the potential impact that the new teams could have on their clubs. We can't blame them for that. 

Obviously if Threemilestone want to appeal, they have the right to do so. 

Hard lines for TMS , but the clubs , YES the clubs voted against them , which is the rules of the Trelawney League ,  I voted to Remain in Europe but lost that one so have to move on . Good move to go into the Sunday league and if successful  will prove doubters wrong and they can apply again with hopefully a better outcome next year , Good luck to TMS and all involved and hope you can move back home in the not to distant future .

Surely there must be a club who has struggled for numbers who are willing to invite them en mass and develop them. Or is it a question that the people running this U'16 side are a bit precious and possessive and don't want to lose control of them? Could be a good project to take them and let them grow together and watch them rise thru the leagues. Or if they are that good, why can't they play for TMS first team?

3 hours ago, B_D said:

You have to remember that the league have to adhere to the rules aswell as the clubs. The decisions at the AGM can't be changed. I have spoken privately with someone representing Threemilestone about appealing, but as per league rules, they cannot appeal a decision made at an AGM or SGM unless they feel they have "unconstitutional grounds". I've given them guidance on the matter.

The club representatives asked questions and answers were given. The main concern was regarding Threemilestone's problems last season (Reserves folding, lack of players etc). Unfortunately for Threemilestone, the majority of the clubs decided that entry for them was not the correct thing to do on this occasion.

What I will say to Threemilestone is they have a good chance now to prove a point to the member clubs that voted against them joining. For me personally, I would be considering entering a team into the Sunday league and the Flexi-football league. Then next season, go again. It does ask the questions as to where the youngsters will play their football on a Saturday, hopefully the club can use a few of them.

It is unfortunate and I do feel for those at Threemilestone who will feel let down by the decision of the member clubs. But I will also commend the way they have responded to it.

With anything, you will always get a number of views on the matter.

I appreciate the league have to follow rules just like the member clubs do. And it's understandable when you say that decisions made at the AGM can't be changed. However, is there not a point at all where the league can step in and offer their own opinion/advice?

It was unfortunate what happenned regarding Threemilestone Reserves last season. However, fairly surprised at the fact some other clubs have been allowed entry whereas they haven't. They, as far as I've seen on social media, are one of the only clubs who released their plans for their reserve side and where the players were going to come from.

Entering the Sunday League is definitely an option. A route they may well have to go down before trying to enter again next season.

20 minutes ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

I appreciate the league have to follow rules just like the member clubs do. And it's understandable when you say that decisions made at the AGM can't be changed. However, is there not a point at all where the league can step in and offer their own opinion/advice?

It was unfortunate what happenned regarding Threemilestone Reserves last season. However, fairly surprised at the fact some other clubs have been allowed entry whereas they haven't. They, as far as I've seen on social media, are one of the only clubs who released their plans for their reserve side and where the players were going to come from.

Entering the Sunday League is definitely an option. A route they may well have to go down before trying to enter again next season.

It's a Member-Club decision mate, not a Committee decision. At the end of the day, the clubs voted and the majority obviously beats the minority. I can't put it any other way or try and decorate it. The reality is that the clubs (whose league this is - we just manage and administrate it) made a collective decision to allow some clubs entry into the league, but regrettably declined for one club. I hate to say this but I really don't know how else to say it; it is how it is :mellow: I can't put it any other way.

I'm happy to answer any questions that anyone has (to the best of my ability and knowledge (or lack of some might say)) but I don't think it's going to help matters. I already talk to much on this forum as it is :smiley20:

6 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

We at Redruth United were turned down last year with an u 16s team and they up sticks and ironically this season will play in the same division as our reserves

That side your referring to is a lot more than just under 16s!!! 

Sounds pretty crap that every other club got in except Threemilestone!! Remember many years ago Malabar winning the junior cup, the Falmouth/Helston league and cups, got too good for junior football, it was obvious, tried for about 3 seasons to get into the Combo league and the clubs kept voting against them!! The club got so fed up it folded!! Shocking! Is it really that important!? Just let these young lads have a go and if the unlikely event happens that Threemilestone pull out their reserves once again then they would deserve this rejection towards them but everyone has made one mistake in the past ain't they?? Think the Trelawny League has done a great job since it started, jump in and let em in! ?⚽️ Good luck with the 1st team anyway Brian, hope sense is seen regarding your young reserve team mate ?      #lettheboysplay⚽️

On 2017-6-29 at 09:57, cornishteddyboy said:

Looking at the sides left from Div 4 last season, plus the newly elected sides and The Lizard dropping down, I think it is a great spaced out Division in the terms of where the clubs are based. No going to Clijah Croft every other week.

Forget the moaning minnies, I am going to enjoy the season and visits to the new grounds.

And what's wrong with clijah croft ?

10 hours ago, stokefan1 said:

I meant the side that they went too not many of that squad that plays will be from that under 16s team 

No comment about another club just saying we had an u 16s side set up to play and did not get voted in so know how Tms are feeling

21 hours ago, B_D said:

It's a Member-Club decision mate, not a Committee decision. At the end of the day, the clubs voted and the majority obviously beats the minority. I can't put it any other way or try and decorate it. The reality is that the clubs (whose league this is - we just manage and administrate it) made a collective decision to allow some clubs entry into the league, but regrettably declined for one club. I hate to say this but I really don't know how else to say it; it is how it is :mellow: I can't put it any other way.

I'm happy to answer any questions that anyone has (to the best of my ability and knowledge (or lack of some might say)) but I don't think it's going to help matters. I already talk to much on this forum as it is :smiley20:

That's fair enough. Just a bizarre decision to be honest. Threemilestone have real drive and passion this time around so it would've been nice to see them get their Reserves back in the league and see what they can do. Hopefully they keep the same players interested and try again next season.

Perhaps someone from Threemilestone could tell all the people that are supporting there application on here how both teams have faired over the past 3-4 seasons in terms of fulfilling fixtures.  Maybe then they would not feel so hard done by to Threemilestone.  I said two or three months ago they would not get my vote & on the night they were indeed very out voted possibly by about 85%.  I have no dislike to Threemilestone & I hope they stay together this season i.e. Sunday league as stated perhaps in which case I will certainly review my vote next season towards them.

I hold TMS close to my heart being my 1st ever club. But i do feel they have been hard done by. Just look at the other teams that have applied and got in and half of them also folded in the last few seasons Mousehole 3rds, constantine, praze, probus and perranwell have all folded clubs over the last couple of seasons for what ever reason but because TMS only folded last season it is more noticed. Allow TMS in id say they have a better structure this year than they have had in a while.

4 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Perhaps someone from Threemilestone could tell all the people that are supporting there application on here how both teams have faired over the past 3-4 seasons in terms of fulfilling fixtures.  Maybe then they would not feel so hard done by to Threemilestone.  I said two or three months ago they would not get my vote & on the night they were indeed very out voted possibly by about 85%.  I have no dislike to Threemilestone & I hope they stay together this season i.e. Sunday league as stated perhaps in which case I will certainly review my vote next season towards them.

What a sad life you lead 

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Bit harsh! Nothing wrong with giving clear reasons as to how he stands on this issue!

I appreciate that the clubs voted and respect each clubs choice but considering we've got enough players already committed (unlike one of the sides which got voted in) I can't see what harm it's going to do to allow these players into the league,what's the worst that can happen?  The clubs been pretty open about the troubles we've had in the past be it the whole first team leaving,then the problems last season and with us hopefully going back up to play in the village which is getting some momentum. Just seems whenever we think we're starting to turn a corner something bad happens to us and puts us back a couple of steps. Hopefully if we appeal it'll go in our favour,if not then hopefully we can join the Sunday league 

As far as I'm aware you can't appeal. And you clearly never respected my clubs choice otherwise I wouldn't of been given a dig on here by you. Only last thing to add from my perspective people talk and in the end the vote went against you perhaps the influence of certain people in the game would be best looked after and not knocked . Good luck with next season

14 hours ago, MARKSY said:

As far as I'm aware you can't appeal. And you clearly never respected my clubs choice otherwise I wouldn't of been given a dig on here by you. Only last thing to add from my perspective people talk and in the end the vote went against you perhaps the influence of certain people in the game would be best looked after and not knocked . Good luck with next season

Let's move back to football matters and not air dirty laundry in public people.

The vote went against TMS 2nds and that's life, (we don't want to get into a Brexit or Scottish Parliament debate on whether it was right or wrong). There is an appeal process available to teams not successful on constitutional grounds, so TMS committee have discussed this and will let relevant parties know their decision in due course.

Thank you to all the words of support for TMS and most of the other "constructive" comments from people who did not vote for us this time.

TMS will have a second team in one format or other next season, either on Saturday afternoon at Malpas or Sundays at Malpas......all will become clear in next couple of weeks...so watch this space :c:

But for now let's talk football and for my first team at TMS we have our first pre-season match at Perranporth 2nds on Saturday 8th July 1pm kick off.....if fancy watching, drinking after or players coming along to see if they will fit into my squad :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Fish said:

Let's move back to football matters and not air dirty laundry in public people.

The vote went against TMS 2nds and that's life, (we don't want to get into a Brexit or Scottish Parliament debate on whether it was right or wrong). There is an appeal process available to teams not successful on constitutional grounds, so TMS committee have discussed this and will let relevant parties know their decision in due course.

Thank you to all the words of support for TMS and most of the other "constructive" comments from people who did not vote for us this time.

TMS will have a second team in one format or other next season, either on Saturday afternoon at Malpas or Sundays at Malpas......all will become clear in next couple of weeks...so watch this space :c:

But for now let's talk football and for my first team at TMS we have our first pre-season match at Perranporth 2nds on Saturday 8th July 1pm kick off.....if fancy watching, drinking after or players coming along to see if they will fit into my squad :ph34r:

As the current Chairman of Threemilestone AFC totally agree with Brian's comments above, and also many comments made by others on here and those I've spoken too. 

As a committee we are working hard behind the scenes to provide football for two teams next season in one way or another and that may well be Sunday football. And we will go through all the appropriate channels and speak to the relevant personal Ina correct manner. 

So let's keep this site for football talk and NOT the bitching about each other's clubs or opinions, and I apologise for any of our players that have got over excited and made such comments on here and I will be having words to them. 

End of the day we all give up our time for the love of the game so let's get back to enjoying the football and not the politics!!! 

Ian Jay 

Threemilestone AFC 

Club Chairman 

2 hours ago, Fish said:

first pre-season match at Perranporth 2nds on Saturday 8th July 1pm kick off.

I've added this one to the the list of all friendlies being compiled on the Announcements sub-forum. If your club wants to have theirs added, please go to that thread and detail them, then I'll copy and paste them into the appropriate dates. Many thanks