Cornwall Football Forum

Help for clubs with ambition

When the trelawney league was started we were told that in theory a club could go from division5 all the way up to the premier league.I know division 5 has gone but is there any way clubs could get help with the organisation off the pitch for this.I know it is a bit far fetched and I expect the answer to be the ccfa but! Should there not be more thought put in to the running of clubs from those above then maybe clubs are more likely to stay around.

Plenty of help and advice available from the League if requested. Clubs should also achieve Charter Standard status within 12 months of joining the League and there's plenty of information on club committee structures, Officers roles etc available from the FA via their website. I don't think you can expect the League to run the Clubs as well!

5 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

When the trelawney league was started we were told that in theory a club could go from division5 all the way up to the premier league.I know division 5 has gone but is there any way clubs could get help with the organisation off the pitch for this.I know it is a bit far fetched and I expect the answer to be the ccfa but! Should there not be more thought put in to the running of clubs from those above then maybe clubs are more likely to stay around.

We are always willing to help the clubs when the clubs need it and ask for it. We can only help from a leagues perspective though so we are extremely limited. The only help you need in retrospect, to get the Premier division from the bottom is a good side. There's not much help that can be offered in that department I'm afraid. 

That said, if there is anything we can do to help, just ask. If we can't help directly, we should be able to point you in the direction of the people that can.