Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall FA Community Awards 2017

I'm almost certain that I speak for all when I extend a huge thank you to Richard Pallot and his team at Cornwall FA for a fantastic event last night where some of Cornwall's unsung heroes from behind the scenes were acknowledged for their efforts. It was a brilliant event which everyone thoroughly enjoyed.

It was fantastic to hear the stories of the volunteers, some of whom have dedicated 50 years + to community football. This was an evening for the people who were nominated for awards; but there are so many people in Cornwall who do so much for football in the County who go unthanked, unrecognised and are often under-appreciated. Please, give these people the recognition they deserve next year by nominating them. Those that didn't win awards last night were happy just to be recognised. A few minutes filling in a form almost justifies the years of hard work and commitment these people put in!

The Winners:

Young Volunteer of the year

Charlotte Collier, St Agnes AFC

Coach of The Year

Martyn Daughtery, St Day AFC

Best Inclusive Project 

St Agnes AFC

Administrator of the year

Dave Walden, Mullion FC

Outstanding Services  to Cornish Football

Peter Thorne, Wendron United 

Charter Standard Club  of the year

Gerrans & St Mawes

Development Club of the year

St Columb AFC

Charter Standard League of the year

The Trelawny League

Community Club 

RNAS Culdrose

Outstanding Contribution to Community Football

Steve Carpenter

Also being awarded last night was Cornwall FA Vice Chairman David Bray. Cornwall Manager Glynn Hooper took to the stage to thank Mr Bray for all of his support, particularly with the County Youth squad. Glynn then handed over his very own medal from the recent National Final. A lovely sentiment.

Thank you again to all involved to make the evening a success last night. Lastly, a massive well done not only to all the winners of the awards, but also to the people who were nominated.