Cornwall Football Forum

TEN YEARS ON - Truro City - WEMBLEY WINNERS - It's all here

No Mark, Your pleasure is MY pleasure and thank you for that.

Some interesting photos in your blog I shall look more into depth later, I remember when you got the camera in the goal net, it gave an extra dimension to your filming.

I am not good photographing things but interested in the work of others, I remember going into Steve Rogers (S.W Optics) blog about birds, hooked I spent two days admiring his work thinking what a hobby, imagining the patience needed to get some of the shots.It's good to be in a position to admire other peoples work and effort.

• MOUNTAINEER changed the title to TEN YEARS ON - Truro City - WEMBLEY WINNERS - It's all here

It is being reported that the Club,were approached by the F.A. Vase squad,to have the pitch and open the Club House,so something could take place at Treyew Road this Saturday,to celebrate a bit of history.

THE CLUB REFUSED.

Thank god for Jake Ash and the rest of the squad and supporters for sorting a bit of a day out,so we can all celebrate a historical event,that happened 10 years ago.

As for the owners of the Club,their popularity just gets worse and worse.

DISGRACE.

I have just got in from Truro City CC (where I was able to meet up with many of the players and fans who were part of that incredible journey to Wembley in 2007. I got a really warm welcome from the former winger Ian Gosling when I arrived and then spoke at some length with Jake Ash, Wembley hero Kevin Wills and  Andy Watkins. Chris Webb was there but sadly neither Glynn Hooper or Dave Leonard were available on the day owing to work commitments and holidays.  Everyone seemed to enjoy my double DVD that was playing, and it was quite emotional, hearing the names of the players from ten years ago being chanted again and the chorus "Championies" being sung at the top of our voices.

A lamentable lack of respect shown to the players, fans and community by Truro City fc. Despite what has passed over the last 10 years any normal football club would have marked such an occasion. 

Anyway great to see the bond and camaraderie between the players and fans down at Truro Cricket Club yesterday. Let's lot leave it another 10 years!

5 hours ago, Mrgreen said:

Oh no. What are SSS and older going to whine about now..... quick boys, make some other nonsense up.

I haven't commented on this thread Mr got it wrong green.:SM_carton: and I was actually at Wembbles that day - wanted to see the new stadium.

Wonder if you know what went on behind the scenes that day ....probably not - like a lot of others.

It won't be long before TCFC do something totally stupid again.....and I'll comment on that .

On 5/14/2017 at 10:12, Mrgreen said:

Oh no. What are SSS and older going to whine about now..... quick boys, make some other nonsense up.

Jake is a gentleman.

So Mr Green,please tell me where were the Club's celebration's held ,then.?????????????????????????

I agree with Piran.

Wheather or not the Club where approached.Fact is ,they did NOTHING.

DISGRACEFUL.

On 5/14/2017 at 15:39, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I haven't commented on this thread Mr got it wrong green.:SM_carton: and I was actually at Wembbles that day - wanted to see the new stadium.

Wonder if you know what went on behind the scenes that day ....probably not - like a lot of others.

It won't be long before TCFC do something totally stupid again.....and I'll comment on that .

I was lucky enough to be on the vip list that day older and I can assure you that the players were impecccably behaved, I can only assume you are referring to a certain member of the support team that had a little too much to drink. :drink:

On 14/05/2017 at 15:39, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Ö

On 15/05/2017 at 12:55, somersetspur said:

Jake is a gentleman.

So Mr Green,please tell me where were the Club's celebration's held ,then.?????????????????????????

I agree with Piran.

Wheather or not the Club where approached.Fact is ,they did NOTHING.

DISGRACEFUL.

Wow Wow Wow take it easy fellas, I can only reel in one at a time.

Besides, if you make it too easy, you'll take away all the fun.

WEMBLEY ANNIVERSARY: White Tigers part of celebrations

May 19, 2017

8b1153_3c508117de334f0d850cf9b7fe34dce1~

WEMBLEY Stadium celebrated its tenth year anniversary on Friday 19 May by lighting up its iconic arch in the colours of every football team who has played at the famous arena since its reopening.

One hundred and sixty six domestic, European and international men’s and women’s football teams have graced the Wembley turf in the last decade across a variety of competitions and friendlies, including, of course, Truro City!

To mark anniversary, and in a show of gratitude to all the clubs, Wembley Stadium displayed each of the club or national colours on the famous arch.   The name and crests of the clubs were also shown on the outside of the stadium.

37 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

WEMBLEY ANNIVERSARY: White Tigers part of celebrations

May 19, 2017

8b1153_3c508117de334f0d850cf9b7fe34dce1~

WEMBLEY Stadium celebrated its tenth year anniversary on Friday 19 May by lighting up its iconic arch in the colours of every football team who has played at the famous arena since its reopening.

One hundred and sixty six domestic, European and international men’s and women’s football teams have graced the Wembley turf in the last decade across a variety of competitions and friendlies, including, of course, Truro City!

To mark anniversary, and in a show of gratitude to all the clubs, Wembley Stadium displayed each of the club or national colours on the famous arch.   The name and crests of the clubs were also shown on the outside of the stadium.

TO LATE.

CELEBRATIONS WERE CONCLUDED A WEEK AGO.

CLUB DID'NT WANT TO CELEBRATE.