Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League - Results for 2nd May 2017

Results
Tuesday 2nd May 
Goonhavern Athletic (Dom Roberts, Lewis Dodd) 2-5 Ludgvan (Gerens James 3, Gary Matthews, Ryan Holland) 
Att- 40
Helston Athletic Reserves (Ben Turner) 1-3 St Day (Liam Paddock, Gavin Boon, Jacob Cleverly)
Att- 43
Holman SC 0-0 St Ives Town 
 Att- 17
Illogan RBL Reserves 0-4 St Agnes (Dan O'Toole 2, Luke Wort, Jakob Springall) 
Att- ???
Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton) 1-2 Perranporth (Ross Sommerville, Sean Giddings)
Att- ???
St Just (Scott Meagor) 1-4 RNAS Culdrose (Ben Gibbs 3, Daniel Hindmarch)
Att- 35

Holmans 0 -0 st Ives 

good evenish game some good saves from Tom Morris in the st Ives goal who didn't look anything like the Tom Morris that plays for st Ives asked there secretary who said they have two players named the same although John roberts only has one . ? 

10 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Holmans 0 -0 st Ives 

good evenish game some good saves from Tom Morris in the st Ives goal who didn't look anything like the Tom Morris that plays for st Ives asked there secretary who said they have two players named the same although John roberts only has one . ? 

Pot kettle..... ???

32 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Holmans 0 -0 st Ives 

Is that Tomos Morrios distant cousin of Ben Andros the famous Falmouth docker. 

2 minutes ago, Foot Loose 1 said:

Goonhavern 16 Ludgvan 0

No not the football result, just the football players who used the club after the game.

Ludgvan you should be ashamed to call your selves sportsmen.

To be fair it's a massive distance from the changing rooms

9 hours ago, Foot Loose 1 said:

Goonhavern 16 Ludgvan 0

No not the football result, just the football players who used the club after the game.

Ludgvan you should be ashamed to call your selves sportsmen.

Not to make any excuses for the Ludgvan players, but a mid week game at Goonhavern one of the furthest games for the season, most players would have come straight from work and want to get home after the game, other players may have a young family and want to get home to see them, other players depend on lifts and if the driver is heading straight back after the game that takes other players away with them.

I'm a stern believer in going into clubhouses after the game to support the clubs, but as some have said before me on the forum that alot of teams don't go into clubhouses after the game which is a massive shame as some teams depend on bar takings to pay refs, pay insurance etc.    

I had a drink straight after the game along with my coach so that's 2 from Ludgvan, and saying we are not sportsmen is a bit harsh as over the years we have stayed after our games with Goonhavern and had a few beers Saturday games admittedly. 

You are correct in saying that none of the rest did but we have travelled to the 2nd longest away fixture for us on a Tuesday evening where guys have rushed from work to get there on time then another 40 plus minutes to get back home. Few of our guys have young families so would of needed to get back. 2 were on nights myself I needed to get back as I'm a on call Firefighter in penzance and I had 3 players in my car not that I got to explain .

i like to wish Andrew (also on call firefighter at perranporth who had to go for 7pm last night ) Craig Brown and all at Goonhavern football club all the best for remainder of this season and next season. 

As for the st day game Tuesday evening, we were informed  before the game by the st Day secretary that the clubhouse was closed and no hot water for showers after the game as the boiler was not working and he said they were going to the local pub after the game but understood if we didn't go, I told him due to no showers we would head straight back after the game . 

So Willy 7 get your facts right before you ingage your mouth that you know nothing about. 

Anthony Hosking , Ludgvan Manager 

7 hours ago, Hosky Mourinho said:

I had a drink straight after the game along with my coach so that's 2 from Ludgvan, and saying we are not sportsmen is a bit harsh as over the years we have stayed after our games with Goonhavern and had a few beers Saturday games admittedly. 

You are correct in saying that none of the rest did but we have travelled to the 2nd longest away fixture for us on a Tuesday evening where guys have rushed from work to get there on time then another 40 plus minutes to get back home. Few of our guys have young families so would of needed to get back. 2 were on nights myself I needed to get back as I'm a on call Firefighter in penzance and I had 3 players in my car not that I got to explain .

i like to wish Andrew (also on call firefighter at perranporth who had to go for 7pm last night ) Craig Brown and all at Goonhavern football club all the best for remainder of this season and next season. 

As for the st day game Tuesday evening, we were informed  before the game by the st Day secretary that the clubhouse was closed and no hot water for showers after the game as the boiler was not working and he said they were going to the local pub after the game but understood if we didn't go, I told him due to no showers we would head straight back after the game . 

So Willy 7 get your facts right before you ingage your mouth that you know nothing about. 

Anthony Hosking , Ludgvan Manager 

Trust me I do know something about it. Yes you are correct the boiler was broke but you was told there was food being put on at the pub across the road, you know the one you got to drive past! If the result was perhaps different then you might have been in a better mood and more sociable. ;-)

3 hours ago, willy7 said:

Trust me I do know something about it. Yes you are correct the boiler was broke but you was told there was food being put on at the pub across the road, you know the one you got to drive past! If the result was perhaps different then you might have been in a better mood and more sociable. ;-)

Who wants to sit in the pub after a tough 90 mins and no shower though...?

9 hours ago, Titus Bramble said:

Who wants to sit in the pub after a tough 90 mins and no shower though...?

Showers ????  Footballer's have gone soft , what  happened to the old horse troughs in a corner of a field , some clubs was all they had back in the day ,  :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, willy7 said:

Where you are wrong again !!We were asked before the game about the pub and we told your secretary that we would be heading straight back Win or Lose as No Hot Water for Showers and thanked him for the offer of the Food where he said that he understood and he would inform the local pub straight away and not to do any for us , this was at 5.30pm 1 hour before kick off when I got to the ground !

Nothing to do with the Result or being in a sociable mood , St Day deserved the 3 points on the night and are a very good side going in the right direction who I wish all the best for next season , 

Hosky

On 02/05/2017 at 21:55, MARKSY said:

Holmans 0 -0 st Ives 

Mind you, there is a second John Roberts. He used to be the senior justice in the American Supreme Court. And guess what ! He wasn't corrupt .