Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Transfer Rumour Mill

A bit bold calling Charlie the best lb in the south west - he is a decent player but there are other good lads out there - I believe Ed Timmonds has gone from Falmouth to Helston to Bodmin so that may account for Charlie moving. 

Launceston are quietly building a strong squad though - not attracting much attention but could be looking at pushing top 6 next season??

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

A bit bold calling Charlie the best lb in the south west - he is a decent player but there are other good lads out there - I believe Ed Timmonds has gone from Falmouth to Helston to Bodmin so that may account for Charlie moving. 

Launceston are quietly building a strong squad though - not attracting much attention but could be looking at pushing top 6 next season??

Ed Timmons the best LB (or even RB) ive seen... really showed his quality over the last couple of seasons and so no surprise hes got the big move

Just had a look at the latest transfers on the SWPL website.

Just out of interest.  Who exactly have Helston signed and retained so far given that Ed Timmons and Rob Wearne from Falmouth Town have moved on and I heard Tom Whipp was going as well?  Especially bearing in mind they were struggling for a side last season.

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

Just had a look at the latest transfers on the SWPL website.

Just out of interest.  Who exactly have Helston signed and retained so far given that Ed Timmons and Rob Wearne from Falmouth Town have moved on and I heard Tom Whipp was going as well?  Especially bearing in mind they were struggling for a side last season.

Apparently they've signed K Marks again

I've witnessed Ed Timmons play a few combo games for Falmouth, when they usually loaded up, for midweek games & he looked average. 

Perhaps he'll perform better and be protected by better players at Bodmin, or maybe he was part of the deal to get his mate Slateford to sign. 

Hopefully I'm proved wrong and he excels at Bodmin. 

• 3 weeks later...

ParkwayPieEater is spot on, they'll need nearly a whole new team if Massey is to have a successful season at Helston. I can honestly see them struggling from the start. Fair play to him for giving it a go but it will be interesting to see how long he lasts...