Cornwall Football Forum

Man City

hoppit

Having supported Man City for over 40 years I can honestly say that pound for pound this is the worst I have ever seen them. No method from a manager who is trying to do things with players that aren't good enough. Need a goal I know what I'll take off a striker a bring on an inept midfielder. Why? Can somebody please tell me. God help us against Utd City will get absolutely hammered.

You have a good manager , and city are a big player now the investment has been put to good use with the training facilities and stadium ,. You are talking about one game which with some luck it could have been your team in a final , the striker was looking injured when he went off ,  just to think a few years back you were no where near the top flight .

28 minutes ago, stevieb said:

You have a good manager , and city are a big player now the investment has been put to good use with the training facilities and stadium ,. You are talking about one game which with some luck it could have been your team in a final , the striker was looking injured when he went off ,  just to think a few years back you were no where near the top flight .

Should have brought the striker on earlier.At least in the old days it was honest football now it's just financial ping pong.

2 hours ago, hoppit said:

Having supported Man City for over 40 years I can honestly say that pound for pound this is the worst I have ever seen them. No method from a manager who is trying to do things with players that aren't good enough. Need a goal I know what I'll take off a striker a bring on an inept midfielder. Why? Can somebody please tell me. God help us against Utd City will get absolutely hammered.

The worst you have seen them in 40 years! Worse than when they were relegated to the third division? A massive statement!

49 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

The worst you have seen them in 40 years! Worse than when they were relegated to the third division? A massive statement!

It's a relative statement back then they had no money but the players did their best ,  now they have money but some of the players show a lack of passion, much more enjoyable back then. I expect  to see better but it's always the same old story only at a higher level.

14 hours ago, Keith B said:

Getting back to the title of this thread - Man City, they nearly lost to Middlesbrough today. How many tens of millions have been spent building this City squad !!

Hundreds of millions and I rest my case. The manager still can't get to grips with the premier league.