Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 2 Hemel Hempstead 1.

Thought City played really well today considering the importance of the game. Easy to tense up but even after going a goal down to Hemel with Ben Greenhalghs penalty (remember him winning footballs next star tv show and getting a years contract with Inter Milan bout 6/7 years ago?) Think it was a pen, a little clip in the box, ref 5 yards away to be fair. City came storming back with a great equaliser from Niall Thompson who along with Rocky Neal were a lively front two today. Ryan Brett, Neal and Cody Cooke after some great feet (great to see Cody back too)  all had chances to put the game out of sight by half time. Neal hit the bar within 3 minutes of the restart and then got the big centre half sent off when his pace took him clear and he got wiped out. The sending off seemed to affect City a bit more and they regrouped and did well to be fair, although thought City looked the more likely scorers. Was following the Gosport game on my mobile all afternoon and all was looking good when they were 0-1 down for ages. Had a quick browse through my programme while watching the game for bout five minutes and checked my phone again and Gosport were 2-1 up!! Bit of a choker! The City game finished and as the lads were walking off the pitch Concord scored a 93rd minute equaliser!!! Queue the scenes! No final day pressures, City stay up ? Pleased for Hodgie, nice guy who always talks sense win or lose and I think there's optimism for next season. Spoke to Yettsy and I think most players want to stay, add a few I really think City can have a decent season with exciting times hopefully around the corner? I know Pete has got his knockers but to be fair if he didn't step in a few seasons ago there wouldn't be a Truro City. Remember watching sky that day the club almost went through and it was going along on the yellow banner at the bottom of the screen that the club had been kicked out the league! Always great to see Tom Trust, thanks for the announcement and congrats mate! Pleased for Deba who's been keeper coach for a long time now and top bloke. Saw Pete and Ross there from Radio Cornwall working hard and thought there was some great interviews on the radio in the car journey home. Especially Pete asking Pughy why he went to his mates wedding short notice! Superb work ?? Eddie in the shop always a friendly smiling face. Really good days football and all ended well. Who knows, another play off spot might not be out of the question next season? Well done to Rocky who won supporters players of the year in his first season at this level. Made the jump up the leagues look easy ?? Good luck to City next season, great to see that standard of football on your doorstep ?⚽ 

38 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

MMmm!! don't think staying in that league is any good for  them....not good enough...no money for a better team.

Truro avoiding relegation must have spoilt your weekend!

Better to stay in as high a league as possible I would have thought? Who knows what the future holds? We've all been banging on about it for about two years now and Truro are still in the National league and still at Treyew Road and still get the best attendances for any football played in Cornwall. 

10 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Better to stay in as high a league as possible I would have thought? Who knows what the future holds? We've all been banging on about it for about two years now and Truro are still in the National league and still at Treyew Road and still get the best attendances for any football played in Cornwall. 

That's only if you believe the crowd figures (!)

They've been caught out a few times, both saying too many, and sometimes not enough ...lol

Finance could be a problem next season if the team needs improving, it was mentioned in a National League posting by a club fighting relegation that is is difficult meeting the wage expectancy in the top division where players command £600 a week but many are on (as they put it) half pay of £300. Fair enough that is the top division but drop a grade to the North and South divisions and that lower £300 may apply. to remain competitive that would require regular attendance by the supporters in greater numbers than we see now.

The joy expressed by everyone is great to see, many appear to be excited at the prospect of sharing the S4C, with all sections (Club, Management, Players and Supporters groups) excited for what lies ahead - surely now the time is ripe for all of us to pull together.It shouldn't be a too difficult PR exercise.

I listened to the commentary on BBC Radio Cornwall so was well entertained with City winning, I am getting use to the "Up and Under" comment but Radio Rugby's commentator appears to be enjoying his visits to Treyew Road, he appeared as excited as our die hard supporters providing what I believe to be the best football commentary they have ever done.

i was gutted missing today's game but when checking trains home I was amazed to see I would need to take SIX trains travelling all night, it would be madness to wait around making that number of connections plus quite a number of buses. I shall welcome a return to my usual grind when visiting Bishop's Stortford next Saturday,which is bad enough,

I was not nervous today against Hemel Hempstead but concerned for next week if we needed points then, WHY? simple Bishop's Stortford have not scored a goal for 944 minutes (10 and a 1/2 games) or (15 hours and 44 minutes) - kind of thing we would do would be to concede against them bearing in mind they won at Treyew Road. It will be good just to go and ENJOY.

11 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Maybe time to look at some local talent who could step up to the plate. Well done Truro for avoiding the drop looking forward to seeing who stays who goes and who will be brought in, like I said i would love to see some local talent as well as experienced and loan players given a chance to make the grade.

14 hours ago, Rjw87 said:

Not good enough?? So why have they avoided the drop then? Lol 

Its not good enough.

TCFC have been turned from a team in the play-offs,to a team avoiding relegation ,thanks to other teams.

Add to that the loss of our own promised Stadium,and the season has been a bloody nightmare.

Dont celebrate failure.

Who's celebrating failure?? I said if Truro are not good enough why have they avoided the drop?? Yes it's been a difficult season I agree but end of the day Truro City are playing national league south football for 3 seasons in a row ? 

On 4/22/2017 at 22:38, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

MMmm!! don't think staying in that league is any good for  them....not good enough...no money for a better team.

Time to start supporting your own team for a change Olderyougit on your own site, your still just a tiddler in a little pond and some new material would be advisable. Unfortunately Truro City are still playing in the National League South at Treyew Road, time to move on and get over it. August will soon be here but can I suggest you get a new scriptwriter for next season, Ok if we borrow your home shirts for next season. Come on you Red and Blacks. :yahoo:

16 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Time to start supporting your own team for a change Olderyougit on your own site, your still just a tiddler in a little pond and some new material would be advisable. Unfortunately Truro City are still playing in the National League South at Treyew Road, time to move on and get over it. August will soon be here but can I suggest you get a new scriptwriter for next season, Ok if we borrow your home shirts for next season. Come on you Red and Blacks. :yahoo:

Is it that tough over Truro now you need to borrow shirts ...WOW!!! didn't realise times were that tough.

Don't need any new material ...you lot keep throwing it at me, it's like a tiddler in the pond picking off the flies as they land.

Just hope it does not end up picking flies of a carcass....oh !!! nearly forgot, we could probably lend you a pitch as well - we still have one.

:c:

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Is it that tough over Truro now you need to borrow shirts ...WOW!!! didn't realise times were that tough.

Don't need any new material ...you lot keep throwing it at me, it's like a tiddler in the pond picking off the flies as they land.

Just hope it does not end up picking flies of a carcass....oh !!! nearly forgot, we could probably lend you a pitch as well - we still have one.

:c:

Pity it's not used for football.:yahoo:

Hours of dedicated work, I understand the groundsman is exceptional with his work, I think there should be awards handed out to groundsmen at the end of season be it on a league or County basis or both, referees could mark pitches with results averaged out to get to a winner. Where would football be without it's volunteers? 

19 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Hours of dedicated work, I understand the groundsman is exceptional with his work, I think there should be awards handed out to groundsmen at the end of season be it on a league or County basis or both, referees could mark pitches with results averaged out to get to a winner. Where would football be without it's volunteers? 

There is a county award! Just been given to Peter Thorne of @WendronOfficial who mentioned this on main forum.