Cornwall Football Forum

Tottenham Hotspur

Mangle

Got to say that on current form, Spurs are cutting it with the best of them. I have said many times, Kane, Eriksen, Lloris, Deli Ali, Son, these are top quality players. Top quality. I still think their defenders are a weak link, Sanchez and Aurier are just “getting away with it”. A bit like Jones and Smalling at Man Utd. I don’t rate them. But as an overall team, confidence is high, and they are playing well. I think they deserved to beat Juve, and my money is on a comfortable win back at Wembley. They still have to win a trophy though, and that is basically how they will finally be judged. Nothing for 10 years, a team that is “capable”, but they have to deliver something. I am not convinced they can. Long way to go, and twists and turns all the way.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:37, Mangle said:

Got to say that on current form, Spurs are cutting it with the best of them. I have said many times, Kane, Eriksen, Lloris, Deli Ali, Son, these are top quality players. Top quality. I still think their defenders are a weak link, Sanchez and Aurier are just “getting away with it”. A bit like Jones and Smalling at Man Utd. I don’t rate them. But as an overall team, confidence is high, and they are playing well. I think they deserved to beat Juve, and my money is on a comfortable win back at Wembley. They still have to win a trophy though, and that is basically how they will finally be judged. Nothing for 10 years, a team that is “capable”, but they have to deliver something. I am not convinced they can. Long way to go, and twists and turns all the way.

Hey Mangle ....I totally agree  with you (!) I've got to lie down after  saying that :wacko:

Missing Toby Alderweireld big time, and should have kept Kyle Walker - but what do we know.

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

Not sure Ponch did the right thing today by making 11 changes. No games this week, so 8 days or so until they next play. Now they’ve got to fit in an unwanted reply. But what do we know!

They all do it - stupid.

Wanyama's fault for the equaliser, watched the geezer stroll past him and didn't care, pro footballer my arse...out of my team for that lack of effort.

Agreed Goldeneye, the managers take some stick (especially Wenger for some reason) for things like this. If he had started Kane and Ericksen, for example and they both got injured, he would have "got it wrong". So they effectively are in a no-win situation. I suppose it gives us lot something to debate!

Just woke up after nearly a 700 mile round trip to Rochdale and home.

I agree,personally I would have fielded a few more first team regulars,but Spurs fielded 11 internationals,so they should have had enough.

First half was poor,with only new signing Moura,showing any sign's interest.

Poch brought on Lamela,Alli and Kane,and made a difference,and should of seen the game through.

But,take nothing away from Rochdale,they fully deserve their day out at Wembley.

Poch will do exactly the same for the replay.

Spurs are like the good samaratains.Helping all these lower league clubs with a nice financial rewardwith their Wembley visit.

End of the day,by hook or by crook,Spurs are still in the F.A.Cup,and you got to be in it,to win it.

You never know, they could go for extending their record of being knocked out in consecutive semi finals!

Oh, and SSS, when Arsenal were beating lower league opposition on their way to winning the FA Cup in recent seasons, you didn’t have give them some grief over it. I quite like the boot being on the other foot!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Another step closer ,to that so called trophy we must win,according to all the football experts.

I don't think you must win the league in the next few years. Spurs last won the league in 1961, so why spoil the habit of a lifetime!! ?

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

I don't think you must win the league in the next few years. Spurs last won the league in 1961, so why spoil the habit of a lifetime!! ?

I have been fortunate enough to see Spurs do doubles,win the League, bring home European trophies,and win domestic Cups.

So all this bull ,from people saying we must win a trophy,is just people who are not old enough to remember Spurs history.

This Spurs squad,will win trophies.When,? no one can say.

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2018 at 17:53, Goldeneye said:

Yes, could be a case of 27th time lucky!! ?

????????!

On 19/03/2018 at 11:13, Goldeneye said:

Spurs will never ever have a better chance of winning the cup with, potentially, playing the semi- final and final on their current home ground!

Their fans will never hear the last of it if they don't! :yahoo:

Oops !?

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

????????!

Oops !?

Premier League
Standings · Scores and schedule
  • -
Team PTS GP W D L GS GD
th?id=AR_e90e122d4c9f69d08457dfd3d124293
Manchester City 90 34 29 3 2 98 73
th?id=AR_2b734a13e07fea2f74a0d23659f51b9
Manchester United 74 34 23 5 6 65 39
th?id=AR_b3cb51751aafdcce1dee8ddeef407d2
Liverpool 71 35 20 11 4 80 43
th?id=AR_4a6c02c01c81156c6736a9a8b25f654
Tottenham Hotspur 68 34 20 8 6 66 35
th?id=AR_df9424e96c97e1f9b3fea6e16679ae8
Chelsea 63 34 19 6 9 59 25
th?id=AR_9363eb214e6c3ecb3a7ba413810fe3d
Arsenal 57 34 17 6 11 66

OOPS!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, somersetspur said:

JOB DONE.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AGAIN,AFTER PLAYING ALL OUR GAMES AWAY FROM HOME.

:thumbsup:

Can't believe you posted so soon after the match! Oh, of course, you won! You only sing when your winning. Hope the FA are going to thoroughly disinfect Wembly when Spuds move out. :)

6 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Can't believe you posted so soon after the match! Oh, of course, you won! You only sing when your winning. Hope the FA are going to thoroughly disinfect Wembly when Spuds move out. :)

Being as intelligent as you are.

Surely you realised my quote was for the whole season,and not last nights game.

Well maybe not.

If they do decide to disinfect Wembley,maybe they could do your gob at the same time.:yahoo:

YID ARMY,YID ARMY,YID ARMY.

20 hours ago, somersetspur said:

No one outside of Manchester,could finish above the YIDS.

First team to qualify for Champions League,after playing all their games away from home.

Great effort.

We will see how Chelski manage when they have to move to Wembley.

Given our record is good there already we'll be fine, and will do better than that muggy lot from North London 

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly conflicting ..

The FA have given Tott an extra 2 weeks to decide if they wish to use Wembley for 18/19

WHL will be our home for 18/19 (not sure if official statement from club but on Sky)

First 3 or 4 Tott HOME games to be reversed