Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mangle

Tottenham Hotspur

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Looking at the stats ......deffo smash and grab job ....but I'll take it - lol

Stats !!!!  Don't talk about stats goals win games shame on you older perhaps you are not as old as you feel ? Carry on like this and you might have to change your name . Bloody stats .

22 hours ago, stevieb said:

Stats !!!!  Don't talk about stats goals win games shame on you older perhaps you are not as old as you feel ? Carry on like this and you might have to change your name . Bloody stats .

Ha, ha ...I'm 65 and feel 65 that's the trouble these days.

Goals win games....but stats tell the story.

17 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Ha, ha ...I'm 65 and feel 65 that's the trouble these days.

Goals win games....but stats tell the story.

And watched the highlights last night .......Woah !!!!! did we get out of jail free there, could have lost that by a bit of a margin - BUT - we didn't :P

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Hats off to Spurs very impressive win , could have been more ,Madrid underestimated there opponents ,.  And through to the KO stage , well done from me grrrr . Copy and paste spurs fans .

Thanks for that, don't know the result, was going to watch it later you numpty .........3-1 eat your heart out gooners.:drink:

8 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Thanks for that, don't know the result, was going to watch it later you numpty .........3-1 eat your heart out gooners.:drink:

Glad to help 😁

42 minutes ago, stevieb said:

But not one English manager between them .

Trust you to throw in a negative.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR  3  REAL MADRID  1.

Qualified ,out of a group,we had no chance in,and still two games to go.

Better than getting dicked by the big teams,like some teams,who USED to be in this competition.

We have a great chance.Got to be in it to win it.

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Trust you to throw in a negative.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR  3  REAL MADRID  1.

Qualified ,out of a group,we had no chance in,and still two games to go.

Better than getting dicked by the big teams,like some teams,who USED to be in this competition.

We have a great chance.Got to be in it to win it.

Not negative just a fact , which reflects badly on the national game / team , where are the next generation coming from , you can't knock  the clubs for employing them  because they are successful , SSS you could fall out with your shadow at times , I have accepted that Arsenal aren't the force they were in the league , but you need also to enjoy the experience accept praise for your team , off to watch the Europa league from the armchair ( pub cup )  which at the moment is where our club is . And where your team was once .

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Arsenal 2 - Spurs 0

The best team won on the day. Kane looked slow and Erickson (?Spelling) and Co - were way off target. Arsenal were the better team today (sorry SSS).

Don't be sorry Keith ,the truth hurts  :smiley20:.  

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Ouch !!!!!!

Did you see football focus ???? Questions being asked about lack of trophies and if spuds don't win one soon bigger clubs will come a calling for the players / manager  , seems the media are slowly picking up on this .

12 hours ago, stevieb said:

Don't be sorry Keith ,the truth hurts  :smiley20:.  

Did you see football focus ???? Questions being asked about lack of trophies and if spuds don't win one soon bigger clubs will come a calling for the players / manager  , seems the media are slowly picking up on this .

Dont watch the BBC,if I can help it.Full of left wing bu££s--t.

In all subjects by the look of things,and we have to fund it.

DISGRACE.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Dont watch the BBC,if I can help it.Full of left wing bu££s--t.

In all subjects by the look of things,and we have to fund it.

DISGRACE.

Sky's team also asking the same questions yesterday including one of your own a certain Jamie Redknap ,  it's took a while but the media are looking at spurs and lack of trophies , now that they have become a top four team   , on yesterday's result Arsenal were better on the day , but inconsistent form has dogged them for several years in the league . always good to beat the spuds but Arsenal have to push on and play like they did yesterday .

28 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Sky's team also asking the same questions yesterday including one of your own a certain Jamie Redknap ,  it's took a while but the media are looking at spurs and lack of trophies , now that they have become a top four team   , on yesterday's result Arsenal were better on the day , but inconsistent form has dogged them for several years in the league . always good to beat the spuds but Arsenal have to push on and play like they did yesterday .

Jamie Redknapp.One of our own.Do me a favour.

He was a bloody clown.Still is.

Sky.?????????????????? You mean the Goon channel.Merson,Nicholas,Smith.Henry,Quinn,Winterburn.

Media can say what they want.January is coming,so they got to sell newspapers.

SSS your club is now in the spotlight , with some very good players you have had an easy ride from the media over the past few seasons , the difference now is your expectations have risen and pundits are asking  IF you don't have any silverware this season how long will some stay around , still a long way to go but the questions being asked are the same ones Arsenal have had for years , get used to it  .

2 hours ago, BigG said:

Don't like BBC, don't like SKY.

It's a.good job you've got the Sunday. Independent to give.you.a.fair, balanced and unbiased view of things.  😆

Dont buy that s££t rag either.

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

SSS your club is now in the spotlight , with some very good players you have had an easy ride from the media over the past few seasons , the difference now is your expectations have risen and pundits are asking  IF you don't have any silverware this season how long will some stay around , still a long way to go but the questions being asked are the same ones Arsenal have had for years , get used to it  .

They will stay.

The media dont tell you what the players say.

HARRY KANE."Im a one man club".

TOBY ALDERWIERALD "No need to talk about contracts yet,I have 2 years left,and am very happy at Spurs.

JAN VERTONGEN "This club is going places,and I want to be part of it.

CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN "The new stadium will be ready next season,and I am looking forward to playing there.

DELE ALLI "Spurs and Pochettino have done so much for me,and I want to repay them for giving me the chance.

HUGO LLORIS "Playing in the Champions League makes all the difference,its where we all want to be.

Yep ,the media have it spot on as usual.They are all off.

And pigs will fly , we all have seen players kissing the badge/ ass of the manager and behind the scenes getting their agent to look for a better club / more money  has always gone , but of course  spurs players are different :P

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

And pigs will fly , we all have seen players kissing the badge/ ass of the manager and behind the scenes getting their agent to look for a better club / more money  has always gone , but of course  spurs players are different :P

At last.You get it.

Of course we are different.

1. Premier League
    Standings · Scores and schedule
    • -
    Team PTS GP W D L GS GD
    th?id=AR_e5d84bb59c997d80f441df40df210e6
    Manchester City 34 12 11 1 0 40 33
    Manchester United 26 12 8 2 2 27 21
    Chelsea 25 12 8 1 3 23 13
    Tottenham Hotspur 23 12 7 2 3 20 11
    Liverpool 22 12 6 4 2 24

WHOOPS!!!! can't see assenhole on the table yet.

30 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:
  1. Premier League
    Standings · Scores and schedule
    • -
    Team PTS GP W D L GS GD
    Manchester City 34 12 11 1 0 40 33
    Manchester United 26 12 8 2 2 27 21
    Chelsea 25 12 8 1 3 23 13
    Tottenham Hotspur 23 12 7 2 3 20 11
    Liverpool 22 12 6 4 2 24

WHOOPS!!!! can't see assenhole on the table yet.

Show us your trophies !!!!!

Whether you're a dyed in the wool Spurs or Arsenal supporter, or like me, simply a person who loves watching any team that plays good football, you must surely admit that both of these teams have some very gifted players.

On a good day it's a pleasure to watch either team play. A couple of years or so back, SSS was most put out to think that I could and did watch both teams on alternate weeks and  enjoyed the football played by both. In my opinion, during the mid 70's early 80's, Spurs were the better and more attractive team to watch. Over the seasons that has changed and we were all astounded by the sheer brilliance of the teams Wenger has assembled.

Now, those of us with an open mind and who appreciate good football, will admire I'm sure the current Man City team. So people - relax and enjoy the beautiful football played around the premier league and elsewhere. There are good teams at all levels of the game - and not all of them assembled by owners who have tens of millions of pounds to spend.

Happy watching !

Agreed - last post - the Man City present team and style of play is outstanding. Better than any others at this time. The other teams have gifted individuals, but are all playing catch up this season with City. I do like watching the City games, although through gritted teeth, but you have to admire the game they are playing.