Cornwall Football Forum

NLS - Easter Monday April 17 2017

Truro City 0-3 Maidenhead United

Maidenhead were comfortable winners and Truro hardly tested the visitors save for one chance in the second half and a missed penalty from Rocky Neal.

For a crowd of 721, it was lucky the visitors brought some noisy fans as there was absolutely no atmosphere. It might as well have been a friendly. The travelling contingent sung and chanted almost all game and had Margate equalised against Ebbsfleet, there would have been a pitch invasion at the end. Promotion for them will have to wait.

I thought it was a disgrace that the referee was called "f***ing useless" almost to his face by a visiting player and not even a booking was issued.

All the day's results:-

Bath City   3-0   Poole Town

Chelmsford City   3-1   Welling United

Concord Rangers   3-0   Whitehawk

Dartford   3-1   Hampton and Richmond

Eastbourne Borough   4-0   East Thurrock United

Gosport Borough   0-1   Oxford City

Hemel Hempstead Town   2-0   Hungerford Town

Margate   0-1   Ebbsfleet United

St Albans City   3-0   Weston-super-Mare

Truro City   0-3   Maidenhead United

Wealdstone   5-0   Bishop's Stortford

The bottom of the table positions

15  Welling United  P40 GD -3  Pts 43

16  Weston-super-Mare  40  -13   42

17  Concord Rangers  40  -17  41

18  Whitehawk  40  -24  37

19  Truro City  40  -43  37

20  Gosport Borough  40  -55  35

21  Margate  40  -51  25

22  Bishop's Stortford  40  -75  24

12 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

I thought it was a disgrace that the referee was called "f***ing useless" almost to his face by a visiting player and not even a booking was issued.

I also heard this, as did everyone in both stands behind the dugouts.....referee just seemed to brush it off like he was used to be called that, disgraceful! 

Also agree with your comments on the atmosphere, would be interested to hear if you have any thoughts on the guy on the Tannoy?  

2 hours ago, G2DO said:

I also heard this, as did everyone in both stands behind the dugouts.....referee just seemed to brush it off like he was used to be called that, disgraceful! 

Also agree with your comments on the atmosphere, would be interested to hear if you have any thoughts on the guy on the Tannoy?  

Guy on the tannoy is Tom Trust.

On 18/04/2017 at 10:12, G2DO said:

He told me the names of songs I wasn't aware of! I think it would be smoother if he was aware of the substitutions and the numbers to which the subs were wearing.