Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday Independent ceases trading as of today!

Just had an email advising me that the Sunday Independent is to cease trading immediately!

"...........some bad news to you as soon as possible.

Sadly, the decision has been made to stop trading the Sunday Independent as of today - so there are no more shifts available or contributions required (unless something totally unforeseen happens in the next day or so)."

The paper has been trading well in the past year following the owner's death last year , however that didn't help plans fir the future ......

".........our proposals for further investment and growth and, to date, it has not been possible to find some new investors, or someone with the necessary financial TLC, to continue."

"The ‘sale’ of the company is being handled by Francis Clarke, of Exeter, and our contact was Stephen Hobson on Exeter (01392) 667 000 in case anyone knows of someone who can ride to our rescue!"

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Mr Masters for bringing this brilliant paper back Cornwall supporters will be delighted i for 1 will be and hope Rappo has his column and its not all about Truro City football club seeing that is your club and hopefully Mr Masters you will bring back the supplement that use to be in there before the season started with team photos of all the local teams

7 hours ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Great news. I certainly have missed the paper on line on the last two Sundays, life hasn't been the same ! The paper is irreplaceable for local sport. Thank you Mr Masters, I look forward to next Sunday's issue. 

Just as long as it is not going to be a propaganda vehicle for City!