Cornwall Football Forum

Silverbow & Groundshare - and not at Torquay! (combined)

1 hour ago, karaoke said:

So will that be the end of their ECPL team?

This season they have played a home game at a ground where only one team plays - Nanpean (better Truro go there!!) and last season at Salt Mill. It would be a shame if the seconds did fold or be forced to play elsewhere. REDEVELOP BUGLE!!!

It's a shame the old faithful Westheath ground is no more!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

They could play down Malpas Park, Older would like that.

Malpas park ....council owned.

Priory park ......council owned.

Not a great deal of difference there then, they've ended up on a council pitch sooner than I thought they would :yahoo:

Bodmins pitch taking a game every week - that's going to be interesting.....not the best pitch around exactly.

35 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Malpas park ....council owned.

Priory park ......council owned.

Not a great deal of difference there then, they've ended up on a council pitch sooner than I thought they would :yahoo:

Bodmins pitch taking a game every week - that's going to be interesting.....not the best pitch around exactly.

I trust you know many better grounds?

4 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Priory Park here we come, with a few ground improvements we could still keep our league status. That's if we move out of Treyew Road!

A bit more than "a few ground improvements" - another stand, upgrading the seats in the current one, more hard standing, more turnstiles, probably upgrading the external fencing, sorting out segregation points, etc. etc. etc.

A couple of points.

If Silver Bow can not be built due to costings have Helican Barr a plan to put in planning for Silver Bow Mark II?

If not where is there another viable site in the Truro area apart from the one on the Falmouth Road?

The ground share at Bodmin, is it permanent if no ground built in Truro?

Are Helican and Mr Masters/Perryman trying to force the hand of the County Council to come up with some funding to help build Silver Bow or other pitch. 

Will there be a player-share between Bodmin and Truro?

Will there be cheap coach travel for home supporters of Truro to get up to Bodmin?

Will County Cup games like the Senior Cup take preference over Truro home games?

Will there be two sets of prices for things like cups of tea, pints, pasties?

Etc, etc, etc?

The "news" was carefully worded and only a "strategy" was actually agreed. They would need dispensation from the FA to extend the deadline beyond 31st March - which could be the biggest obstacle they face. A ground share also poses questions about which Club/League has priority for fixtures; no discussions with SWPL about the proposal. We live in interesting times!

If the retail park goes ahead, they have to build the ground don't they??? If that is the case, then if they have changed their mind, as it's no longer financial viable. If they are not building the retail park, then can't they sell the ground back to the club?? If not rent it to them anyway. If they are no longer building the retail park, I expect Truro will continue playing there next season.

11 hours ago, gashead1980 said:

If the retail park goes ahead, they have to build the ground don't they??? If that is the case, then if they have changed their mind, as it's no longer financial viable. If they are not building the retail park, then can't they sell the ground back to the club?? If not rent it to them anyway. If they are no longer building the retail park, I expect Truro will continue playing there next season.

Hope your prediction comes true gashead1980. I have also heard that ther S4C has come up against more obstacles, anybody else heard anything? :c:

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

On Radio Cornwall, Truro will start season playing at Treyew Road and more that likely move to Bodmin during the season when ground improvements complete.

That is total bu££shit.Why earth would Truro play a part of the seaon at Treyew Rd until Bodmin is ready.

Any deal with the owners of Treyew Rd would be for a season.They have got to subymit a ground  where they will be playing next season.

The Vanarama League,and the F.A . will not allow TCFC to say we will play at Treyew Rd until Bodmin is ready..

But maybe a drop down a few Leagues.??????

The news from Truro City Chairman Peter Masters about the ground from yesterday's interview with BBC Radio Cornwall:-

"We’ve got a Ground inspection of Bodmin's at the beginning of April 2017, so subject to the ground inspection and other matters it is a possibility we will do that ground share. But it is important to highlight it is an option to ground share and not a certainty. That is very important."

Peter then went onto say :"Truro City have now secured an agreement yesterday [Friday] with JIL [the Treyew Road ground owners] and Helical [the Treyew Road developers] to remain at Treyew Road until the end of next season [2017-18] , so we've actually secured that position."

However, then the statement continued :"That does not mean that Truro City will be playing all of its home matches at Treyew Road. This is all subject to a relocation agreement which is being signed with Helical and JIL and depending on circumstances we could actually start at Treyew Road and end up at Bodmin Town , so that could well be a possibility. Not ideal, but a possibility."

Then an update on Silverbow:-
"Now the circumstances will be that the solution to Silverbow has been found and that's Truro City has secured a permanent home. We've got a solution to the Silverbow, but I can't let any more detail out until that's all signed and dusted in the next few days. In the event that the Silverbow solution is not found, or there's some other problems, the owners can in fact evict us, but they have guaranteed not to enforce the eviction until the end of next season.[2017-18].

“So basically what will happen is we will carry on playing football at Treyew Road next season , they will start their eviction proceedings, we will defend it as a worse case scenario and whoever is successful, no action could be taken until the end of next season. That's what we've agreed with these people.

“The National League are fully aware of the situation and are very supportive, but in short Truro City’s got everything to play for both on and off the pitch , so it's a case of let me carry on what I'm doing, my work to try and get everything buttoned down and just carry on playing the football and try and stay in this league.”

Should it come to having to play at Bodmin, funds are available to upgrade Priory Park :”We’ve got a certain amount of money aside to improve Bodmin Town, which is very good and useful, now providing those costs don't exceed what we've put by, then that will be the option. I don't want to complicate things further, but the Torquay option is still there, but I don't want to use it, but it will only come into play if all the costs are prohibited but I can see at this point the Bodmin Town, after my initial inspection, is a doable scenario.”

“Part of the agreement with Helical and JIL is that I've got funds secured to cover the costs for Bodmin Town. It might sound complicated, but the last six weeks have been hectic. But rest assured I'm fighting tooth and nail to make sure that Truro City comes out of this with a ground.”

“I'm close to that solution and hopefully probably Monday afternoon or maybe even Tuesday we’ll be able to let something go a bit more which will secure which everyone will know.”

How the hell has Cornwall's senior club got into such a mess?  , Might have a ground? Might share a ground ? Might have the threat of eviction ?  You have got to feel sorry for the fans  , with this all hanging over the club , it could all go ass over tip yet ,.  Hope not we don't want another club folding , sad times for Truro .

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

The news from Truro City Chairman Peter Masters about the ground from yesterday's interview with BBC Radio Cornwall:-

"We’ve got a Ground inspection of Bodmin's at the beginning of April 2017, so subject to the ground inspection and other matters it is a possibility we will do that ground share. But it is important to highlight it is an option to ground share and not a certainty. That is very important."

Peter then went onto say :"Truro City have now secured an agreement yesterday [Friday] with JIL [the Treyew Road ground owners] and Helical [the Treyew Road developers] to remain at Treyew Road until the end of next season [2017-18] , so we've actually secured that position."

However, then the statement continued :"That does not mean that Truro City will be playing all of its home matches at Treyew Road. This is all subject to a relocation agreement which is being signed with Helical and JIL and depending on circumstances we could actually start at Treyew Road and end up at Bodmin Town , so that could well be a possibility. Not ideal, but a possibility."

"Now the circumstances will be that the solution to Silverbow has been found and that's Truro City has secured a permanent home. We've got a solution to the Silverbow, but I can't let any more detail out until that's all signed and dusted in the next few days. In the event that the Silverbow solution is not found, or there's some other problems, the owners can in fact evict us, but they have guaranteed not to enforce the eviction until the end of next season.[2017-18].

“So basically what will happen is we will carry on playing football at Treyew Road next season , they will start their eviction proceedings, we will defend it as a worse case scenario and whoever is successful, no action could be taken until the end of next season. That's what we've agreed with these people.

“The National League are fully aware of the situation and are very supportive, but in short Truro City’s got everything to play for both on and off the pitch , so it's a case of let me carry on what I'm doing, my work to try and get everything buttoned down and just carry on playing the football and try and stay in this league.”

Should it come to having to play at Bodmin, funds are available to upgrade Priory Park :”We’ve got a certain amount of money aside to improve Bodmin Town, which is very good and useful, now providing those costs don't exceed what we've put by, then that will be the option. I don't want to complicate things further, but the Torquay option is still there, but I don't want to use it, but it will only come into play if all the costs are prohibited but I can see at this point the Bodmin Town, after my initial inspection, is a doable scenario.”

“Part of the agreement with Helical and JIL is that I've got funds secured to cover the costs for Bodmin Town. It might sound complicated, but the last six weeks have been hectic. But rest assured I'm fighting tooth and nail to make sure that Truro City comes out of this with a ground.”

“I'm close to that solution and hopefully probably Monday afternoon or maybe even Tuesday we’ll be able to let something go a bit more which will secure which everyone will know.”

Bottom line here is ,TCFC can and will continue to play at Treyew Rd,but if Helical Bar can get more than one retailer,to sign up for the Treyew Rd Retail Park developement and wish to start building units. TCFC got to get out.Thats when the Bodmin option comes into play.

This is where it all get's confusing.

Truro City will start playing at Treyew Rd next season.

What happen's if all of a sudden Helical Bar sign up 4-5 more retailers and want to start developing Treyew Rd.?

Truro City will have to move.

They decide to play at Bodmin.How long will it take to get the ground upgraded.?

Will TCFC start the ground upgrade , but then be able to stay at Treyew Rd.?

Its just a complete mess.

Truro could end up being like a bunch of gypsies,moving from one ground to another.

In their first Western League season, the state of the Treyew Road pitch forced them to play games at Porthleven and St Blazey and had to reverse a Senior Cup tie with Saltash.

Is Bodmin really the best option?

Falmouth would need work but have more covered accommodation. It is also closer and the reserves could move to Dracaena which has hosted Combination football in the past.

St Blazey could be similar and closer than Bodmin with Par Running Track, another former senior venue not too far away.

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

How the hell has Cornwall's senior club got into such a mess?  , Might have a ground? Might share a ground ? Might have the threat of eviction ?  You have got to feel sorry for the fans  , with this all hanging over the club , it could all go ass over tip yet ,.  Hope not we don't want another club folding , sad times for Truro .

Heaney shafted the club and sold the ground to developers. Everyone seems to have forgotten that.

44 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

I don't normally pass an opinion on this team or league. I just hope who ever is control of Truro don't make Bodmin or any other Cornish club a laughing stock in their unfortunate situation

If Bodmin have to suffer because of TCFC,I can tell you our Chairman,wont think twice about it.

47 minutes ago, HTFC said:

Yeah I guess that's true also. They should never have let it happen in the first place.

What they done ,was why the Trustees were set up in the first place.

To protect the ground and club,against people like Heaney.

They never even consulted the fans,just went ahead and let Heaney have it.

18 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

If Bodmin have to suffer because of TCFC,I can tell you our Chairman,wont think twice about it.

What they done ,was why the Trustees were set up in the first place.

To protect the ground and club,against people like Heaney.

They never even consulted the fans,just went ahead and let Heaney have it.

They had no choice with the debt they had ....he got the ground by paying off that debt.

Can't go into detail, but there was an interesting clause to paying off the debt as well.

I know....half a story - sorry.

54 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

They had no choice with the debt they had ....he got the ground by paying off that debt.

Can't go into detail, but there was an interesting clause to paying off the debt as well.

I know....half a story - sorry.

No,No,No,No.

The debt,and the trustee's giving Heaney the ground is two completley different things.

The trustee's did not give Heaney the ground to clear the Clubs debt.

The longer this saga goes on, the more I wonder if Heaney is calling the shots and Masters is purely a media puppet. Would be interested to see if Bunters or the cab firm have received any heavy investment from a "private" source in recent times.

The sporadic releasing of info shows a lack of immediate knowledge but then suddenly when challenged, big statements suddenly come out with floods of explanation as if it has been spoon fed.

Regardless of this theory, Heaney has managed to exit stage left without any repercussion. I am not in the know but from recollection it seems that Chris Webb has done the same! 

100+ year history down the pan, complete disregard for every volunteer, player and supporter that has contributed in that time. Even as a neutral without much care for it, it makes me itch and anyone with ties to the era that started the ball rolling should recognise the blood on their hands. 

For the loyal fans, take a Lazarus style leaf from St Austells book; rename yourselves AFC Truro to exonerate yourselves from any issue, accept a low level league entry from Malpas and start again. Truro Youth can provide a future tie in and you could be back to SWPL in a decade having kept your dignity whilst the mugs that have wrecked your club will crash and burn without the support.

True to an extent. The debt owed to St Austell Brewery was paid off. However at that stage the ground was still protected by a covenant. The ground actualy fell into KH's hands after the 2007 vase success when KH went to the trustees telling them that he couldn't continue funding the club unless he had the freehold of Treyew Rd They obliged, even sharing the same law firm to do the deal. With the transfer went the covenant protecting the ground...an absolute shambles all round.

BTW isn't TCFC youth still sponsored by our little friend?

5 hours ago, modfather said:

True to an extent. The debt owed to St Austell Brewery was paid off. However at that stage the ground was still protected by a covenant. The ground actualy fell into KH's hands after the 2007 vase success when KH went to the trustees telling them that he couldn't continue funding the club unless he had the freehold of Treyew Rd They obliged, even sharing the same law firm to do the deal. With the transfer went the covenant protecting the ground...an absolute shambles all round.

Thats sounds more like what really happened.

And Yes ,he is still involved with TCFC youth set up.Still wear all the old colours and club emblems.

9 hours ago, modfather said:

And with that came the loans against the ground......£4.9 million

20 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Which our hero's Pete and Pep have cleared,for which we have been told many times.

I believe they only cleared around £450K in debt.  The rest was written off by the Creditors.  The current owners have created more debt in the club than they themselves have paid off.  That's a little detail  they over look when trotting out the usual saviours speech.

Priory Park or wherever Truro play will need to be graded at category B. This is what is required:

NATIONAL GROUND GRADING - CATEGORY B
(Appropriate to NLS Step 2 – National League North and South)
NB The suitability of all installations shall be at the sole discretion of the FA Ground Grading Technical Panel
1. GROUND
The ground must give an overall appearance and impression of being a football ground suitable for the highest level of the National League System.
It must be possible for spectators to view the match, either standing or seated, for the full length of at least 3 sides of the playing area, provided that the capacity requirements detailed under 1.3 are met. Where one side is designated as spectator-free, measures must be in place to ensure there is no unauthorised access.
The location of the ground, in so far as its relation to the conurbation whose name the club bears, or is traditionally associated with, must meet with the approval of The Football Association and the Board of Directors of the National League.
The club must disclose plans and details of any proposed future move to a new stadium or of any significant alteration to the existing ground to both The Football Association and the Board of Directors of the National League.
1.1 Security of Tenure
The club must demonstrate security of tenure as required by The Football Association and the league of which it is a member.(Standardised Rule 2.3.2)
1.2 Ground Share
Ground sharing is permitted in accordance with the provisions of individual league rules and the Regulations for the Establishment and Operation of the National League System.
1.3 Capacity
The Stadium must have a minimum capacity of 3,000 calculated by a competent person in accordance with the guidance given in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide). There must also be potential to increase the capacity to 4,000 in the future and a Club must, by the 31st March following the date of inspection, demonstrate how this capacity can be achieved.
1.4 Boundary of Ground
The ground must be enclosed by a permanent boundary, which will prevent individuals from viewing the game from outside the ground. The boundary must be of sound construction, such as pre cast concrete, brick, breeze block or metal cladding with steel or concrete posts and be of a minimum height of 1.83 metres as measured from outside the ground.
Lapped timber, latch panel wood fences and wire mesh fences with wooden posts may be acceptable. Hedges, shrubs and/or trees will not normally be accepted
Where any side of the ground is bounded by private land/property, the fixed boundary of that private land / property may be acceptable as the boundary of the ground.
Where a side or an end of the ground is designated spectator free because of an adjoining sports field or amenity there must be a fence along the entire length or width of the ground to separate the two facilities. The fence, which may be demountable, must be a minimum height of 1.83 metres and it must not be possible to view the match from outside.
Page 2
B -May 2016
1.5 Clubhouse
There must be a clubhouse facility either on or adjacent to the ground and which should be open on match days to provide refreshments to spectators and visiting Players, Officials and Match Officials, unless provided for elsewhere in the Ground.
1.6 Car Parking
There should be adequate car parking facilities at or adjacent to the ground. Car parking within the boundary of the ground on match days may not be acceptable.
1.7 Pitch Perimeter Barrier
Subject to the provisions detailed below, there must be a permanent fixed barrier ideally 1.1 m high as measured from the spectator side, of sound construction (eg concrete and steel) and free from all sharp edges, surrounding the pitch on all sides that may be occupied by spectators. Existing barriers/rails not at 1.1m high may be acceptable, provided they meet the requirements set out in 1.7 of the Appendix.
The barrier, if other than solid wall type of construction, must be infilled so that the ball cannot pass through or under it. Plastic multi-purpose hi-vis fencing is not considered suitable for infill.
There must be a minimum of 1.83 metres between the touchline, goal line and the pitch perimeter barrier. NB for Grade A a minimum of 2.25 metres is required.
Immediately in front of an area of seated accommodation the boundary of the playing area may be indicated by means other than a permanent fixed barrier, provided that the Club is able to provide assurances that no spectator will be allowed to stand in this area to watch the match.
Where there is a walkway in front of a standing terrace which is itself fronted by a crush barrier that has been subject to an annual risk assessment and, if necessary, tested, an alternative to a fixed barrier (e.g. A-frames) may be used, provided no spectators are allowed to stand in this area to watch the match. The Club must implement a safety management system to ensure this and also to protect the integrity of the playing area.
NB where A-frames are utilised instead of a fixed barrier, they must be continuous.
(See also Appendix.)
1.8 Pitch Standards
The playing surface must be grass, unless otherwise authorised by the Competition’s Board of Directors, and must be of the highest possible standard. It must be level and free from surface depressions and excessive undulations.
The maximum slope allowable shall not exceed an even gradient of vertical to horizontal 1: 41 in any direction. NB When a new pitch is being developed or significant improvements made to a pitch, the gradient of 1:41 would not be acceptable and the pitch must be constructed with reference to the FA Performance Quality Standard.
The playing surface must be maintained to a standard acceptable to the competition in which the club is playing or seeks to play.
3G football turf
3G football turf may only be used provided conditions (i) to (vi) below have been met (the “Performance Standard”):
(i) The pitch must be surfaced with 3G football turf that has laboratory type approval according to the FIFA Quality Concept for Football Turf (2012 & 2015 editions) – FIFA Recommended Two Star/Quality Pro performance.
(ii) The 3G football turf pitch must be listed on The Association’s register of 3G football turf pitches by no later than 31 July and tested annually at the Club's expense
Page 3
B -May 2016
(iii) Where a 3G football turf pitch is not yet listed on The Association’s register (for example if it is a newly installed pitch), a Club must obtain a Performance Test Certificate or Laboratory report and submit it to The Association by no later than 31 July.
(iv) The Association reserves the right to instruct a Club to have its pitch tested at any time in order to ensure that it meets the Performance Standard. All such tests shall be at the Club’s expense.
(v) The 3G football turf, including run-offs, shall be one continuous playing surface and shall be green in colour at least one metre from the outer edge of the touchline and goal line. All line markings shall be in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.
(vi) From season 2016/17 only Clubs with FIFA recommended Two star/FIFA Quality Pro pitches will be eligible to take part in matches under the auspices of National League (ie NLS Steps 1 and 2) SAVE THAT a Club which has a ground with the recommended FIFA 1 star/FIFA Quality or IATS/IMS certificate can be promoted to Step 2 of the National League System, provided that it undertakes, upon renewal of the pitch, to install a pitch with a FIFA recommended Quality Pro certificate.
NB Only FIFA Two star/FIFA Quality Pro pitches will be permissible in the National League at Step 1.
1.9 Playing Area
The playing area must be a minimum of 100 metres x 64 metres and must conform to the requirements of the Laws of the Game.
Goalposts and goal net supports should be of professional manufacture and conform to the relevant safety requirements and to the requirements of the Laws of the Game.
(See also Appendix)
1.10 Technical Area
Two covered trainers’ boxes clearly marked “Home” and “Away or Visitors” must be provided unless adequate provision is made in a seated stand. They must be on the same side of the pitch ideally either side of the halfway line, ideally both equidistant from it and ideally a minimum of 3 metres apart and provide an unobstructed view of the playing area.
NB When new boxes are being constructed or installed, they must be on each side of the half way line, equidistant from it and a minimum of 3 metres apart.
Each box must be able to accommodate a minimum of 11 persons under cover on fixed seats or benches. Where bench seating is provided, a minimum 0.5m must be allowed for each person (i.e. 11 persons require a minimum of 5.5 metres.).
Portable trainers’ boxes are permitted but must be securely fixed when in use.
A technical area must be marked out, in accordance with the guidance contained in the ‘Laws of the Game’ booklet.
1.11 Safe Walkway
There must be a safe, unimpeded passage for players and match officials between the dressing rooms and the pitch.
The use of protection designed products such as permanent structures or retractable tunnels to separate players and spectators is recommended.
Page 4
B -May 2016
The design of the safe walkway will inevitably differ from ground to ground and it will rarely guarantee the safe passage of players and match officials unless supplemented by stewards. A club should implement procedures appropriate to the particular structure and be ready to respond to on the field situations which might affect spectator behaviour.
1.12 Floodlighting
Floodlights must be provided to an average lux reading of at least 180. No single reading can be less than 100 lux nor less than one quarter of the highest reading so as to ensure an even spread of light.
Reading shall be on a grid of 88 markings (8 across, 11 down) evenly spaced with the outside readings falling on the pitch boundary line. The average of all the readings is taken to be the average illumination level in lux of the floodlighting installation.
The lux values must be tested every two years in accordance with current guidelines by an approved independent contractor. Floodlights must be retested after any significant alterations. Existing certification will be accepted provided that the test was carried out within the last two years unless work has been carried out at the ground which may have affected previous readings.
When applying for a higher grading, the certificate should have been issued no more than six months prior to the application.
An example of an “approved” contractor is one which is in possession of the NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) Approved Contractors Award or ISO 9000/BS 5750 (International Standards/British Standards) or is a member of the Electrical Contractors' Association. Alternatively, it can be a contractor deemed acceptable by the league.
The contractor must, when detailing the lux values, give confirmation in writing of the date when the illumination test equipment used was last calibrated.
1.13 Public Address System
A public address system must be provided which is clearly audible in all areas of the ground which can be occupied by spectators.
1.14 Entrances
There must be at least 6 spectator entrances to control the ingress of spectators. These must be controlled by fully operational turnstiles of the revolving type and must be suitably housed and lit. Adequate protection and security for the turnstile operator must be incorporated. These entrances should be placed in appropriate positions around the boundary of the ground and take into account the requirements of segregation.
Electronic turnstiles with bar code readers are also acceptable but an emergency procedure must be in place in the event of a power failure.
Adequate protection and security must be incorporated for the turnstile operator or, where tickets are sold from a box office, the cashier.
It must be possible to gain access to the spectator viewing areas from the turnstiles via a bound surface to a minimum width of 0.9 metre.
1.15 Exits
All exits must be clearly signed, ideally with “running man” signs, and are to be kept clear and free from obstructions. (For further information, reference should be made to the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds.)
There must be access via a bound surface to all exits form the nearest spectator viewing areas.
1.16 Lighting
(See Appendix)
Page 5
B -May 2016
1.17 Adjoining Pitches
Where deemed that they are likely to interfere with the playing of a match, ball games must not be played on adjoining pitches whilst a match is in progress.
1.18 Emergency Access
Access must be provided for emergency services and maintained free from obstruction.
2. SPECTATOR FACILITIES
2.1 Spectator Accommodation
Covered accommodation, which should preferably be on at least 2 sides of the ground, must be of sound construction of timber/steel/brick/concrete or any combination of these materials. Existing timber stands are only acceptable subject to a fire risk assessment conducted by a competent person.
The minimum covered accommodation must be 500, of which at least 250 shall be seats located in one stand. These seats may be inclusive of Directors/Committee and press seating.
A minimum of FOUR rows is required to the dimensions recommended in “The Guide to the Safety at Sports Grounds” (Green Guide). In order to meet the sight line requirements it is recommended that the first line of seating is located above pitch level. There must be an unobstructed view from the lowest level of the seated area.
Note: Clubs may retain membership of the National League NORTH/SOUTH provided that they achieve a Category “B” grading and have 250 seats under cover in one stand.
Temporary structures will not be accepted.
All should ideally be of the tip-up type with back rests. Alternatively, other than in the Directors’ Box, the seats may be of the plastic moulded type complete with back rests or other types of seats, provided that they have back rests.
Existing bench seating may be permitted provided that it is in good repair and that individual spaces (min 500mm) are clearly marked but will NOT be included in any calculation for the required minimum covered seating accommodation of 250 (or 500 to be eligible for promotion (see also below)).
All seating should afford a good and full view of the pitch and be clean, functional and in good condition.
There must be a minimum of 24 seats provided for Directors/Committee and guests with a minimum of 12 seats provided for the visiting club. These seats must be clearly marked “Home” and “Away Directors” and should enjoy a prime position in the main stand.
Standing spectators are not allowed in or near a seated spectator stand where they can obstruct views.
Areas where no spectators are permitted to stand must be clearly marked with yellow hatched markings. Alternatively, appropriate signage may be acceptable.
Hard standing to a minimum width of 0.9 metre, measured from the spectator side of the pitch perimeter barrier, must be provided on all 4 sides of the ground, unless a different configuration exists (see paragraph 1). The surface must be tarmac, concrete, concrete paving or other approved materials which create a bound material.
Clubs must be able to demonstrate that visiting supporters can be segregated when necessary.
Promotion and promotion play-offs: To qualify for promotion to the National League by winning the respective NORTH/SOUTH Championship and for the club to participate in the promotion play off matches, the ground must achieve a Category “B” Grading together with 500 seats under cover by 31st March in each season. These seats may be in two stands, with no stand having less than 100 seats.
Page 6
B -May 2016
2.2 Press Seating
A minimum of 6 seats must be provided with lighting and writing facilities for use by the press and other media. The press seating must have a clear view of the field of play.
2.3 Terracing
Where terracing is provided, it must comply with the requirements of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds. All terracing must be in a sound condition. Terracing that is crumbling, has grass / weeds growing through it or has broken or loose concrete will not be accepted.
Any level surface within the ground should ideally be hard standing, such as tarmac, concrete, concrete paving or other approved materials which create a bound surface. However, flat and well maintained grassed areas may be accepted, provided the width between the hard standing (when measured from the edge farther away from the perimeter barrier) and the boundary fence does not exceed 20 metres.
Grass banking may not be acceptable within the ground. Grass banking within the ground must not be accessible for spectators to view the match. The installation of permanent barriers of a suitable height but not less than 1.1 metres will be required. The use of demountable or semi-permanent type fencing is not acceptable.
All visible grassed areas must be well maintained.
Note: In Category A stepped terracing is required behind both goals unless the overall ground capacity is achieved with the exclusion of one or both of these areas.
2.4 Toilets
Toilets must be located within the ground and must be accessible both to male and to female spectators. Such toilets need not be in a dedicated toilet block but must be in addition to those used by people using the clubhouse.
The following minimum toilet facilities must be provided in total, excluding those located in any clubhouse:
Male: 4 urinals or equivalent and 2 WC’s
Female: 2 WC’s (4 WC’s in Category A)
NB For Grade A, a minimum of two units of toilet facilities must be provided in two separate areas within the ground.
In addition, wash hand basins with running water, warm air hand driers and/or paper towel dispenser with towels and waste paper bins must be provided in each toilet area. Whilst replaceable linen roller towels in a cabinet are acceptable, individual hand towels are not permitted.
All toilet areas must be in working order, with a roof and operational lighting, supplied with toilet paper and maintained to a high level of cleanliness.
These facilities may be of a temporary or mobile kind but must be connected to the mains supply (ie water and power) and main drainage or an acceptable alternative drainage system. They must be fully accessible with permanent access.
Individual toilet units often known as 'portaloos' are permissible on a temporary basis but may not be included in the minimum toilet requirements.
The location of all toilet facilities must be indicated with appropriate signage.
Page 7
B -May 2016
2.5 Refreshment Facilities
2.5.1 Directors/Committee/Guests
A separate Directors room, ideally near to or adjacent to the Directors seating, must be made available in which refreshments for Directors and guests can be served. The room must be able to accommodate a minimum of 24 persons with nearby toilet facilities.
2.5.2 Ground Refreshment Facilities
Refreshment facilities must be provided in each separate area of the ground. These facilities may be of a temporary or mobile type.
2.6 Disabled Facilities
(See Appendix)
2.7 Segregation
When segregation is in operation, there must be adequate toilet facilities and refreshment facilities in each segregated area in addition to the appropriate means of egress and exit.
(See Appendix)
3. DRESSING ROOM FACILITIES
3.1 Players
Separate dressing rooms must be provided for both teams within the enclosed area of the ground. The dressing rooms must be of sound construction, be of a permanent nature and must be of a minimum size of 18 square metres, excluding shower and toilet areas. Clubs should be aware of the need to increase to a minimum of 30 square metres for membership of the Football League, as from season 2014/15.
Each dressing room must have the following:
A shower area comprising of at least 4 showerheads
At least 1 wash hand basin located outside the shower area
(All of the above must have hot and cold running water)
At least 1 WC in a cubicle
(In addition, Category A requires two urinals.)
NB The Football League criteria require 6 showerheads and 2 urinals.
There must be a treatment table which is clean and in good condition in each dressing room.
3.2 Match Officials
The size of the match officials’ dressing room must be a minimum of 4 square metres, excluding shower and toilet areas. When new dressing rooms are being constructed the match officials’ room should be a minimum of 6 square metres in size, excluding shower and toilet areas.
Each match officials’ dressing room must have the following:
At least 1 shower and 1 wash basin (both with hot and cold running water)
Page 8
B -May 2016
At least 1 WC in a cubicle
Provision should be made for separate dressing rooms for male and female match officials.
Where new dressing rooms are being constructed or existing ones are being re-designed, separate purpose built facilities for male and female match officials must be provided.
There must be an audible electronic warning device (bell or buzzer) in working order located in the match officials’ dressing room and linked to the players’ dressing rooms.
All dressing room areas must be maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and be heated, well ventilated, free from damp and secure on match days.
4. MEDICAL
There must be a suitably equipped medical treatment room for players located in the vicinity of the players’ dressing rooms. Access to this room must not be via the home or away dressing rooms.
Clubs must designate on match days a suitable room for the treatment of spectators within the boundary of the ground. The designated room must contain a bed or comfortable seating, with cold and, ideally, hot water, together with paper towels. Reusable individual towels are not permitted.
The location of the room must be suitably sign posted.
At least one stretcher for the removal of injured players from the field of play must be provided.
(See also Appendix.)
APPENDIX
1. GROUND
1.7 Pitch Perimeter Barrier
It is important to distinguish between a pitch perimeter barrier/rail which exists to separate spectators from the playing area and a crush barrier which has been constructed and tested according to the requirements of the Green Guide. Where the structure cannot be designated as a crush barrier, e.g. its height exceeds 1.1m, the maximum depth of standing behind it is limited to 1.5m and this must be borne in mind in any capacity calculations.
It is recognised that the above may not be an issue for normal attendances but, when a larger crowd is anticipated, the Club should be mindful of the associated management issues and, if necessary, take professional advice.
Whatever system is employed, a club should be mindful of its responsibility to ensure spectator safety and minimise the possibility of unauthorised incursions on to the playing area.
1.9 Playing Area
Reference should be made to the Goalpost Safety information published by The Football Association and, in particular, it should be noted that the use of metal cup hooks is prohibited.
1.16 Lighting
Whilst their installation is strongly recommended, neither working nor emergency lighting is any longer a grading requirement. Clubs are reminded that they have a responsibility to ensure the safety of spectators entering, leaving and moving about the ground and, if a ground is used in non-daylight hours, adequate artificial lighting should be provided. Further, consideration must be given by a club to its procedures in the event of a power failure.
Page 9
B -May 2016
2. SPECTATOR FACILITIES
2.5 Disabled Facilities
A club must take account of the needs of disabled spectators and be mindful of its obligations under the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. Reference may be made to the publications / data sheets issued by both The Football Association and the Football Foundation.
No specific requirement is currently included in the grading criteria but The Football Association strongly recommends that access is provided to both a covered viewing area and toilet and refreshment facilities.
4. MEDICAL
There must be a nominated and suitably qualified person in attendance to assist with spectator problems unless the St John Ambulance Brigade, Red Cross Society or other capable agency are in attendance. The requirements of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds are for one first aider per 1000 anticipated spectators, with a minimum of two.
If a crowd of less than 2000 is anticipated, known and practiced arrangements should be in place to summon either a doctor or NHS ambulance alternative. For crowds of over 2000, an experienced crowd doctor should be in attendance.
NB The above in no way purports to be a comprehensive list of Health and Safety issues which it is the responsibility of a club to address. Clubs are recommended to arrange regular safety audits conducted by persons with the appropriate expertise.

Priory Park would require a huge amount of work to bring it up to National South standard.

A brief read of the Category B requirements posted above highlights for example a boundary fence, proper seating (under cover) for 250 - bench seats allowed but not as part of the 250 munimum, proper hard standing, grass banks not allowed.

I'm sure there will be many more and I wonder if this will all need to be in place by 31st March? Clearly impossible if so.

I did try to look at the club website to see if there was any information but it seems to be impossible to log on at the moment.

Just dont know why everyone is assuming TCFC will be going to Bodmin.

It will not happen.Just hot air from the Chairman.

To be fair Masters could have said any Club.

St Austell,Bodmin.St Blazey,Newquay,and said that he was prepared to upgrade those grounds,in principle.

If TCFC stay in Conference South,why would he spend money to upgrade Bodmin.?

There already upgraded grounds at Treyew Rd and Plainmoor,which wont cost him anything.

That's the two options for next season.

The big question is.

What league will TCFC be in.?

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Just dont know why everyone is assuming TCFC will be going to Bodmin.

It will not happen.Just hot air from the Chairman.

To be fair Masters could have said any Club.

St Austell,Bodmin.St Blazey,Newquay,and said that he was prepared to upgrade those grounds,in principle.

If TCFC stay in Conference South,why would he spend money to upgrade Bodmin.?

There already upgraded grounds at Treyew Rd and Plainmoor,which wont cost him anything.

That's the two options for next season.

The big question is.

What league will TCFC be in.?

Well said, especially which leauge will TRURO be IN?  Hmmm me thinks we will be Playing in the South & West  Div 1 

On 26/03/2017 at 11:51, Dave Deacon said:

Heard all before (BROKEN PROMISES ,Pipe dreams or living in Coco land) Sums up the above statement.   Today is Tuesday any news yet?

We are now ,pretty used to the hot air the Chairman spouts.

Majority of people ,just take it now ,with a pinch of salt,apart from the flock that follow's.

And Mr Masters wonder why the people of Truro have no interest in the football Club.

Update.Many people have a interest in TCFC,its Masters they have no interest in.

We will see  how many people show interest in the Football Club,when he clears off.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Majority of people ,just take it now ,with a pinch of salt,apart from the flock that follow's.

And Mr Masters wonder why the people of Truro have no interest in the football Club.

Update.Many people have a interest in TCFC,its Masters they have no interest in.

We will see  how many people show interest in the Football Club,when he clears off.

Damage will be done by then unfortunately.

Here we are again, people without any knowledge of what is happening quite happy to come one here and spout their nonsense.  People who have never run a business, never run a football club, never sat down with decision makers , making comments about things they simply don't understand.  If these people are SO concerned, where were they when D Day came and money had to be found ?  Nowhere to be found .

1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

Here we are again, people without any knowledge of what is happening quite happy to come one here and spout their nonsense.  People who have never run a business, never run a football club, never sat down with decision makers , making comments about things they simply don't understand.  If these people are SO concerned, where were they when D Day came and money had to be found ?  Nowhere to be found .

A little bit unfair to say this really. Not everyone is in the position to be able to hand over the sums of money that has been suggested, but instead some helped in other ways.

1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

If you knew anything about the Club,you would know when D.Day came around,there were plenty of people who were prepared to put their money where their mouth was.

It then meant,that you could purchase the Club.Whoops,sorry,I meant Pete Masters.

All your post does,is degrade people.

Typical.

Put £50K in - got £50K back ....I could have done that ....and a lot of others as well.

Never run a business ....certainly did, and a lot bigger than you have.

Never run a football club.....certainly have....still doing it.

Sat down with decision makers .......ermmm!! I was a decision maker - you would have sat down with me.

When D day came .....you saw an opportunity.......or was put up to it more like.

Careful what you post.

4 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

So perhaps you have some inside knowledge you could share with  the true Truro fans , Postie ????  Or is it the posting of some delusional  , occasional poster who just like stirring the pot ?  We all wait with bated breath for your next posting , putting the boot into your own clubs fans , and alienating other Cornish   forum posters  , great way to make friends or is it , as the saying goes no friends in business. , But you seem to be the only one with the answers ., Or do you ? 

4 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

22 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Hell its Wednesday  and where is the BIG news story promised by PM on the radio,  he said "Monday but definitely Tuesday"   again hot air