Cornwall Football Forum

Silverbow & Groundshare - and not at Torquay! (combined)

What on earth is going on? Being a local lad I'll always support the club, regardless of what happens, who's in charge etc. But it really isn't surprising when you hear some people are just washing their hands with the club. It's so frustrating with the deafening silence. At least some sort of basic communication would be nice.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/12/2016 at 20:41, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Kind words Rayvon, yes we could accommodate crowds of 300 like you're getting no problem.

Would certainly have the burger van here - very good.

PR for TCFC....couldn't do worse than at present could I.

No burger Van older Fag  Ash and chips all round  :thumbsup:

Dave have a look at Facebook Truro City     In The Press . No Decision On Next Season Says Chairman

They have until 31st March to let National League and FA know what's Happening  He (PM) will announce news when he has some  the club are looking at a number of things but it may not be Treyew Road      Has anyone got a Subbuteo Pitch  available ??

7 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Yes Mikey,I have seen the statement.

Its along the same lines as all what is happening with the Club at the moment.

No real news about anything,and the Club just drops further into dismay and depression.

It is hurting alot of fans.

Yes I feel for you guys  and I can only say sorry to all TISA members  little did I know  got sucked in by lies 

18 minutes ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Yes I feel for you guys  and I can only say sorry to all TISA members  little did I know  got sucked in by lies 

No need to apologise.

You were not the only one.

At least you have the balls to admit you got it wrong,and now say what you think.I read your spat on that Facebook page.

What gets up my nose is the little selected few that will not listen to anything anyone else say.They will only listen to one person.

They are his puppets ,who will only respond when their string's are pulled.

48 minutes ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Takes a man to admit he is wrong , well done Mike and to apologise on this forum good man , perhaps now more supporters of Truro will unite and get the club you deserve not the club that the owners think they deserve , shame that none of you have any knowledge of what will happen next season  Cornwall highest rated club seems to be running without a thought for you ,  or the future supporters of the club  . Good luck  in your battle to save your club from not having at least your own ground next season  , I think like a lot of fans we are glad our own clubs don't seem to be in constant turmoil off the pitch .

As appearing on the TCFC website. No new news then really!

IN THE PRESS: 'No decision' on next season says Chairman

February 9, 2017

WHITE Tigers’ Chairman, Peter Masters, has said that no decision has yet been made as to where the club will be playing next season.

“We have until March 31st to let The National League and The FA know what’s happening,” Mr. Masters told nonleague.pitchero.com. “The club will announce the news when we have it.

"We’re looking at a number of things but yes, it may not be Treyew Road.”

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

As appearing on the TCFC website. No new news then really!

IN THE PRESS: 'No decision' on next season says Chairman

February 9, 2017

8b1153_1f6449b9de9648c2913fafffb07cb5de~

WHITE Tigers’ Chairman, Peter Masters, has said that no decision has yet been made as to where the club will be playing next season.

“We have until March 31st to let The National League and The FA know what’s happening,” Mr. Masters told nonleague.pitchero.com. “The club will announce the news when we have it.

"We’re looking at a number of things but yes, it may not be Treyew Road.”

Dave ,do you have to post that picture on here.Its put me off me breakfast.:yahoo:

I was so sad to read the chairman’s comments after all his news and radio shows about how he was going to change the face of Cornish football.

If you look at the decline it starts in the summer with the sacking of Steve Tully, after last season finish you would of thought that he would have been in charge this season.

Don’t get me wrong Lee Hodges had a good record with the club so I see why he came back.

This season the club’s policy to use players that are in need of fitness and game time (Louis Rooney) has had affect in recent performance taking 3pts from the last 7 games is not really surprising considering how players go through the doors. And then the bombshell from the Chairman and stating he does not know where the club will be next season can’t do moral any good, and if you were paranoid you could think that he is talking about which league too apply for.

The clubs own forum I and others have asked about Silver Bow the silence is deafening  

And after today’s 4-0 defeat enough is enough we don’t need loan players we need a team that plays as a team, win lose or draw they are altogether and playing the week after week.

oh well just had my wings clipped by PM, he messaged me on FB and started to get annoyed when all I did was ask simple questions

1 Where will Truro Play next season

2 Team moral must be at a low  after your comments in the media

3 What about SilverBow?

4 Attendances are low and will remain low after your media outburst  (That is when I was called rude)

Finally he said he was going to block me.

Also I have been taking flack ob FB  Truro City Group   telling me to go away  and other things 

If I can i will print out the the message  for all to see.

1 hour ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

oh well just had my wings clipped by PM, he messaged me on FB and started to get annoyed when all I did was ask simple questions

1 Where will Truro Play next season

2 Team moral must be at a low  after your comments in the media

3 What about SilverBow?

4 Attendances are low and will remain low after your media outburst  (That is when I was called rude)

Finally he said he was going to block me.

Also I have been taking flack ob FB  Truro City Group   telling me to go away  and other things 

If I can i will print out the the message  for all to see.

You must have upset the man,if you have been blocked.

Thats what he does to anyone,who dare's to question him.

So welcome to the club.

The thing is,you must never stop airing your opinion.

I certainly wont.

Here we are,its February 17th,and still not a speck of earth has been moved at the SilverBow site.

All we hear about is "reserves".

And poor old Russell Keeble got so excited before Christmas,that's what happen when you believe bull££££.

Think I will remain a hater,as the Chairman calls anyone with a different opinion,to his own.

"Poor Old Russell Keeble" is not a pessimist. I listened to what the Chairman had to say on the Laurence Reed Show and I heard someone who is totally committed to making Truro City FC work and become a sustainable club. There are major obstacles to overcome and issues to sort, as he described. What is the point of constantly having to reply to the griping of a small section of fans just because they are not being told every detail of what is happening. I for one will keep supporting Truro both HOME and Away and will celebrate when it all works itself out.

12 minutes ago, russellkeeble said:

"Poor Old Russell Keeble" is not a pessimist. I listened to what the Chairman had to say on the Laurence Reed Show and I heard someone who is totally committed to making Truro City FC work and become a sustainable club. There are major obstacles to overcome and issues to sort, as he described. What is the point of constantly having to reply to the griping of a small section of fans just because they are not being told every detail of what is happening. I for one will keep supporting Truro both HOME and Away and will celebrate when it all works itself out.

I heard the Chairman as well.He told us nothing,that we dont already know.

Russell I believe you better listen to supporters that are griping,because it certainly is not a small section.Are these the fans that are labelled "haters" by Mr Masters.

Also I find it very comical Russell that you come out of hiding,once the Master has spoken.

Oh well, I will see you on Monday for the TISA Quiz/Auction night,when TISA will be auctioning your shirt you gave us to raise money for your nominated charity.

A quick question. 

If Truro were relegated at the end of the season, is there any ground in Cornwall, apart from theirs that would pass ground grading for the Southern League Premier?

Perhaps there is a ground that would only need a few tweeks to it's infrastructure.

I know they could not share (if there was such a ground) next season as it would be too late but possibly the season after as Silver Bow does not look like it is taking off for the start of 1918/19 season even.

21 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

There's something going on there at the moment, and I have heard ready for 17/18 season (!).....MMmmmm.

Don't think  - so but maybe the season after if that is the start of the work going on.

Yes I have noticed earth moving but it is very start/stop.

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Interesting quote on a media website.

Dont know if it is true.

But they say a planning application have been approved,at SilverBow site,for Stables,Offices and a Gymnasium.

Plan  B, maybe.?????????????????

WOAH BOY!!!!!! pull yer reigns in.......WHAT!!!!! no football stadium.....giddy up yer havin a larf.

More money in stables and a gym.

5 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Interesting quote on a media website.

Dont know if it is true.

But they say a planning application have been approved,at SilverBow site,for Stables,Offices and a Gymnasium.

Plan  B, maybe.?????????????????

Well Somersetspur, Cornwall Council has an online planning register so you will be able to find it on there if it's true. 

12 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

You need to look again, this time more carefully!

From the planning application associated document http://docs.planning.cornwall.gov.uk/rpp/index.asp?caseref=PA16/06952

" The site currently benefits from outline planning permission for Truro City Football Club's replacement football facilities and conditional planning permission for a replacement dwelling and associated buildings.  The fact that these permissions are capable of being implemented is a material consideration."

"The reports were produced to accompany PA15/03405 - Outline planning permission for development at Silver Bow, comprising the construction of a replacement football pitch....................The site area for the current application is the same as that of the approved outline permission."

Close enough?

12 hours ago, Never-Pay-Never said:

From the planning application associated document http://docs.planning.cornwall.gov.uk/rpp/index.asp?caseref=PA16/06952

" The site currently benefits from outline planning permission for Truro City Football Club's replacement football facilities and conditional planning permission for a replacement dwelling and associated buildings.  The fact that these permissions are capable of being implemented is a material consideration."

"The reports were produced to accompany PA15/03405 - Outline planning permission for development at Silver Bow, comprising the construction of a replacement football pitch....................The site area for the current application is the same as that of the approved outline permission."

Close enough?

That's what I would call an each way bet.

On 2/21/2017 at 20:58, cornishteddyboy said:

A quick question. 

If Truro were relegated at the end of the season, is there any ground in Cornwall, apart from theirs that would pass ground grading for the Southern League Premier?

Perhaps there is a ground that would only need a few tweeks to it's infrastructure.

I know they could not share (if there was such a ground) next season as it would be too late but possibly the season after as Silver Bow does not look like it is taking off for the start of 1918/19 season even.

As things stand Truro City would escape relegation, personally my number one fear is Truro City will take voluntary relegation, without any grounds in Cornwall being of Southern League standard we could be required to drop to the Western Premier league or if what I read a couple of weeks ago (a suggested drop to the South West Peninsula League) which was alleged to be the most likely preference from the football club hierarchy.

A hard pill to swallow could be that the club could only afford to survive if dropping to the lower level and retaining existing support or more bearing in mind the vast reduction in admission charges, if that should happen an early pre season PR exercise would need to be put into place and possibly a campaign to sell as many season tickets as possible.

9 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

As things stand Truro City would escape relegation, personally my number one fear is Truro City will take voluntary relegation, without any grounds in Cornwall being of Southern League standard we could be required to drop to the Western Premier league or if what I read a couple of weeks ago (a suggested drop to the South West Peninsula League) which was alleged to be the most likely preference from the football club hierarchy.

A hard pill to swallow could be that the club could only afford to survive if dropping to the lower level and retaining existing support or more bearing in mind the vast reduction in admission charges, if that should happen an early pre season PR exercise would need to be put into place and possibly a campaign to sell as many season tickets as possible.

Ashes to ashes - dust to dust.....R.I.P. the dream.

Built on selling your ground - and your dignity.

• 4 weeks later...

i heard the full interview with hard hiiting questions from laurence Reed (BBC Radio cornwall sports news 1-05pm.

Hoping to declare the ground situation by end of next week and pleading to the people in power to vote with Truro city F C  at heart.-Plainmoor is an option but not the desired one.

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

Silver Bow "is not financially viable" - Peter Masters

Do you mean,SilverBow may not be built.?

No,really.

Where is Russell Keeble.????????????

What do the OSC think.?

Oh sorry they dont.

More rubbish from the Chairman.It dont look like his plans,are going to happen.

Just now, Never-Pay-Never said:

I thinking he is dragging out the announcement about staying at Treyew Road for another season so he can claim he has pulled off some master stroke (no pun intended) when the reality is that JIL would have no interest in evicting Truro City when they are nowhere near having anybody ready to move in.

You mean ,the same thing he done last year.

Worked so hard to get another season at Treyew Rd.