Cornwall Football Forum

Silverbow & Groundshare - and not at Torquay! (combined)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

I have come past the entrance to Silver Bow this morning and part of the road is coned off and the was vehicles there unloading equipment. There was also vehicle down the lane to the farm next to the new ground, So all you doubters it looks like something is happening!!!

What was on the side of the lorries (?) Persimmon, Balfour beatty, Kier group......(?)

7 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

What was on the side of the lorries (?) Persimmon, Balfour beatty, Kier group......(?)

Older, the more you post the more certain I am that your really Victor Meldrew in disguise!  Makes sense as I've never seen the two of you in the same place at the same time! :)

14 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

No the boulders had not been removed. I understand they have been doing test drilling to see what is under the surface, so not actual building work but at least something is happening!!

Yes,drilling,so now the doubters are very clear,whats happening.Nothing.

There were rumours a while ago,that the site has a historical history,and building on it may be a problem.

We will wait and see.

Still not excited ,yet,Russell.

7 hours ago, somersetspur said:

There were rumours a while ago,that the site has a historical history,and building on it may be a problem.

We will wait and see.

My sentiments entirely, after so many previous 'false promises' on the ground - we will believe it when we see it actually being built !

10 hours ago, cat weasel said:

Obviously testing the ground to see if it will take 50+ houses

I just said that - but subtlety. 

13 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Older, the more you post the more certain I am that your really Victor Meldrew in disguise!  Makes sense as I've never seen the two of you in the same place at the same time! :)

You have now.:thumbsup:

Image result for victor meldrew grumpy

8 hours ago, somersetspur said:

We will wait and see.

If the doubters are right, then could someone explain the logic behind strengthening the side with new signings? Why bother? I have visions that, when Silver Bow stages it's first match, Somersetspur will be marching up  and down outside the ground with a placard saying 'Silver Bow will never happen'. 

5 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

If the doubters are right, then could someone explain the logic behind strengthening the side with new signings? Why bother? I have visions that, when Silver Bow stages it's first match, Somersetspur will be marching up  and down outside the ground with a placard saying 'Silver Bow will never happen'. 

Sorry if I upset anyone but I will be annoyed if goalkeeper Tom McHale's place in the team is under immediate threat, he is our Number One and should remain so, at this time he is in good form propping up what has been a leaky defence. 

What message would it send out to other youngsters in Cornwall and Devon should a really good player get pushed to one side after proving their worth.

We hear about strengthening the team but what about weakening team morale.

I didn't think I would feel this way but I find myself asking the question, "Is it worth following Truro City anymore". Loyal people appear to get shat on.

I understand 5 of the Cornwall under 18 squad are playing at Falmouth Town, surely those good enough to represent the County should be made welcome at whatever club within that county plays at the highest level. It looks as if Falmouth's new ground could be built before Truro City's perhaps the youngsters are looking towards clubs with vision and what lies ahead..

6 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Sorry if I upset anyone but I will be annoyed if goalkeeper Tom McHale's place in the team is under immediate threat, he is our Number One and should remain so, at this time he is in good form propping up what has been a leaky defence. 

What message would it send out to other youngsters in Cornwall and Devon should a really good player get pushed to one side after proving their worth.

I didn't think I would feel this way but I find myself asking the question, "Is it worth following Truro City anymore". Loyal people appear to get shat on.

I understand 5 of the Cornwall under 18 squad are playing at Falmouth Town, surely those good enough to represent the County should be made welcome at whatever club within that county plays at the highest level. It looks as if Falmouth's new ground could be built before Truro City's perhaps the youngsters are looking towards clubs with vision and what lies ahead..

Wrong thread,one has been created with news of the Martin Rice signing.

7 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Wrong thread,one has been created with news of the Martin Rice signing.

The forum police is out in force, should Inspector Clouseau read this thread before comment he would

understand I was replying to the mention of "Strengthening the team" and "vision" posted by Goldeneye.

31 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

The forum police is out in force, should Inspector Clouseau read this thread before comment he would

understand I was replying to the mention of "Strengthening the team" and "vision" posted by Goldeneye.

Sorry ,dont speak to him,unless I have to.

Thought you would have known better.I expect from him.

17 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Falmouth town - new ground (!) that's further away than Silverbow....if it's ever built.

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion which I have said before is maybe pump a few quid into a local ground i.e. Falmouth town get there facilities up to scratch for Truro standard of football then sort the other stuff out I can't see many fans going to Torquay on a Saturday let alone a cold damp Tuesday night!!! At least in Falmouth it's only 10 mins down the road I'm only using Falmouth as an example 

At this moment in time,Helical Bar who are the developement company for Treyew Road,have signed up just ONE retail customer.Wren Kitchens.

There is a promise of three more interested parties,or though,no actual signing of contracts ,yet.

So unless there is a sudden surge of companies for the Retail Park,building of these units will not take place ,yet.

Instead of making deals with Torquay for a possible ground share at Plainmoor.

Why not do a deal with the owners of Treyew Road,JIL, for a extended stay at the football clubs home.? 

In the month since this thread was started the only thing mentioned was drilling so we have not moved forward we are still in limbo, it is possible to drill to ensure you are safe to continue with the project or drill to obtain reasons why you can not and abort the whole thing.

At East Thurrock the white flag of surrender appeared to be raised on the pitch, it must not be raised off it.

East Thurrock in the real world was "not" surrender the lads ran out of steam following two tremendous performances against all the odds tackling Forest Green.

Listening to Pete Masters on Radio C yesterday-The Council have ordered the two Stadium parties to "bang their heads tgether" to sort out the retail competition. The SilverBow ground  has now moved on to February for possible start and March 31st is the deadline to inform the F.A. and National League of where Truro City will play next season.

So it certainly looks like Plainmoor.

Rumour has it,Masters has already approached S4C.

So it is very important,to keep TCFC in Cornwall.

If they move to Torquay,they will be there at least ,until the S4C is built.

Russell Keeble,this is very sad,what is happening ,with the continual rubbish that is being told.

Its about time the OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB,started to challenge the owners plans,or else people we will not be watching TCFC in Cornwall for a few years.

Thats not right,and you know it. 

11 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Rumour has it,Masters has already approached S4C.

So it is very important,to keep TCFC in Cornwall.

If they move to Torquay,they will be there at least ,until the S4C is built.

Russell Keeble,this is very sad,what is happening ,with the continual rubbish that is being told.

Its about time the OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB,started to challenge the owners plans,or else people we will not be watching TCFC in Cornwall for a few years.

Thats not right,and you know it. 

He mentioned sharing the S4C a few years ago before any mention of silvernevertobebuiltbow.

It's just a pity that S4C will always be a white elephant subsidised by rate payers.

At all times it remains the sensible choice.

Silverbow will end up as housing.

Ex Torquay Chairman Mr Philips has been making some very interesting comments about Truro City's owner.

He is a very good friend.

He persuaded G.I. to make Torquay the original loan.

He  would love to own Torquay Utd,one day.

He worked so hard to get the deal between Torquay and G.I. over the line.

Add to that ,the plans to get TCFC to at Torquay,next season.

You dont have to be clever,to see what is going on here.

Its not IF.Its WHEN.

13 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

He mentioned sharing the S4C a few years ago before any mention of silvernevertobebuiltbow.

It's just a pity that S4C will always be a white elephant subsidised by rate payers.

At all times it remains the sensible choice.

Silverbow will end up as housing.

I propose a ground share with Penryn Athletic. stick a stand up on the cricket ground side and a bit of tarmac around the place and its good to go. Oh and bring back Bakes, Cornwall's No. 1 groundsman. Olderyougit could be the new Truro City PR man.

• 1 month later...

Russell Keeble,dont know if you are allowed to respond,but you posted good news in November about the new Stadium.

But you had your enthusiasm dampened by the Chairman,telling us all, that nothing would happen in January,and that February was the next date for work to commence.

FEBRUARY IS HERE.

ANY NEWS.???????????????????

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Russell Keeble,dont know if you are allowed to respond,but you posted good news in November about the new Stadium.

But you had your enthusiasm dampened by the Chairman,telling us all, that nothing would happen in January,and that February was the next date for work to commence.

FEBRUARY IS HERE.

Yeah it's STILL no further forward!!! I wouldn't mind buying a house there when they're ready ?

On 01/02/2017 at 13:34, somersetspur said:

FEBRUARY IS HERE.

Ahh but what year ?